Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    991
    vCash
    1500
    I would take Hartnell....I like Perry....I like his scoring prowess and speed....Hartnell does everything that his line needs him to do....hit, get in front of the net, battle along the boards....and stick up for Giroux and whoever the 3rd linemate will be....Perry doesn't seem to be that kind of player....but like alot of people I only get to see what shows on NHL Network....

    If Hartnell can't reproduce what happened last season, maybe they should look in a different direction....but they'd have to find someone who has chemistry with G.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    damn late to the convo...but yeah give me harts..

    locker-room how he brings players together. how he brings the community together...

    sorry theres somethings that players have that other players dont.

    Being a FLYERS player theres more then just lacing up those skates and going out there and getting assists and scoring goals.

    That makes this decision very easy

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    Now perhaps Danny b is moved next season.....someone or someway.....then give me both


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    I would take Hartnell....I like Perry....I like his scoring prowess and speed....Hartnell does everything that his line needs him to do....hit, get in front of the net, battle along the boards....and stick up for Giroux and whoever the 3rd linemate will be....Perry doesn't seem to be that kind of player....but like alot of people I only get to see what shows on NHL Network....

    If Hartnell can't reproduce what happened last season, maybe they should look in a different direction....but they'd have to find someone who has chemistry with G.
    Uh, Corey Perry does do that.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    515
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry to say, as much as I love Hartnell. Perry is all around a much better player. I think the only argument for Hartnell is the chemistry he has with G and the locker room presence he has. As far as skill, I dont think its close.

    If we do add Perry over Hartnell, once he and G play together and Perry scores 45-50 goals, unfortunatley Hartnell will be an after thought, especially when he is making 5.5 million scoring 20 goals. example Villie Leino (did anyone miss him last season), he got tourched by the fans and media in Buffalo

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't we get rid of Danny b and then resign Hartnell and sign perry too?


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    515
    vCash
    1500
    I am with you on unloading Danny B, but he has a no movement clause, loves it here, fathers 3 kids. He wont be getting moved because he wont agree to it. like it or not Danny B, is here for 3 more seasons. Usually history shows, after a down year he bounces back with a good one. Of course in the playoffs he plays out of his mind!!!!!!!!

    To your point of Harts and Perry. DO we really need Perry, Hartnell and Simmonds, all PF, that play similar styles

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    I am with you on unloading Danny B, but he has a no movement clause, loves it here, fathers 3 kids. He wont be getting moved because he wont agree to it. like it or not Danny B, is here for 3 more seasons. Usually history shows, after a down year he bounces back with a good one. Of course in the playoffs he plays out of his mind!!!!!!!!

    To your point of Harts and Perry. DO we really need Perry, Hartnell and Simmonds, all PF, that play similar styles

    hartnell and simmonds have never scored 50 goals in a season.


    besides it would be perry OR hartnell. can't afford both.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Hartnel 37 Giroux 28 - 65 Ryan (31)
    Simmonds 28 Getzlaf 11 -(46) Perry (37)
    Read 24 Briere 16 - (33) Vorachek (18)
    Fedotenko Talbot Wellwood/Rinaldo

    Timo Mez
    Coburn Grossman
    Bourdon guff/Gervais/Lilja

    Did someone really say they wouldnt do that trade???? Can I get a puff?

    Look at the top three lines here??? Better than any in the league...

    Notice a trend - red assists black goals

    THree great set up men down the middle and 175 goals from the wingers. thats excluding the checking line but why would you need defense at this point?

    Those top 3 lines would account for 88% of the goals we scored as a team last yr

    That is a dream trade and would never happen but anyone who says they wouldnt do it is lying to themselves

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedorange View Post
    Hartnel 37 Giroux 28 - 65 Ryan (31)
    Simmonds 28 Getzlaf 11 -(46) Perry (37)
    Read 24 Briere 16 - (33) Vorachek (18)
    Fedotenko Talbot Wellwood/Rinaldo

    Timo Mez
    Coburn Grossman
    Bourdon guff/Gervais/Lilja

    Did someone really say they wouldnt do that trade???? Can I get a puff?

    Look at the top three lines here??? Better than any in the league...

    Notice a trend - red assists black goals

    THree great set up men down the middle and 175 goals from the wingers. thats excluding the checking line but why would you need defense at this point?

    Those top 3 lines would account for 88% of the goals we scored as a team last yr

    That is a dream trade and would never happen but anyone who says they wouldnt do it is lying to themselves


    i guess you're not aware of the age-old saying that defense wins championships.


    it doesn't matter if you have the highest scoring team in the history of the league. if your team can't play defense, you can't win.


    regardless, those salaries don't match up. there's no way we can take on all 3 of those players and afford to keep them for more than 1 year.


    this isn't NHL 12.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,953
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i guess you're not aware of the age-old saying that defense wins championships.


    it doesn't matter if you have the highest scoring team in the history of the league. if your team can't play defense, you can't win.


    regardless, those salaries don't match up. there's no way we can take on all 3 of those players and afford to keep them for more than 1 year.


    this isn't NHL 12.
    You're right.....IT'S NHL 13 BABY!!!!! WOOO!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,308
    vCash
    1500
    Hartnell, he knows the system and he knows Giroux. Where he'll be, what he's going to do.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500

    Hartnell blows compared to Perry.

    Get real. Getzlaf hasn't been good in a 2 years. Perry is playing with nobody. Put him with Giroux and he's 50-50.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Get real. Getzlaf hasn't been good in a 2 years. Perry is playing with nobody. Put him with Giroux and he's 50-50.
    i bleed flyers orange and black ... and you are 100% correct ... i dont get some fans sometimes ... i laugh when i even see the title of the thread, it really isn't even close

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,297
    vCash
    1500
    the flyers went with hartnell. 6 year deal i think is a little to long for him at his age

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •