Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Robbie Rogers comes out and then retires

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...as-gay?cc=5901

It's to bad he's retiring he could have help lead a change in culture if he was openly gay and playing. However, I'm sure that would be very taxing and he might not want to be a martyr.

vCash
    He also got cut by Leeds United, when on loan to an even worse English side. So he's probably just doing this as a marketing ploy, now that he's unemployed and all.

vCash
    he gay lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Kramer View Post
    He also got cut by Leeds United, when on loan to an even worse English side. So he's probably just doing this as a marketing ploy, now that he's unemployed and all.

but MLS teams wanted him. Anyways I agree Truefan, kind of a shame that he retired right after coming out. I don't agree with that lifestyle but it takes a lot for someone to come out after being an athlete. I wonder if any of his old teammates knew about it.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    I really admire this guy, it takes a lot of strength to come out to your peers as a regular joe, I can't imagine what it's like as a pro athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    but MLS teams wanted him. Anyways I agree Truefan, kind of a shame that he retired right after coming out. I don't agree with that lifestyle but it takes a lot for someone to come out after being an athlete. I wonder if any of his old teammates knew about it.
    It changes my perspective on the Fire-Crew trade. Fire still win that trade but Rogers was the icing on the cake. I thought he would've been a good fit now that Fernandez is in Qatar.

vCash
    Agreed, but since we got Duka, it kind of cancels out needing Rogers, even though Rogers is better than Duka when 100%
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'