Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why are the Cards sitting on the bench????

No interest in Lester or Scherzer??? Quit being tight and sign one of these guys. They got the $. They havent made a big move in years. Do the honestly think this staff is going to have enough to make the World Series? This cheapness is ******** and getting old. Open the wallet Dewallet.

vCash
    To be fair... I think they will make every effort to resign Heyward.... And a Lynn extension is coming I hope.

With that said.... I really want them to get a SP... I don't care if it's a front or back of the rotation guy.... I just don't trust our depth so I want that to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    To be fair... I think they will make every effort to resign Heyward.... And a Lynn extension is coming I hope.

With that said.... I really want them to get a SP... I don't care if it's a front or back of the rotation guy.... I just don't trust our depth so I want that to happen
    Agreed. Screw scherzer and Lester. For what they are gonna get no thanks. That would financially handicap us.

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    I swear our section of the forum gets some of the dumbest damn threads

vCash

It's almost like we repeat the same **** everyday maybe the same people who keep bringing it up really are the same person with different logins to try and sway us to their beliefs

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash

It's almost like we repeat the same **** everyday maybe the same people who keep bringing it up really are the same person with different logins to try and sway us to their beliefs

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    I don't want either.

Such a waste of money and resources.

Consistently competitive. That's the motto.

You want them to start overpaying these guys and are complaining that we aren't spending....yet we are by far the model franchise in baseball.

Ever think it's because we avoid guys like this?

vCash
    Yeah no reason to throw that kinda money at a pitcher thats in his 30's. No thanks. Nice to see my AL team the White Sox making a few moves though. I don't think we need scherzer or lester. Like TK said try to sign Heyward long term and then sign Lynn long term as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I swear our section of the forum gets some of the dumbest damn threads
    Some of you are a freaking joke. Fit right in with this cheap *** management. Is it your $???? Again is it your damn $$$???? You honestly think this staff will hold up this year? A lot of question marks. And the time to win is NOW!!!
    Last edited by jayboek; 12-09-2014 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    Would I love to see Lester or Scherzer in St. Louis? Absolutely. However these guys are not only going to be horribly overpaid. They will be horribly overpaid for 6+ years. It would be nice to see a big FA or two come our way for once, however that's not how we do things.

Also like others have mentioned we have our own people to resign. Jason Heyward whom we just traded Shelby Miller to get, would really suck to see him just walk after 1 season. Also Lance Lynn just came off a good season.

vCash
    Also there has been some pretty big moves in the past few years. Trading for and retaining Matt Holliday, Signing Carlos Beltran. Resigning Adam Wainwright, Yadier Molina and Matt Carpenter. Of course most recently acquiring Jason Heyward. We've got a bunch of young ML ready guys like Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez, Marco Gonzales, Kolten Wong, Stephen Piscotty, Trevor Rosenthal, Matt Adams, and Randal Grichuk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    Some of you are a freaking joke. Fit right in with this cheap *** management. Is it your $???? Again is it your damn $$$???? You honestly think this staff will hold up this year? A lot of question marks. And the time to win is NOW!!!
    No. So I have as much right to tell how to spend it as you

So I have to ask. Is this your money????? Is this your damn money?????????

You sound like a fool

We are the model franchise on winning baseball. We've gone to 4 straight NLCS. We've gone to 2 World Series in that span. We've won 1.

How are we not winning now?

But what's this? We don't have any huge contracts choking us in the future like a 200 million dollar 30 year old who's bound to decline? We have a solid young core? One that with them and continued responsible spending will keep us competitive the next 10 years?

There's one joke here, this thread.

If you're so desperate to try to ruin a franchise with dumb moves there's tons of free fantasy baseball leagues all over

Or better yet, the show gives an excellent game play where you can sim the season, control free agency and sign all the expensive players you want. Please. Go there. Have fun. Run free with free agent spending!!!
    Last edited by Skippy15; 12-09-2014 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    Never answered my question all mighty skippy. Is it your $???? Are you the GM? Well stfu. Just b/c the same damn 5 posters on this site kiss your ***...i am not going to. This a message board. Its not skippys message board. Well do not respond to my idiotic posts then. Just b/c somebody does not have your opinion....oh their fools and idiots. That is the point of a message board there Skippy. You would not last in any other Cardinal forum besides this one.

vCash
    I clearly answered your question. The very first word of my post answered your question. The only one who has not answered said question is you. I also asked you if it was your money. You didn't answer. But thank you for proving you're illiterate as well as ignorant lol

Yes, I have a group of several guys here I get along with very well. I disagree with them all the time. It's not called "*** kissing". It's called respect. I talk to them as adults because they act as adults. I talk to you as a child because you have a child's view of the game and are a disrespectful poster who as soon as someone disagrees with you you call them idiots or other derogatory names. Do you get all the respect you deserve. None.

I never called you an idiot and never will. I called your thread idiotic. Because it is. You are not your thread. Everyone has idiotic ideas. Not everyone is an idiot. You stated nothing but false opinion. It might be hard for someone like you to believe but your opinion can be wrong. You say we haven't made big moves in years. We have signed Beltran, Peralta im free agency and re signed our own players like Wainwright and Molina to keep them from being free agents. These are as big as signing any free agent.

Fool- a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person. what your talking about is foolish

And as far as not making it in any other Cardinals forum for one I don't care. I only stay at this one because there's some good guys here worth chatting with. But outside that I didn't know we had the long safe haven of Cardinals forums. There must be some super hardcore internet badasses out there I wasn't aware of. I now fear badly for my life and will never try to cross cardinals nation in any forum outside this one for I fear for my survival

vCash
    Starting pitching isn't our weakness so I wouldn't want to commit a lot of money to bringing in a starting pitcher. All things being equal I'd like to have the best starting pitchers 1-5. I think committing that kind of money would be better in filling one of our bigger weaknesses.
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

16. 12-09-2014, 03:17 PM
    Reason
    baiting/homophobic post/trolling/quoting all of that crap (lflol)

17. 12-09-2014, 03:19 PM
    Reason

18. 12-09-2014, 03:26 PM
    Reason

19. 12-09-2014, 03:46 PM
    Reason

20. 12-09-2014, 03:50 PM
    Reason

21. 12-09-2014, 03:55 PM
    Reason

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast