Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hockeybuzz!!!!!!

Even though I hardly ever follow the site. I did see that ek mentioned the rangers were talking to the sharks about moving a big piece. Even though I don't see anything happening, what do you guys think the move could be.

Also Carolina looks descent with the semin signing.

I am really hoping for Doan and another vet D man even though we just resigned stralman.

vCash
    Dan Boyle has been linked in trades with Montreal, I really have no idea how we'd fit his contract in but maybe him. Or it could be just Eklund looking for hits. My problem with the Semin signing is what happens if he scores 40+ goals this year, he's making 7 mill this year so does he get a raise from there?

vCash
    Doubt he gets a raise.... more likely a multi year deal.

vCash
    Im going to say that Eklund is going off of Buccigross tweet that the Rangers almost traded Gaborik for Boyle. Or is he going to speculate that since Joe Thorton is friends with Nash that he could be coming here, forgetting about last years "there a soft team comment, followed by Torts "What has he ever won in this league."

IMO, other then Doan, I don't expect anything else. Stralman is resigned as pointed out, so once MDZ is resigned thats 6 dman and 12 forwards to start the season. Not counting Gaborik, Sauer, Mcilrath. Haley may not even make the squad out of camp if Torts is impressed by one of the kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Im going to say that Eklund is going off of Buccigross tweet that the Rangers almost traded Gaborik for Boyle. Or is he going to speculate that since Joe Thorton is friends with Nash that he could be coming here, forgetting about last years "there a soft team comment, followed by Torts "What has he ever won in this league."

IMO, other then Doan, I don't expect anything else. Stralman is resigned as pointed out, so once MDZ is resigned thats 6 dman and 12 forwards to start the season. Not counting Gaborik, Sauer, Mcilrath. Haley may not even make the squad out of camp if Torts is impressed by one of the kids.
    I agree, I def think we're done making moves at this point. Doan would be great on a 2 year deal, but if it didn't happen by now I don't think it will happen at all.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the moves we've made and look forward to next season. I'm going to miss Prust and Dubi, but we've got Nash!!! Also pulling for Pyatt to produce on the 4th line

vCash
    MJL80, the only way I see them adding Doan is if its short term like many have agreed on. If they dont land Doan, I dont see them going after any remaining forwards or trading for one. Im not sure what dmen are left, but the only thing theyd be interested in is a bottom pair dman so Torts has his 7 which he likes.

Im extremely happy with the moves this summer. Ill miss the guys that are gone but having Nash will ease the pain. LOL.

vCash
    Don't listen to Eklund.

vCash
    It feels like the longer the Doan thing drags on the better the chances of him landing in NY. The team has the cap space, they already made their pitch, they landed Nash, and he would fit the system rather seamlessly so IMO its a pretty nice set up for Doan. He very well could be the piece that puts the team over the top.

On paper it would seem like NY would be a great set-up for him so why not sign a two year deal? He'll be 37 at the end and still a productive player with some years left in him. Its not like this would be his last hoorah, and at this point getting the most money is not what he' seems to be all about.

I dunno, seems like it just makes too much sense...