Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Weber Signs 14 year offer sheet from Philly

I'm sure a link will become available soon but I'm told this is for real, as unbelievable as it seems.

vCash
    Here's the story from TSN
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400969

vCash
    Nashville will match in a heartbeat. If Philly wants to get Weber that badly, they are going to have to trade Coburn/Schenn or possibly both.

vCash
    Uh oh

vCash
    Preds have to match it, for the lack of compensation going back. The question is do they trade him to Flyers or someone else. Leave it to Holmgrem to make it interesting in thr slow time.

vCash
    Im not so sure they match it but i hope they do

vCash
    They'll match it. They can't afford to lose Weber, Suter, and Radulov in the same year.

vCash
    If the Predators do not decide to match, or do not acknowledge the offer sheet within the 7 day window, Weber would be a Flyer. The Flyers would then likely owe 4 first round draft picks in consecutive years to Nashville, depending on his actual total dollar figure. If the Predators do decide to match Weber's offer from the Flyers, they would be locked in at the exact same term and dollar amount, with the inability to trade him for an entire calendar year.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...#ixzz214SdwAnG
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

vCash
    Rangers are missing the train once again! According to TSN, Weber signed for $110 million. Don't think Preds will match that. So............. we missed out on Schultz and Weber. With Gaborik out until December, they will need some offense. They need to get with the program here and start dealing for Nash. If we don't deal for Nash, I don't have high hopes for this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRFan76 View Post
    Rangers are missing the train once again! According to TSN, Weber signed for $110 million. Don't think Preds will match that. So............. we missed out on Schultz and Weber. With Gaborik out until December, they will need some offense. They need to get with the program here and start dealing for Nash. If we don't deal for Nash, I don't have high hopes for this season.
    Nashville will be matching it if you asked me. Can't see them losing Weber, Suter and Radulov in the same year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRFan76 View Post
    We arent missing the train....Schultz didnt want to play in NY as a matter of fact he was dead set on playing in Canada from what i read. Weber is not a flyer yet and one player wont change how that team plays d and its not going to help that headcase of a goalie they have. yes we need to make a move but not overpay for it as well

vCash
    "Nashville Predators said in a statement they intend to match an offer sheet captain Shea Weber has signed with Philadelphia.

Nashville has seven days to match Philadelphia's offer or it would lose Weber, a three-time All-Star.

In a statement, Nashville Predators general manager David Poile said:

"We are in receipt of the offer sheet signed between the Philadelphia Flyers and Shea Weber. Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, the Predators have one week to decide whether to match or accept the compensation.

"We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea. Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team.

"Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term.""

vCash
    NYR2002nyr, IF Nashville doesn't match, IMO the Flyers are going to be a major threat for the next 2 years. Bryzgalof my have been awful, at the start of the season, but once he adjusted to the Flyers system and the system was tweaked to defend similar to the Yotes style he put up good numbers. Then he chipped a bone in his foot. Add in the Flyers loss of Pronger for basically all season.

Now adding Schenn and Weber, they have addressed to their weakness. We have agreed that Weber doesn't solve our needs so it could also mean another team that should be out of Nash.

I said 2 years in the beginning because at the end of 2 seasons, Giroux, Couturier, Read, B Schenn all become RFA's and I wouldn't be suprised for someone to return the favor to Paul Holmgrem.

Has Poile learned his lesson from losing Scott Stevens to an offer sheet? Time will tell.

vCash
    This will all come down to signing bonus' and pay-out in the first 2 years. Someone said something about 26 Mill the first year, whether thats accurate or not anything in that neighborhood will give Nash. ownership something to think about. Good move by Philly and their Comcast ownership, lets see if Nash. can/will match that....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    NYR2002nyr, IF Nashville doesn't match, IMO the Flyers are going to be a major threat for the next 2 years. Bryzgalof my have been awful, at the start of the season, but once he adjusted to the Flyers system and the system was tweaked to defend similar to the Yotes style he put up good numbers. Then he chipped a bone in his foot. Add in the Flyers loss of Pronger for basically all season.

Now adding Schenn and Weber, they have addressed to their weakness. We have agreed that Weber doesn't solve our needs so it could also mean another team that should be out of Nash.

I said 2 years in the beginning because at the end of 2 seasons, Giroux, Couturier, Read, B Schenn all become RFA's and I wouldn't be suprised for someone to return the favor to Paul Holmgrem.

Has Poile learned his lesson from losing Scott Stevens to an offer sheet? Time will tell.
    Ok Pronger is a shell of what he once was and is almost immobile on the ice and not really sure he will ever be the same after the concussion.

One player to me doesnt change the whole lack of TEAM d on the flyers and Bryzgalof had a decent stretch where he was good but he is a headcase IMO and playoffs proved it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast