Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    All I had to see to know Del Zotto will be a force in this league one day was this. When Neil cheap shotted Boyle, nobody on the team did crap. No defenseman did crap. Del Zotto sought out Neil, found him with his head down, drilled him and dropped him like a sack of crap. I loved it. I loved see Neil lying on the ice like a tool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    What kind of contract you guys think DZ will get? I think they will look to lock him up long term, I'm thinking something along the lines of 4 years 10-11M total.
    Yeah, I think the parameters of his deal would be along those lines. That'd be a great deal for us too.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    I think if he signes for 4 years, there is at least a fair shot of him getting north of $12 million over the life of the deal. That actually would not be an unfair deal. While he has yet to make an All-Star team like Staal or Girardi, he does have more offense to his game then either of those two, and is coming off a season in which he eclipsed the best offensive seasons either of those guys have had, and at only the age of 22, with only 200 or so NHL games played, he's still well within the development curve for defensemen, where as Staal and Girardi are not.

Ideally, I'd like to see a 4 year deal worth about $11 million. But if he got 12 over that same span, I'd be fine with that.

vCash
    Lock him up..

Worst case, he doesn't get much better, and is still a good 2 way defenseman. If he takes that next step, he becomes a top-level D-Man, and we get a bargain. Which, IMO, isn't out of the question. Because if he improves any more, and he hits the market, he will be worth plenty, likely more than we will pay. I can see the defense corps being anchored by him and McD in a few years, and I like that idea..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Lock him up..

Worst case, he doesn't get much better, and is still a good 2 way defenseman. If he takes that next step, he becomes a top-level D-Man, and we get a bargain. Which, IMO, isn't out of the question. Because if he improves any more, and he hits the market, he will be worth plenty, likely more than we will pay. I can see the defense corps being anchored by him and McD in a few years, and I like that idea..
    He's gonna get better....but I'm not sure the problem is length of contract from Sathers side, I would guess DelZotto's camp wants a shorter contract so he can get the big bucks at UFA, but that's just my guess. Slats is probably trying to give him a 5 year deal at a value he's worth now, I doubt that would get it done, there's a deal in the middle somewhere, we're either gonna have to increase the money or decrease the years, just my guess.

vCash
    I think 3 years at 2.7 is fair.

vCash
    I'm not going to venture a guess at what I think his contract should be, that's not my kind of thing. What I will say is that I hope he gets signed for a good long time, 3 years or more. He's only 22, and will only get better, or drastically worse. I don't see the latter happening, barring some kind of debilitating injury, heaven forbid.
    Last edited by Puckmeat; 08-06-2012 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Sather will be insisting on no less than a 4-year contract, I believe, due to the large number of key players which will be UFAs in three years (Gaborik, Callahan, Girardi, & Lunqvist). Kreider will be a RFA in three years as well, so I don't think Sather wants to add to his workload that season and will try to sign Del Zotto for four years, or longer, similar to what was accomplished with Girardi and Staal.

It's pure speculation on the amount, but with defenseman a hot commodity this off-season, I would think the risk of a hold-out for both Del Zotto and Montreal's P.K. Subban are higher than we think. At the very least, the dynamics of the situation suggest each player should resign as late as possible.

vCash
    I'm thrilled they gave up Erixon instead of MDZ. Like I said. That hit against Neil was something you would never see from Erixon in his entire career. It spoke volumes to me about what Del Zotto will be in the future. I know he didn't have a great series against NJ. However, this kid is a little more accuracy away on his shot from being a 55 point defenseman with a mean streak. Those are pretty hard to find in the NHL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    I'm thrilled they gave up Erixon instead of MDZ. Like I said. That hit against Neil was something you would never see from Erixon in his entire career. It spoke volumes to me about what Del Zotto will be in the future. I know he didn't have a great series against NJ. However, this kid is a little more accuracy away on his shot from being a 55 point defenseman with a mean streak. Those are pretty hard to find in the NHL.
    Yeah I enjoyed that very much as well. It also helps that Boyle and him are like brothers so they're going to stick up for each other which is a really good sign. I just remember Neil's face after staying down for so long after getting completely drilled by DZ. I need to find that replay...

vCash
    MDZ won me over with that. I can live with the Devils series. He's 21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    MDZ won me over with that. I can live with the Devils series. He's 21.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Del Zotto's ****** play in the playoffs probably had something to do with two grandparents passing away within a week of each other although his skating did look rather poor this year. Hopefully hell get all of his **** together next season.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    It's not Del Zotto everyone should worry about, though make no mistake about his importance to that defense and team, it's McDonagh. He's is a Norris Trophy winner in the making and will command a salary accordingly. Thats the situation that intrigues me most, I mean the guy had so many flashes of brilliance last year. His ceiling is just incredible, maybe if Leetch worked with him a bit... yikes.

vCash
    Del Zotto is EXACTLY the type of player a dope like TheGame would call up WFAN about, crying how bad he stinks and they need to trade him for Rick Nash. I have 0.00% doubt of that. MDZ is another player the majority of our fan base is COMPLETELY clueless on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast