Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Burkes moves or the lack of....

It's getting to the point that it seems if we want anything worthwhile done with the Leafs , it would seem that we would have to wait until they kick Burkie out of office.

Most of us Leaf fans couldn't wait to get Burkie here and see what he would do to turn this team around and get us back in the playoffs , but right now he seems more and more like JFJ everyday.

What has happened to him , he was played up like the second coming and has done nothing to really get us anywhere close to the cup.

Even when we've sucked we've had no rejoicing as most losing teams do with the thought of a first round choice to bring us out of the netherlands ,, hmm i guess we traded those away so that we can pick up some bodies now that can help us right away to get into the playoffs ,,,aak,, it seemed so much better even in the Ballard years than now in the Burkie years ,, if they miss out on the playoffs this year , the can better be tied to Burkie's ***.
    Last edited by Gordow; 07-26-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    The only thing comparable in the Burke era to the Ballard era is the lack of success on the ice. Other than that it's a competely different situation. Harrold Ballard was an absolute nut bar with his own vengful agenda. He let his personal conflicts with people affect what happened on the ice. He ran some of the most talented players this franchise has ever had out of this city.

I'm not a Burke fan, but outside of the on ice product it's not even comparable. People that didn't see much of that era don't get that.

vCash
    Anyone see the dark knight rises? ****ing epic

vCash
    Burke is not comparable whatsoever to Ballard or JFJ. Do some of you think before you get on your soap box and rant garbage that's full of awful spelling and punctuation? As hard as it is to stick up for Burke, it's a hell of a lot harder to stick up for our fanbase.

vCash
    I can painstakingly read my way around spelling and punctuation. It's the content that's awful.

vCash
    Complain complain complain....thats all i read...this i stopped after the first sentence....ppl think its so easy to make a trade in todays nhl....teams have to want what your offering...and who knows what burke is offering...for all we know he will make a deal ..that **** takes time.Its not like harry potter where you wave a wand and **** falls from the sky

vCash
    I have backed Burke since he came here. I loved the Komi signing, when it happened....... not so much now. But Burke tried. i LIKED the Beauch signing, then he turnd it into Gardiner and Lups. I didnt like the Conolly signing, at all. But he got the 2nd best talent at centre, on the open FA market.
    We have approx 10 mil in cap space - be thankful Burke hasnt signed anyone for 7 mil per a season. FA is turning out to be a joke. Semin for 7..... what? Now Doan will sign for around the same...... the free agent signing period is a joke. Burke is doing a great job this summer, for not over paying.
    I love the JVR trade. Schenn was getting 12 mins a game, being paid 3.5 - no thanks. JVR was buried in Philly. He'll shine here!
    Burke will make a couple more moves, just relax till then. This is the summer of Burke. Hes gone if he doesnt do something.....
    Our God is able

vCash
    Yeah sometimes it takes weeks somestimes months...how long did it take the kessel deal to get done?? I think 3 months almost

vCash
    the kaberle deal took years lol.

vCash
    True lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Complain complain complain....thats all i read...this i stopped after the first sentence....ppl think its so easy to make a trade in todays nhl....teams have to want what your offering...and who knows what burke is offering...for all we know he will make a deal ..that **** takes time.Its not like harry potter where you wave a wand and **** falls from the sky
    Oh theres been plenty of **** falling from the sky in Leaf land. There are 2 types of people in here. Ones that are fed up with the outlook of the Leafs. And the ones who have blinders on to our current situation. I guess we know which categorie you're in.

vCash
    Im talking about how long a trade takes and you say i have blinders on soorry what?? I hear BC bud is good but right now i wish i actually smoked it because your post has nothing to do with what im talking about ..but thank you sir and goodnight

vCash
    For the record I was rippin the OP for his comparison of Burke to the Ballard era because it was one of the dumbest things I've heard. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how I stand with Burke. I am in no way I fan of him.

vCash
    Once there is a new Max length contract of 5 years in the cba...that's when you will see us make moves to sign and over pay it's what you all want.

Burke is doing a good job....might not be great now but it will be...it's taking a long *** time but we will get there
    Last edited by savio vega; 07-27-2012 at 06:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savio vega View Post
    Once there is a new Max length contract of 5 years in the cba...that's when you will see us make moves to sign and over pay it's what you all want.

Burke is doing a good job....might not be great now but it will be...it's taking a long *** time but we will get there
    Wake me when we are getting close. Semin signed a 1 year deal. I will tell you what is going to happen with Semin. He will either play great and the Canes will have the 1st shot at locking him up long term or he will score 25 goals with 30a and the Canes will trade him at the deadline for a 1st plus prospects. Burke needs to wake the **** up.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast