Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    O'Reilly is a proven player putting up points in the NHL...Kadri was drafted top 10 in the same draft...who would you rather have out of the two...I'd be upset if the 1st round compensation pick for signing O'Reilly was a top 5 pick, but if it was in the teens I would be more than ok with that.
    I said earlier that if it wasn't as deep a draft like this year, i would pull the trigger on an O'Reilly deal. But it's not.

If you read up on some of the centres in this draft, very few top picks will be moved from their current positions because so many of them are very gifted 2-way players.

Also Sasha Barkov played in a mens league oveaseas and put up an insane 67% faceoff win rate and he was a +25, and he was only 15 years of age. We also love the detriot red wings scouting and drafting past... well this kids comparable has been Datsyuk for a while, far fetched but he is very good. He is projected to be a top-5 pick but we could be in the mix for him unfortunately.

Seriously the # of two-way centres next year is more then the this year and the year Kadri was drafted. Dream 2013 draft would be Barkov/Monahan but i'd be just as happy with Domi.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I misread that chart, i think i meant to say 4.7M+. I went back on wiki and i think that chart is wrong and may need to be.

regardless though i don't like giving up a lottery pick.

Barkov
    Monahan
    Duclair

are all well rounded centres that will go in the 3-10 range, granted they may switch positions but all are very solid two-way centremen. Duclair is a small guy ( i think smaller then grigs) but the hockey news seems to see a little of RNH in him.

Even if we don't get a top-10 pick, Max Domi who will likely go around 15 would be an instant hit here and i bet if burke gets a chance he will take him. I would still take Domi over O'Reilly if it were straight up. Domi is chippy and a playmaker with great vison and good speed, he's smaller then i think ppl would like but i think aquiring Domi> O'Reilly both on the ice and off the ice (marketing and stuff).

To your point, Burke could trade peices to get another 15-ish pick but i dont want to give away the chance to get Monahan or Barkov. Both bring what O'Reilly does but they both have ELITE offensive ability.
    Yes, because Burke loves players that can barely make it onto all the roller coasters at Wondeland because of height restrictions

vCash
    I said earlier that if it wasn't as deep a draft like this year, i would pull the trigger on an O'Reilly deal. But it's not.

If you read up on some of the centres in this draft, very few top picks will be moved from their current positions because so many of them are very gifted 2-way players.

Also Sasha Barkov played in a mens league oveaseas and put up an insane 67% faceoff win rate and he was a +25, and he was only 15 years of age. We also love the detriot red wings scouting and drafting past... well this kids comparable has been Datsyuk for a while, far fetched but he is very good. He is projected to be a top-5 pick but we could be in the mix for him unfortunately.

Seriously the # of two-way centres next year is more then the this year and the year Kadri was drafted. Dream 2013 draft would be Barkov/Monahan but i'd be just as happy with Domi.
    Dream draft 2013 - Nathan MacKinnon...I'm not sold on Max Domi...I've saw him play live about 10 times last year and he didn't impress me like I expected him to...he's small and will get pushed off the puck a lot at the NHL level...he reminds me a bit of a recent Leaf draft pick Nazem Kadri
    Last edited by Lavy16; 08-14-2012 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    Yes, because Burke loves players that can barely make it onto all the roller coasters at Wondeland because of height restrictions
    I guess right? i mean two of his picks this year were smaller then Domi so that must be a fetish he has. And the leafs first 3 picks are barely bigger then Domi, who are all a year older then Max. None have the grit that Domi does

Despite what you think about Burke skill takes precedence over size.

Ahhh you were joking again, i see.

I like Domi personally, only seen a few games but i read he worked under Dale Hunter for a while in London and i like him as a coach. He speaks highly of Domi.

vCash
    Dream draft 2013 - Nathan MacKinnon...I'm not sold on Max Domi...I've saw him play live about 10 times last year and he didn't impress me like I expected him to...he's small and will get pushed off the puck a lot at the NHL level...he reminds me a bit of a recent Leaf draft pick Nazem Kadri
    The games i saw he was throwing his body around a bit. I did see him struggle in front of the net but other than that i liked what i saw. Small sample size but he's a top-15 pick on most early mocks i've seen.

Also MacKinnon would be everyones dream draft, but Domi, hell even Monahan or Barkov are more likely. I hope CBJ gets Luongo, and NJD doesn't completely crumble... then we are in business
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    You thinking the Leafs will be dropping top 5 next year?

vCash
    I want the next subban next yr...think of the rivalry

vCash
    You thinking the Leafs will be dropping top 5 next year?
    It's possible, every team has a shot at the top-5 this time of year. It just happens that the Leafs have a better shot at it then others.

vCash
    It's possible, every team has a shot at the top-5 this time of year. It just happens that the Leafs have a better shot at it then others.
    I honestly thought Burke would address the glaring needs in net and first line center by now. He's had 4 years to resolve it and still hasn't done anything. It' sad that other teams have better backup goalies than the Leafs starters from last year. I still think the Leafs are 2 more good drafts away from being a competitive team

vCash
    I honestly thought Burke would address the glaring needs in net and first line center by now. He's had 4 years to resolve it and still hasn't done anything. It' sad that other teams have better backup goalies than the Leafs starters from last year. I still think the Leafs are 2 more good drafts away from being a competitive team
    Exactly why i think trading this years pick is a mistake. If we are going to hit on any draft pick in the next few years i think it will be this draft.

The CBA is holding things up now, i'll wait to judge burke offseason if and when that is resolved.

Everything hangs on Reimer, i don't think he is "the guy" but i hope he proves me wrong

vCash
    Exactly why i think trading this years pick is a mistake. If we are going to hit on any draft pick in the next few years i think it will be this draft.

The CBA is holding things up now, i'll wait to judge burke offseason if and when that is resolved.

Everything hangs on Reimer, i don't think he is "the guy" but i hope he proves me wrong
    I'm surprised Burke hasn't tried the quick fix by acquiring O'Reilly and Bobby Luo...I think those 2 moves would make the Leafs a playoff team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    I want the next subban next yr...think of the rivalry
    I'm more than down for that lol
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    I am down for Subban.

Alright Lavy continue living in your fantasy land with being dead set on Toronto getting O'Reilly lol you're gonna look mega ******** in few weeks when Colorado signs him to an extension.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    But as for Luongo I am still good for the Leafs going after him.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I am down for Subban.

Alright Lavy continue living in your fantasy land with being dead set on Toronto getting O'Reilly lol you're gonna look mega ******** in few weeks when Colorado signs him to an extension.
    Why, because I think he's the best player available that would help the Leafs out in a big way next year? I made a suggestion that Burke puts an offer in on him...if you think I'm retareded for suggesting that Burke tries to make the Leafs better, I'd hate to know what you think of Burke who hasn't done anything this summer.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast