Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I would take Hartnell....I like Perry....I like his scoring prowess and speed....Hartnell does everything that his line needs him to do....hit, get in front of the net, battle along the boards....and stick up for Giroux and whoever the 3rd linemate will be....Perry doesn't seem to be that kind of player....but like alot of people I only get to see what shows on NHL Network....

If Hartnell can't reproduce what happened last season, maybe they should look in a different direction....but they'd have to find someone who has chemistry with G.

vCash
    damn late to the convo...but yeah give me harts..

locker-room how he brings players together. how he brings the community together...

sorry theres somethings that players have that other players dont.

Being a FLYERS player theres more then just lacing up those skates and going out there and getting assists and scoring goals.

That makes this decision very easy

vCash
    Now perhaps Danny b is moved next season.....someone or someway.....then give me both

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    I would take Hartnell....I like Perry....I like his scoring prowess and speed....Hartnell does everything that his line needs him to do....hit, get in front of the net, battle along the boards....and stick up for Giroux and whoever the 3rd linemate will be....Perry doesn't seem to be that kind of player....but like alot of people I only get to see what shows on NHL Network....

If Hartnell can't reproduce what happened last season, maybe they should look in a different direction....but they'd have to find someone who has chemistry with G.
    Uh, Corey Perry does do that.

vCash
    Sorry to say, as much as I love Hartnell. Perry is all around a much better player. I think the only argument for Hartnell is the chemistry he has with G and the locker room presence he has. As far as skill, I dont think its close.

If we do add Perry over Hartnell, once he and G play together and Perry scores 45-50 goals, unfortunatley Hartnell will be an after thought, especially when he is making 5.5 million scoring 20 goals. example Villie Leino (did anyone miss him last season), he got tourched by the fans and media in Buffalo

vCash
    Why don't we get rid of Danny b and then resign Hartnell and sign perry too?

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    I am with you on unloading Danny B, but he has a no movement clause, loves it here, fathers 3 kids. He wont be getting moved because he wont agree to it. like it or not Danny B, is here for 3 more seasons. Usually history shows, after a down year he bounces back with a good one. Of course in the playoffs he plays out of his mind!!!!!!!!

To your point of Harts and Perry. DO we really need Perry, Hartnell and Simmonds, all PF, that play similar styles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    I am with you on unloading Danny B, but he has a no movement clause, loves it here, fathers 3 kids. He wont be getting moved because he wont agree to it. like it or not Danny B, is here for 3 more seasons. Usually history shows, after a down year he bounces back with a good one. Of course in the playoffs he plays out of his mind!!!!!!!!

To your point of Harts and Perry. DO we really need Perry, Hartnell and Simmonds, all PF, that play similar styles

hartnell and simmonds have never scored 50 goals in a season.

besides it would be perry OR hartnell. can't afford both.

vCash
    Hartnel 37 Giroux 28 - 65 Ryan (31)
    Simmonds 28 Getzlaf 11 -(46) Perry (37)
    Read 24 Briere 16 - (33) Vorachek (18)
    Fedotenko Talbot Wellwood/Rinaldo

Timo Mez
    Coburn Grossman
    Bourdon guff/Gervais/Lilja

Did someone really say they wouldnt do that trade???? Can I get a puff?

Look at the top three lines here??? Better than any in the league...

Notice a trend - red assists black goals

THree great set up men down the middle and 175 goals from the wingers. thats excluding the checking line but why would you need defense at this point?

Those top 3 lines would account for 88% of the goals we scored as a team last yr

That is a dream trade and would never happen but anyone who says they wouldnt do it is lying to themselves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedorange View Post
    Hartnel 37 Giroux 28 - 65 Ryan (31)
    Simmonds 28 Getzlaf 11 -(46) Perry (37)
    Read 24 Briere 16 - (33) Vorachek (18)
    Fedotenko Talbot Wellwood/Rinaldo

Timo Mez
    Coburn Grossman
    Bourdon guff/Gervais/Lilja

Did someone really say they wouldnt do that trade???? Can I get a puff?

Look at the top three lines here??? Better than any in the league...

Notice a trend - red assists black goals

THree great set up men down the middle and 175 goals from the wingers. thats excluding the checking line but why would you need defense at this point?

Those top 3 lines would account for 88% of the goals we scored as a team last yr

That is a dream trade and would never happen but anyone who says they wouldnt do it is lying to themselves

i guess you're not aware of the age-old saying that defense wins championships.

it doesn't matter if you have the highest scoring team in the history of the league. if your team can't play defense, you can't win.

regardless, those salaries don't match up. there's no way we can take on all 3 of those players and afford to keep them for more than 1 year.

this isn't NHL 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i guess you're not aware of the age-old saying that defense wins championships.

it doesn't matter if you have the highest scoring team in the history of the league. if your team can't play defense, you can't win.

regardless, those salaries don't match up. there's no way we can take on all 3 of those players and afford to keep them for more than 1 year.

this isn't NHL 12.
    You're right.....IT'S NHL 13 BABY!!!!! WOOO!!

vCash
    Hartnell, he knows the system and he knows Giroux. Where he'll be, what he's going to do.

vCash

Hartnell blows compared to Perry.

Get real. Getzlaf hasn't been good in a 2 years. Perry is playing with nobody. Put him with Giroux and he's 50-50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Get real. Getzlaf hasn't been good in a 2 years. Perry is playing with nobody. Put him with Giroux and he's 50-50.
    i bleed flyers orange and black ... and you are 100% correct ... i dont get some fans sometimes ... i laugh when i even see the title of the thread, it really isn't even close

vCash
    the flyers went with hartnell. 6 year deal i think is a little to long for him at his age

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast