Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nets Tickets Information - The Move to Brooklyn

Saw this comment on Netsdaily from guy in who made the NoSleepTillDeron twitter account:

My advice to anyone looking to buy tickets for Game 1
    1. Buy season tickets. Season tickets for good teams pay for themselves, believe it or not. You will not go to all 41 games. You can pay for season tickets monthly (12-month plan). It obviously depends on how many games you actually want to attend, but Iíve found that itís a decent investment.

2. If you can not afford/are unwilling to buy season tickets, I recommend that you seek a ticket broker. Most ticket brokers actually allow you to name your price, and if they cannot find you tickets at that price, you do not pay them. Meaning they do the work and you do not even have to bother paying them. However if they find the tickets, you pay a percentage fee (varies).

3. If you want to do it on your own, do not buy tickets right now. If you live in New Jersey or more than an hour away from the arena, you can buy tickets 1-2 weeks before at a decent price. I recommend vividseats.com for this. You can contact a rep and counteroffer anything on the website. Rep will contact the seller or arrange a three-way call with the seller and you can negotiate.

4. If you live within an hour of the arena ebay/stubhub. Stubhub can sell tickets up to an hour before game time. So the offers will drop significantly. If the tickets remain unsold, they go to auction (ebay) or craigslist. Craigslist has some scams, so be careful, however you can get a STEAL on Ebay or Craigslist as panicked sellers look to get something out of their tickets.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    take note... #4 is really the only accurate comment... #2 & #3 are ehhhh..... #1 is absolutely dumb at this point.... the market is absolutely flooded with Nets tickets of people trying to do this.. many amateurs.

I have 25 but only because I have prime seats.... if you are going to get uppers for this purpose... to sell... dont buy.

People forget, this arena has ZERO parking unless you hold PRIME seats... its gonna be a pain in the *** to get to.. one that will likely deter many people.... you will get stuck with tickets & likely lose $$
    - most PSD mods are morons -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    take note... #4 is really the only accurate comment... #2 & #3 are ehhhh..... #1 is absolutely dumb at this point.... the market is absolutely flooded with Nets tickets of people trying to do this.. many amateurs.

I have 25 but only because I have prime seats.... if you are going to get uppers for this purpose... to sell... dont buy.

People forget, this arena has ZERO parking unless you hold PRIME seats... its gonna be a pain in the *** to get to.. one that will likely deter many people.... you will get stuck with tickets & likely lose $$
    Does MSG have good parking? Does the theaters on Broadway have good parking? Is there good parking in the city? Anytime we went into the city we would take the train unless we were going to my Uncles house. The train might even be cheaper when you add up gas, tolls, and parking fees...plus you don't have to drive in the city...bonus! It almost seems to me you think people are not going to go to games due to parking.
    Ballin-

vCash
    Parking will not be an issue. Why drive when you can take the train for cheaper and not get a DUI

Props to MJ BULLS!

vCash
    the area around MSG is MUCH different then the area around the Barclay's center... its like apples to oranges. This is Brooklyn, not MSG which is right above Penn Station. Trust me on this one dude.... the limited parking and train situation is going to be a biach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    Does MSG have good parking? Does the theaters on Broadway have good parking? Is there good parking in the city? Anytime we went into the city we would take the train unless we were going to my Uncles house. The train might even be cheaper when you add up gas, tolls, and parking fees...plus you don't have to drive in the city...bonus! It almost seems to me you think people are not going to go to games due to parking.

vCash
    i hear you 100% on the DUI.. HOWEVER, i would be willing to bet that 85% of people that go to Knicks games drive in themselves and do not take mass transit. It will likely be the same in Brooklyn... people like to jump in their cars after a game and head home, not deal with BS crowds & trains at night. They are only going to have 541 spots there... and no one wants to take the LIRR.... check the article.... i know the area & the subway like the back of my hand... this is going to be 1 giant cluster ****

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-ne...rclays-center/

Quote Originally Posted by D-Block21-Chito View Post
    Parking will not be an issue. Why drive when you can take the train for cheaper and not get a DUI

vCash
    Yeah, I have to agree with the travel thing. The Nets are literally made for people who live here. For me, I can hop on the bus and take it downtown in about 20 minutes or take the train but If you are from Jersey. It's a bit of a complicated ride. You'll have to take the NJ transit to Newark then take the Path to World Trade Center then take the 2, 3, 4, 5 train to Atlantic. That's about an hour.

If you drive, the best case scenario would be to park in one of the few parking lots lower downtown Brooklyn but get there early. There isn't going to be many places to park at Atlantic Mall.

It is very different to MSG, behind MSG there is a parking lot. I don't think Barclay's will have one but I'm sure that will be addressed in a few years.

The biggest problem that I think Barclay's will present is the fact the arena is basically in the middle of the intersections and crossing the street around that area is notoriously dangerous as it is and mass people entering and leaving the arena will be worse and more prone to car accidents.

vCash
    the area around MSG is MUCH different then the area around the Barclay's center... its like apples to oranges. This is Brooklyn, not MSG which is right above Penn Station. Trust me on this one dude.... the limited parking and train situation is going to be a biach.
    It kind of is like MSG though. It's the biggest subway hub in Brooklyn. The LIRR stops directly across the street, and almost every subway line stops there or in within decent walking distance. And, new entrances will open up either directly into the arena or directly in front of it. In fact, I think it has MORE subway lines than MSG does. There are also bus lines across the street.

vCash
    yeah definitely train lines.. but MSG has bus & LIRR & Subways & NJ Direct lines there.... what I was referring to and wasnt clear is that MSG has parking.. and TONS of it around the garden in garages & lots... there aint that in Brooklyn.
    My point is its a *****.... people dont want to take busses, people hate the LIRR, and its not an easy commute which was more of my point... people really dont want the late night hassle with mass transit which its going to be in Brooklyn.. people want to drive their own cars, park & leave when game is over. Mass Transit is easy to say, but in reality how many people really want to deal with it... 1-2 hours or more to get home which may be double a drive time... its really not worth it for most.. a major detractor that I really think people are over looking. while you or I may do that, a majority of people want to take their own cars & park rather then deal with train & bus times and having to wait around if a game goes late etc. for the next ride....

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_Pete View Post
    It kind of is like MSG though. It's the biggest subway hub in Brooklyn. The LIRR stops directly across the street, and almost every subway line stops there or in within decent walking distance. And, new entrances will open up either directly into the arena or directly in front of it. In fact, I think it has MORE subway lines than MSG does. There are also bus lines across the street.

vCash
    tickets r getting cheaper n cheaper on stubhub

vCash
    yeah definitely train lines.. but MSG has bus & LIRR & Subways & NJ Direct lines there.... what I was referring to and wasnt clear is that MSG has parking.. and TONS of it around the garden in garages & lots... there aint that in Brooklyn.
    My point is its a *****.... people dont want to take busses, people hate the LIRR, and its not an easy commute which was more of my point... people really dont want the late night hassle with mass transit which its going to be in Brooklyn.. people want to drive their own cars, park & leave when game is over. Mass Transit is easy to say, but in reality how many people really want to deal with it... 1-2 hours or more to get home which may be double a drive time... its really not worth it for most.. a major detractor that I really think people are over looking. while you or I may do that, a majority of people want to take their own cars & park rather then deal with train & bus times and having to wait around if a game goes late etc. for the next ride....
    The only reason to hate the LIRR is that is takes you out to Long Island. In terms of it's convenience, it couldn't be better. You'll be able to access it directly from the arena and take it to your stop where your car is parked. It's actually a big pro for the arena in terms of its location. Plus, with drinking being permitted it's easy to ride out the buzz from the game.

I also remember hearing they would be adding more parking once the rest of the space is developed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with the travel thing. The Nets are literally made for people who live here. For me, I can hop on the bus and take it downtown in about 20 minutes or take the train but If you are from Jersey. It's a bit of a complicated ride. You'll have to take the NJ transit to Newark then take the Path to World Trade Center then take the 2, 3, 4, 5 train to Atlantic. That's about an hour.

If you drive, the best case scenario would be to park in one of the few parking lots lower downtown Brooklyn but get there early. There isn't going to be many places to park at Atlantic Mall.

It is very different to MSG, behind MSG there is a parking lot. I don't think Barclay's will have one but I'm sure that will be addressed in a few years.

The biggest problem that I think Barclay's will present is the fact the arena is basically in the middle of the intersections and crossing the street around that area is notoriously dangerous as it is and mass people entering and leaving the arena will be worse and more prone to car accidents.
    I was gonna say I really lucked out with the Nets move to Brooklyn. I live minutes from the 4 train, stops at Yankee stadium and goes to Atlantic Avenue.
    PSN: Shtack_Bundles
    2k14.

vCash
    every train pretty much stops at barclay! do not drive there...its a badddddddd idea

vCash
    OK Fellas...I'm going to come in from either the West or the South depending on whether I'm with my son or not. What 2 options would be best for an out of towner that will be staying overnight in the area? Both in terms of lodging and transportation to and from the arena. I'm not likely to be able to afford the big games but I'll be there at some point. I'm a snow birder.

vCash
    best advice is buy tickets now for games after the trade deadline and flip em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast