Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I think a lot of people discredit the atmosphere that Harts brings to the locker room. From everything I can tell, he is a great player to have and apparent best friends to G. I'd love to have Perry but Harts might be the cornerstone of this club.

vCash

What would you give up for Getzlaf + Ryan + Perry?

I posted this this morning...no response...any thoughts?

Would you trade:

Coots + the Schenn Brothers + Laughton + two first round picks

FOR

Getzlaf + Ryan + Perry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbiz View Post

Would you trade:

FOR

Getzlaf + Ryan + Perry

i wouldn't trade couturier + schenn brothers for Getzalf Ryan and Perry ... let alone the package above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    I think a lot of people discredit the atmosphere that Harts brings to the locker room. From everything I can tell, he is a great player to have and apparent best friends to G. I'd love to have Perry but Harts might be the cornerstone of this club.
    when that is a players best contribution to the team ... you have to question how much is that worth since it is a salary cap league ...

hartnell is probably amazing in the lockerroom - he is funny and is a joy to watch ... but 5 million dollars is a lot for what he offers

vCash

Would you trade:

FOR

Getzlaf + Ryan + Perry
    no.

couturier to me is the future number 2 center men behind giroux......he is the brind'amour to lindros. the francis to lemieux.

take coots out and add read or vorachek and i am game.

vCash
    No to the trade, because we wont beable to sign Perry and Getzlaf.

As far as signing Perry over Hartnell. To me it is a no brainer. Perry is a superstar PF, Hartnell is good, but not a superstar. Dont get me wrong I love Hartnell. If both players hit FA they will be offered at least 5 yrs.

Hartnell- 5yr 25 million or Perry- 5yr 30-35 million, I will take Perry

Scoring Goals- Perry

Skating- Perry

Physical game- Small edge Hartnell

2 way Forward- Perry

overall skill set- Perry

At 28 Perry is in the Prime of his career, with a cup, mvp, scoring title all under his belt. With Giroux as his Center, and Vorachek speed and passing ability Perry will be Leclair of this era for the Flyers. He might have 4 to 5 50 goal season as a Flyer. He will give us a legit 1st line.

Would you rather have Perry and Simmonds as our PF, or Hartnell and Simmonds

vCash
    I havent watched Anaheim much but I know Hartsy adds grit to the first line...unless Perry can come in and mirror that toughness then and ability to crash the net and hit and defend Giroux then I'll take Hartnell...if he can than its a no brainer....
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash

Would you trade:

FOR

Getzlaf + Ryan + Perry
    That line didnt work in Anaheim so how could it work here? Plus youve weakened the defense even more by trading a guy you just traded for, traded three first round picks, broke your word (if you're homer) by trading Scheen and Couts...

I know you werent thinking about PR but it counts in trades...overall bad trade....

Plus you just took on +7 Million in that trade (Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan make 15.75 this season, Schenn Brothers, Couts, Laughon make a little over 8 Million)...and you probably forgot the fact that Perry and Getzlaf are RFA next year...much means more money you have to shell out next season...

Good creativity though...
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Corey Perry is great..low to have him here

vCash
    Only time I take Perry over Hartnell is when Hartnells price is too high and better off just biting the bullet and pay the extra million or two for Perry.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Hartnell, because I have his jersey!
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Honestly way too soon to say, all depends on how Hartnell does and how perry does this year, perry might even resign there who knows, and I wouldn't trade a lone first for getzlaf I can't stand him

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    I know this is an outside opinion, but I think picking Scott Hartnell is the right choice.

Do we believe that Corey Perry is going to hit the market? I don't know. He's had tons of success in Anaheim, and I think if Getzlaf re-signs, then Perry follows.

If Corey Perry hits the market, what's the odds that he signs with Philadelphia? I'm willing to bet that Philadelphia would be on the list for a number of reasons such as Claude Giroux, he plays a Philadelphia style, and well, dominate franchise. However, it's still not a lock. I'm willing to bet at least 20 teams make a call.

6-6.6M? Judging by the Brad Richards and Zach Parise contracts, I'd be willing to bet that it's certainly higher than that. I'd think something along the lines of 10 years, 7M per year, for a 70M total. However, this really all depends on the CBA situation. Corey Perry was awarded with a Hart and Rocket a little over a year ago. His value is probably around the same as Zach Parise hitting this. Possibly more.

So taking all of these into consideration, I'd go with Scott Hartnell. He's proven in Philly. He has chemistry with Claude Giroux, and hit 40 goals (I think?). He'd be quite a bit cheaper too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I know this is an outside opinion, but I think picking Scott Hartnell is the right choice.

Do we believe that Corey Perry is going to hit the market? I don't know. He's had tons of success in Anaheim, and I think if Getzlaf re-signs, then Perry follows.

If Corey Perry hits the market, what's the odds that he signs with Philadelphia? I'm willing to bet that Philadelphia would be on the list for a number of reasons such as Claude Giroux, he plays a Philadelphia style, and well, dominate franchise. However, it's still not a lock. I'm willing to bet at least 20 teams make a call.

6-6.6M? Judging by the Brad Richards and Zach Parise contracts, I'd be willing to bet that it's certainly higher than that. I'd think something along the lines of 10 years, 7M per year, for a 70M total. However, this really all depends on the CBA situation. Corey Perry was awarded with a Hart and Rocket a little over a year ago. His value is probably around the same as Zach Parise hitting this. Possibly more.

So taking all of these into consideration, I'd go with Scott Hartnell. He's proven in Philly. He has chemistry with Claude Giroux, and hit 40 goals (I think?). He'd be quite a bit cheaper too.

never hit 40 goals (that being said, he has a good shot this year).

still, the point you made is the point i made before: it really all depends on the new CBA agreement.

vCash

Nuff Said.

Seriously though It depends on the price. If hartnell get a contract similar to his right now then keep hartsy. If it goes higher towards perry type numbers then start leaning to perry.

lol bryz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast