Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    interested to see what this kid can do. I'm not going to get too excited about him till he shows promise. He looks as if he could be a big thumper just hopefully he can put up a solid average and not strike out a whole lot in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Cardinals sign 16 year old Henry Alvardo

Big boy, LF/1B, big power.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...enry-alvarado/

His swing is very smooth. Looks a lot like BJ Upton's. Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Damn that swing looks beautiful! It is very effortless too!

vCash

vCash
    Haha I read this last night. I was gonna share but got distracted by Netflix lol

Only thing I disagree with is I put Miller over Wacha. Miller had a beautiful second half and a really good major league debut, good enough to make the playoff roster so that says something. Plus Wacha only has 21 innings in pro ball. But other than that great list

vCash
    I'm so damn excited about that top 5. All could be playing next year sometime. I'd love to have Martinez groomed into a closer or set up man. Idk if his small frame would be able to eat a lot of innings.

I'm ****ing stoked about Taveras! I see him becoming a damn good 2 hitter
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    damn our future is bright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    damn our future is bright
    We have never had a system this deep, ever.

And we are the team with the original farm systems.

Never this deep.

Very excited, too bad Luhnow is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Haha I read this last night. I was gonna share but got distracted by Netflix lol

Only thing I disagree with is I put Miller over Wacha. Miller had a beautiful second half and a really good major league debut, good enough to make the playoff roster so that says something. Plus Wacha only has 21 innings in pro ball. But other than that great list
    And Wacha never had to face a lineup twice, and didn't have to do more than throw fastballs by people.

Miller is def ahead of Wacha by a good amount.

vCash
    Miller is definitely ahead of wacha but Wacha is moving up and progressing faster than Miller did in my opinion. Wacha has great stuff and he could be something special as well as miller.

I agree we have NEVER had a system this deep with quality talent.

vCash

vCash
    Oscar Taveras wound up batting .319/.385/.500 over 37 games in the Dominican Winter League.
    The Cardinals' prized outfield prospect homered four times and hit 12 doubles. Taveras is developing quickly into one of the top young sluggers in the game and should carry immediate fantasy value once he arrives in the major leagues. There's a slight chance the 20-year-old could open the 2013 season in St. Louis.

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    I think they only chance he opens in the season in. St.louis is if Beltran, Jay or Holliday have a significant injury (like several months or worse significant, not they will miss the first couple weeks kinda injury)

He still has issues to work on and he needs to play every day but I also think once he's on the roster he won't be coming off.

So either a significant injury to start the year or June, after hes gotten some more everday playing time to smooth rough edges. would be the earliest I think I could see otherwise

I have absolutely no doubt he's up this year for some playing time before its over. He can add something to the bench while getting some pretty regular playing time mixing in at all 3 outfield spots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I think they only chance he opens in the season in. St.louis is if Beltran, Jay or Holliday have a significant injury (like several months or worse significant, not they will miss the first couple weeks kinda injury)
    Agreed. And he would have to have a really strong ST as well. They don't want to start his clock sooner than necessary. That's why June or later is the most likely earliest start for him.

He still has issues to work on and he needs to play every day but I also think once he's on the roster he won't be coming off.
    Yup. I don't see a yo-yo affect for him.

I have a feeling that when he does come up, he might supplant Jay in center, even though he will be Beltran's permanent replacement in right after this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Agreed. And he would have to have a really strong ST as well. They don't want to start his clock sooner than necessary. That's why June or later is the most likely earliest start for him.

Yup. I don't see a yo-yo affect for him.

I have a feeling that when he does come up, he might supplant Jay in center, even though he will be Beltran's permanent replacement in right after this season.
    I think the overall goal will be get him time in LF/CF/RF but will eventually take the biggest chunk from Jay when its all said and done this season. I don't think that affects Jays future here. I think he will be the CF here for at least 3-4 more years after this year. Extremely productive for his price.

I do think it would be better though to take about 30 to 40 games off for Beltran this year though. Try to get him in the range of 120-135 game or so. Guy is getting to old and injury issued to play 151 games like last year. It really made him go through stretches with nagging injuries he was extremely ineffective

Something that would be extremely interesting is if Tavares plays very well in center, which would be he has to make some pretty decent improvements to be an everyday CF, similar to how Jay has progressed. But if he does a good enough job does the organization look at moving Craig to RF, Tavares to CF and keeping Adams at 1B?

Frankly I don't think so but an interesting situation for sure. I'd guess Jay stays in CF, Craig 1B, Tavares RF and Adams traded. But fun to think about haha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast