Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Michael Sauer making Tremendous Progress

Has been talked about in several posts so made its own. If this continues to go there could be no more moves.

"Earlier this week, Rangers analyst Dave Maloney was on Edmonton Radio 630 and said that Michael Sauer has made “tremendous progress” in his recovery from his concussion.

The exact quote from Maloney is “the guy who is feeling better and I think that if he is in the Rangers lineup I think the Rangers beat the Devils, that guy is Michael Sauer. Michael Sauer is apparently making tremendous progress and feeling better. So you take Tim Erixon out of the mix and there is a hope and a thought that Sauer is better. Their first pick this year was a young defenseman, McIlrath banged his knee up at development. That being said there is a lot of hope that Michael Sauer can be the Michael Sauer he was two years ago and the Rangers then get that much better on the blue line.

via Brett

It was reported late last month that Sauer was doing “much better” but still had ways to go.

Glen Sather said at the draft that Sauer was doing better but “coming along slowly.” "

Adam Rotter, SNYRANGERS
    Link http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

vCash
    Great news for the Rangers, he was really missed in the playoffs and down the stretch.

If he comes back at 100% it would be like adding another FA.

vCash
    Nice, getting him back would be huge for the strength of our 3rd pair D.

vCash
    Awesome, this team really missed him. Getting him back makes us a nearly complete team.

Hope this will be sooner than later

vCash
    He's the perfect third pair D for this team. Hopefully he gets back and Stralman is working on improving his strength and defensive awareness.

vCash
    If come playoff time our D is Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto, Stralman, and Sauer, I will be very happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    If come playoff time our D is Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto, Stralman, and Sauer, I will be very happy.
    x2

vCash
    Good to hear, was just about to ask how Sauer was doing

vCash
    This is some of the best news I've seen in a while. If he comes back healthy, we are oh so deep at D. I just hope he doesn't come back as the type of player we worry about every time he get's hit.

vCash
    I thought Sauer was our best, defensive defenseman the previous year. The defense will be scary tough with him.

vCash
    The joys of good drafting and trading. Where would the team be without its young d-corp? Kinda amazing when you think about it, the entire D, minus McD, has been acquired through the draft. Awesome work Gordie and Co.

vCash
    This is our year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Nice, getting him back would be huge for the strength of our 3rd pair D.
    Isn't Sauer a right-handed defenseman? I would think if he's back to 100%, he'd be on on 2nd line defensive pairing and Stralman on the 3rd pairing.

Sauer was one of the top plus/minus defensemen in the league, prior to his injury, that doesn't sound like a 3rd line defenseman to me.

JMHO, - if he's 100%, he's going to be teamed with Staal on the 2nd line, with MDZ and Stralman on our the 3rd pairing. Regardless, with Sauer back - Great Depth!

vCash
    Fantastic news

vCash
    A couple of posts referenced a Sauer return as helping our 3rd line. When healthy, there is no doubt that Michael Sauer is our 2nd line defenseman, paired with Marc Staal. Defensively, Sauer was playing very sound and strong defense and is really our only defenseman that has some snarl to his game.

Perhaps he starts on the 3rd line to get his game back but, onve that occurs, I believe it will be:

Mcd / Girardi
    Staal / Sauer
    MDZ / Stralman

That would represent a very strong 6-man unit in front of, well, you know who.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast