Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Ew. Seriously, what the ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    the flyers went with hartnell. 6 year deal i think is a little to long for him at his age

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Ew. Seriously, what the ****

the guy is 30 years old. how old do you think he is?

honestly it's a great deal. they definitely got him on the cheap. he could have gotten between $5 - $5.5 mil pretty easily on the open market.

vCash
    I like the money...not necessarily the years. Even if his performance regresses quite a bit the money is fine, but I think it's a fair question to ask why 6 years? Will be still be playing at a relatively high level in 6 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I like the money...not necessarily the years. Even if his performance regresses quite a bit the money is fine, but I think it's a fair question to ask why 6 years? Will be still be playing at a relatively high level in 6 years?

i think for 3-4 years out of that contract you're gonna get bang for your buck.

it's worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

honestly it's a great deal. they definitely got him on the cheap. he could have gotten between $5 - $5.5 mil pretty easily on the open market.
    i know he is 30 and he will be 31 in april, meaning he will be a 37 when his contract expires and the way he plays i dont see him being effective in 4 or 5 years. he takes a beating and doesnt miss any games it will add up

i love hartnell though and just though a 3-4 year deal would of been better but it makes sense to go 6 years because because of the cap hit NOW but it will suck in 5 years.

vCash

Power Forwards usually start breaking down in their early to mid thirties, and Rarely are effective into thier late thirties. Only pluses to this contract is it is not an over 35 deal and if he retires it wont count against the cap, and the cap hit is reasonable. Hate the years and NMC.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Power Forwards usually start breaking down in their early to mid thirties, and Rarely are effective into thier late thirties. Only pluses to this contract is it is not an over 35 deal and if he retires it wont count against the cap, and the cap hit is reasonable. Hate the years and NMC.
    so since when did 36 become late 30's?

regardless, this is a fantastic deal. the cap hit is perfect, and the NMC only takes effect late in the contract, so if they feel they need to move him early, they can.

he's taken a leadership role on this team; he's durable; he's a prototypical Flyer. he took less money for more years. i see nothing wrong with this deal.

after all the big signing then trading the Flyers have been doing, i like the fact that they are taking care of their own this off-season.

vCash
    Was the NMC clause added because he gave the team a discount on salary? If he can produce up until 35....I'd be happy...after that stick him on the third or fourth line....almost the way the Capitals did to Mike Knuble....

vCash
    Hartnell at $4.75 is a steal. Great job Homer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Was the NMC clause added because he gave the team a discount on salary? If he can produce up until 35....I'd be happy...after that stick him on the third or fourth line....almost the way the Capitals did to Mike Knuble....
    Yes, the NMC and extra years is most likely the reason his cap hit is so low. He did not take a lower salary to give a "hometeam discount" as many are saying. He is giving up extra salary now to be signed for a few extra years, and have the security that he has a NMC.

And there is no guarentee that he would see this kind of money in the new CBA. If the cap is reduced, then teams might not be willing to spend as much.

Regardless, this deal is good for the flyers now and for the next 2-3 years, then depending on how Hartnell's career progresses it could turn into a nasty burden they cant get rid of. Only time will tell.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Yes, the NMC and extra years is most likely the reason his cap hit is so low. He did not take a lower salary to give a "hometeam discount" as many are saying. He is giving up extra salary now to be signed for a few extra years, and have the security that he has a NMC.

And there is no guarentee that he would see this kind of money in the new CBA. If the cap is reduced, then teams might not be willing to spend as much.

Regardless, this deal is good for the flyers now and for the next 2-3 years, then depending on how Hartnell's career progresses it could turn into a nasty burden they cant get rid of. Only time will tell.
    i think you're overreacting. this isn't danny b's contract. it's $4.75 mil, not $6.5 mil.

it's a good deal.

vCash
    i think you're overreacting. this isn't danny b's contract. it's $4.75 mil, not $6.5 mil.

it's a good deal.
    I think your misunderstanding me. I like the money part of it. I just hate NMC's and NTC's in general, nothing to do with Hartnell. And I am cautious of the years, but for now the money is more then right. I happy for now... I might not be in 3 years, but for now, good job Homer...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234