Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    2013 Baseball Farm System Rankings
    1) St. Louis Cardinals (ranked #5 last year): Strengths: Everything. They have pitching, hitting, high upside, and depth. They have a proven track record of player development. Weaknesses: none really. They could use a shortstop with a better bat but so could most teams.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...ystem-rankings
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    John Hart (Rangers former GM) on MLB Network just compared Taveras to Barry Bonds at this age.

Another scout said 'he is the best prospect I have seen in over a decade'

Hard to not start falling in love

vCash
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping this is our next Stan Musial. Obviously no one will ever replace Stan but it would be great if Tavares is the next great player in St.Louis and actually stays his whole career in St.Louis. Not like Pujols who we all thought was this generations Musial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    John Hart (Rangers former GM) on MLB Network just compared Taveras to Barry Bonds at this age.

Another scout said 'he is the best prospect I have seen in over a decade'

Hard to not start falling in love
    i read somewhere one time they compared his swing to that of griffey jr

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    The only thing different between their swings is the follow through. They have very comparable swings, Griffey's was just a bit more of a swooping one
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    I don't think they look that much alike.

But I'm sure he will refine it some more still.

vCash
    I wonder how Oscar will deal with the pressures and expectations.. Cards fans are piling them very high on such a young kid.. I hope he is ready for them...

vCash
    happened to Drew and Ankiel too

And Reyes

But this is a different organization today than it was then.

vCash
    Anthony Reyes? I don't buy that. He didnt get along with Duncan and wouldn't listen to what he had to say. Reyes wanted to be one type of pitcher and Duncan wanted him to be another.

Drew just put out little effort and didnt want to play through minor injuries like you have to in MLB

Ankiel I think has a legitimate argument he succumbed to pressure. Rasmus also. Though Rasmus also had issues with how he should hit even though LaRussa was right. If Rasmus would have used the gaps he could have been a double and triple machine. With his natural power and swing the home runs would come

I'm sure the pressure didnt help and im sure it was heavy pressure, but all those players except Ankiel had attitude issues that led to a bigger issues
    Last edited by Skippy15; 01-31-2013 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Agree I think it is hard not to start loving the kid. Tavares looks to be a damn fine ball player. Let's hope he's a great guy off the field and on the field too. I like that he says he doesn't want to be rushed either he said he's almost ready but would like to have alittle more time in the minors to fine to a few things and get more comfortable.

Rasmus was a great kid and I wish he would have worked out for us in St. Louis but wish all the best of luck to him in Toronto. I actually talk on another forum and his father actually posts on it too. He also joins my fantasy baseball league on yahoo as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post

Drew just put out little effort and didnt want to play through minor injuries like you have to in MLB
    I dont know about anyone else, but I have always felt that Drew did not have the career his could have had IF he just had more drive to be the best player.. Think the game came very easy for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    I dont know about anyone else, but I have always felt that Drew did not have the career his could have had IF he just had more drive to be the best player.. Think the game came very easy for him.
    Agreed. He's went through every other phase of baseball as always being the best no matter where he played and it was completely easy. By the time he he got to mlb level that's all he relied on

Honestly with his skill and ability if he had just put the actual work into it there's a legit chance he would be a hall of fame player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't think they look that much alike.

But I'm sure he will refine it some more still.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NyJjSZ76QI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NF23Cs1m4

There swings are a lot alike. The difference between them is Taveras' stance is so dang short his swing looks vialant instead of smooth like Jr's. They both have a big look in their swing, and if Taveras took his top hand off the bat in the follow through, his bat would end up in the same spot as Jr's.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Maybe you are right.

rap, I'll give you that looked a lot closer than I could recall Taveras' swing.

Everybody remembers Juniors swing. It's the most beautiful swing we could all have grown up seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Anthony Reyes? I don't buy that. He didnt get along with Duncan and wouldn't listen to what he had to say. Reyes wanted to be one type of pitcher and Duncan wanted him to be another.

Ankiel I think has a legitimate argument he succumbed to pressure. Rasmus also. Though Rasmus also had issues with how he should hit even though LaRussa was right. If Rasmus would have used the gaps he could have been a double and triple machine. With his natural power and swing the home runs would come

I'm sure the pressure didnt help and im sure it was heavy pressure, but all those players except Ankiel had attitude issues that led to a bigger issues
    I'm just referring being top prospects in all of baseball who we all loved in Cardinal nation and were excited to see.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast