Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Del Zotto is EXACTLY the type of player a dope like TheGame would call up WFAN about, crying how bad he stinks and they need to trade him for Rick Nash. I have 0.00% doubt of that. MDZ is another player the majority of our fan base is COMPLETELY clueless on.
    this is why i try not to listen to WFAN, as soon as any athlete in NY has a bad game or two, the fans are calling for their heads, just a bunch of idiots that want to hear themselves on the radio.... you know the ones!!

vCash
    MDZ is just 21-22 years old people tend to forget this, not everybody is a Nicklas Lidstrom right off the bat. Let the kids game grow.

vCash
    Amen. At 22, his game still needs to grow.

The other overlooked point is the fact that D is the HARDEST position to learn and play. Especially when you're asked to play top-4 minutes. You hear commentators, and I mean guys who played the position for many years like Denis Potvin who does the Panthers, say all the time that the learning/development curve for defensemen is in the neighborhood of 250-300 NHL games before a guy really becomes what he'll be.

Even counting the playoffs, Del Zotto is at about 225 or so. He's likely got close to another full season of learning ahead of him.

vCash
    How quickly people forget that at 22, Leetch sukkkkkkkkkkkkkkked defensively. He had no clue. People also forget that at 25, Keenan benched him in the playoffs vs. the Devils until Messier stepped in and told Keenan to cut the crap out.

vCash
    People have no patience's, they want him to be Leetch/Lidstrom so young, MDZ showed major strides this past season and his defense got MUCH better. He was using his body more, getting more psychical and he was smarter with the puck, this will all come with more experience. Lets be patient

vCash

Michael Del Zotto

Still no news on a possible contract? Or even that sather and the agent are talking?

vCash
    Seems like everything is pretty quiet at the moment ....I like his play and I'm happy we will see great things from him for years to come .... Can't remember in a long time where I'm confident as a Ranger fan on how far this team will go for years to come!!!

vCash
    Hockey fans especially have no patience with offensive defenseman who aren't solid defensively yet. Fans are usually clueless with those types. If your a good defensive, defenseman and then develop offense, you're looked at like a star by fans. If you're a good offensive defenseman who later becomes good defensively, you are almost never given credit. Leetch took forever to get credit for being good defensively because he wasn't early in his career. People never wanted to acknowledge that he improved.

Points wins Norris trophy's. Karlsson is wonderful offensively. He should not have won anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Hockey fans especially have no patience with offensive defenseman who aren't solid defensively yet. Fans are usually clueless with those types. If your a good defensive, defenseman and then develop offense, you're looked at like a star by fans. If you're a good offensive defenseman who later becomes good defensively, you are almost never given credit. Leetch took forever to get credit for being good defensively because he wasn't early in his career. People never wanted to acknowledge that he improved.

Points wins Norris trophy's. Karlsson is wonderful offensively. He should not have won anything.
    Karlson is decent defensively too, I think a lot of people assume he's poor defensively because he is good offensively. Our team had a hard time dealing with Karlsson's speed in his own end this playoffs, when the puck was dumped in he came out with it fast. But with DelZotto he has came leaps and bounds last year defensively, he's only gonna get better really. He just needs to learn when to join the rush and when to back off sometimes, it's a hard thing to learn but I think he's the type of player who will continue to improve, as I said before, he will be the best defenseman we have in years to come IMO.

vCash
    DelZotto won't be better all-around than McDonagh. He dosen't have the defensive ability McD does, though he seemed to improve last season. Being tough dosen't come naturally to him, it seems forced at times. Del Zotto's shot also isn't great, so that limits his effectiveness in running the pp. The Rangers still need to find a guy that really can do that, be it a FA like Coliacovo/Campoli or maybe they let Stralman handle it. That's why getting Schultz would've been huge.
    Last edited by Ranger71; 08-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    MDZ is just 21-22 years old people tend to forget this, not everybody is a Nicklas Lidstrom right off the bat. Let the kids game grow.
    This is my sentiment as well, but for some reason people fail to see this.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger71 View Post
    DelZotto won't be better all-around than McDonagh. He dosen't have the defensive ability McD does, though he seemed to improve last season. Being tough dosen't come naturally to him, it seems forced at times. Del Zotto's shot also isn't great, so that limits his effectiveness in running the pp. The Rangers still need to find a guy that really can do that, be it a FA like Coliacovo/Campoli or maybe they let Stralman handle it. That's why getting Schultz would've been huge.
    McDonagh doesn't have the offensive abilities that DelZotto has and yet DelZotto improved defensively immensely. DelZotto was 20 times better defensively last year than the previous year, if he gets just a little bit better in that regard it won't be hard for him to be our best defenseman. Don't get me wrong, I think McDonagh is gonna be a really good defenseman, but I don't ever envision him running our PP.

vCash
    I think McDonagh has a lot more offensive game then I thought he did. It was his first full season last year and he had 32 points which is pretty darn good. Like MDZ, his slapper needs to improve. I do think MDZ improved his slapper a lot this year velocity wise. He just can't hit the net with it yet.
    Last edited by averymustgo; 08-20-2012 at 04:37 AM.

vCash
    Exactly, and just look at some of the plays he's starting to make like the pinch and pass to Fedetenko in Gm6 and the follow up in the last second in Calgary. He's got those kinds of intangibles which will only get better. He dosen't have some of the flash DZ does but he also dosen't have the inconsistencies and predictability issues DZ has to work through. I see more of Leetch in McD than DZ just from a hockey sense standpoint. A top 10 dman in the league now.
    *The one thing that does bother me sometimes with McDonagh are the errant passes leaving the zone. He needs to do a better job recognizing when to take it out himself.
    Last edited by Ranger71; 08-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

looks like contract negotiations are happening but the two sides cant agree on a price.

hope this gets done soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast