Hybrid View

vCash

if i was Burke......

Sure we could have some fun and good points with this thread

vCash
    I would trade for Bouwmeester

Seriously guys, give it a shot.

vCash
    I would pay someone to tie my ties...because im clearly too stubborn to learn

vCash
    I would have 7 girlfriends instead of having 1 wife

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    And just keep adding small peices through trade and keeping drafting BPA.

The 2013 FA list will get shorter but i think we can expect some pretty big names to be available. Next offseason the Leafs will have $30M in cap, and the only guys they will likely re-sign are Lupul and Bozak. Lupul at $5M per seems like a lot but he'd be our 1st line LW and thats about fair (maybe a bargain). Bozak will likely get $2M ish (but i really think he gets moved at some point).

So we add $7M to our cap (or subtract $7M from our cap next year) and we have this up front:

Lupul - Bozak -Kessel
    JVR - Grabo - ????? (kadri?)
    Kulemin - McClement - ?????? (Frattin/ Ashton?)
    Brown - ?????(maybe bozak if steckel leaves) - ?????? (Rosehill/Komarov/ young kid?)

Our Defence is pretty much locked in which is good (or bad depending on what you think of them. Franson and Gunnarson will have to be re-signed (this year for Franson and next year for Gunnar). Franson hasn't really done much yet and is a wildcard because he may not want to be here (that may have changed now that Schenn moves). I expect Franson to get a deal that pays him no more then $3M per, i think it will be lower but i'll overpay (please no "Overpay just like Burke?" jokes, i'm just leaving some room to manuever). Gunnarson always comes cheap but this time i think he will ask for a nice raise. He's a guy who can be steady and put up some points, so i think i'll compare him a bit to liles's contract. I think Gunnarson could be locked up (i would want him done longterm if he stays) at maybe $2.8M TOPS.

So we add $5.8M on the back end and have this:

Phanuef - Gunnarson
    Liles - Gardiner
    Komi - Franson
    Holzer

All players are under contract so theres really no NEED to find replacements HOWEVER i do understand that it needs to be upgraded big time. With Reilly and Finn (and other young guys) we have very solid depth on the back end and have the ability to plug holes.

Then there's goaltending

Reimer and Scrivens. pretty obvious that (unless one of them steal the show) we need to upgrade. Luo? sure we can take on the money and the cap but not the term IMO, not team wants that. Bernier? He's also on a deal like reimers and is likely to be paid under $3.5M when his contract is up. Scivens needs to be signed so lets say $1.5M at the most.

Next offseason the leafs will have $16.5M in cap space to work with ( i know the CBA can change this but unless the cap goes down by $17M i think we'll have some space) and have this to work with:

Lupul - ????? -Kessel
    JVR - Grabo - ?????
    Kulemin - McClement - ??????
    Brown - Bozak - ??????

Phanuef - Gunnarson
    Liles - Gardiner
    Komi - Franson
    Holzer

Reimer
    Scrivens

Looking at that we need a #1C, and 2nd 3rd and 4th line RW's in the front. Defence can be improved but there are no needs as we have 7 bodies there. Goaltending can improve but we don't have a NEED. (ps. i know we NEED to upgrade but i mean we don't have to sign someone just to fill up a slot).

It's tough to predict who will resign and who will test the market at this moment in time but heres a link to who MAY be available.
    http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...1&fa_type_id=2

Obviously lot's of names jump out at you. but here are the only guys i would target to fill our opens positions:

At the #1 centre position (in order).

-Getzlaf: obviously will be heavily sought after, and i HIGHLY doubt he signs here.

-Zajac: I like his game. how heavily i would target him would depend on this season because he only played 15 games last year but if he can return to the 20-25 goal and 42 assist and 80 games per year player i would be very interested in his services. He will be 27.

-Fisher: So many reasons why he wouldn't come here (use to be a sen, and his wife). There's maybe a 98% chance that he stays in Nashville but if he listens to offers i would put one in there.

-Ribero: i would have been all for it, but based on the low price he was traded for it seems that a lot of GM's (more importantly Burke) don't think he's anything special. He'll be 32 and puts up very impressive assist numbers but i want to go young and i think if Burke wanted him he would have outbid Washington to get him (it's possible he was unaware he was available but whatever...)

While everyone is trying to sign Getzlaff, i would just make my pitch and move on if i get the sense he's not very interested in being here. A comparable i found (just stats and contracts wise) was Pavelski and they signed their contracts at the same time, and while Paveski is easily the better player i would still offer a similar 4 year $16-18M contract.

Now for the RW spots. To save the few of you that are actaully reading (thank you and i'm sorry BTW) i will only list 3 guys i would target. Iggy is an obvious one so lets get that outta the way. It doesn't follow the "young plan" that i kinda wanted but if he's open to it he's moves to the top of my list. Perry is not happening unless Burke convinces all the Ducks to fly here. The 4th RW spot could be anyone really (Komarov possibly) but i think i will leave that spot. I see no real reason to sign guys when we have Kadri and Ashton who could play 2nd and 3rd line RW and save us money but if i wanted UFA's they would be.

-Bouchard: For the 3rd line (primarily) but due to the lack of RW talent (aside from Iggy and Perry) he could play 2nd line minutes but i'm leaning toward haveing Kadri there. Anyway, when he plays a full season he is good for 15 goals and 25 points. Perfect third line material from what i read (wild forums) and he plays pretty solid in his end. He is on a contract that pays him $4M but i would top out at $3.5M AAV over 4 years.

- Clarkson: This is the real guy i want. I don't know if him scoring 30 goals last year is a mistake or fluke but i really like this guy. I would offer him the same as Bouchard with the preference he play 3rd line minutes but if he wants them then fine, we can switch Kadri or Frattin to the third line.

-LaRose: 15 goals and 10 assists per year. Would absolutley love it if he could play the 4th line but i suspect he wants 3rd line minutes. Depending on what happens with the two above guys i have no problem with him on the 3rd line. 2 years for $5-6M is my max for him.

Unless we trade some guys i dont think we should sign any UFA dmen. two men that i would target if a spot were open are Ryan Whitney from EDM and Ron Hainsy. No spectacular but they could be solid. My preference would be Whitney but i wouldn't go above $4M for either of them.

So let's say we sign some of my choicesonly forwards, i see no need to sign UFA dmen)

Lupul - Zajac -Kessel
    JVR - Grabo - ????? (Kadri/Ashton/Colborne)
    Kulemin - McClement - Larose (? not unless he comes for under $3M)
    Brown - Bozak - ?????? (just about anyone)

We add ~$5 lets say (4.5-5 for Zajac)We have a more talented forward group IMO with a little over $11 cap to play with. Trades would be the idea way to improve the club. I would like to trade for Bouwmeester (you knew this was coming) Biggs, Colborne, Komi, and a 2nd should get it done. Forget LaRose because i don't really see a need there.

Lupul - Zajac -Kessel
    JVR - Grabo - Kadri
    Kulemin - McClement - Ashton
    Brown - Bozak - Frattin

Phanuef - Boumeester
    Gunnarson - Gardiner
    Holzer- Franson

Reimer
    Scrivens

This is our lineup with $5M in cap space, and let's face it, more talent then we've seen on this team in a while. Goaltending continues to be a problem but Lehtonen, Howard, and Smith could be available but i think i would try and aquire Bernier. I think it's the best we can do this year and moving forward. Keep our first !!!

Thanks and congrats if you read this whole thing, sorry i took up a whole page (i edited this down believe it or not) and if you didn't read then go back and read (i made fun of Burke) jk.

EDIT: damn i should have made this my long epic 3,800th post. oh well.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Watch the video presser when I took over the Leafs and take notes...maybe even listen to myself...then I would realize that I'm a joke and deserve to get FIRED!!!!!

vCash
    Buy a shirt that says Truculence in capitals.

vCash
    Well to start, I would definitely do the above with the shirt.

But just for *****...why not...

#1.
    To the Leafs: Paul Stastny, Jan Hejda
    To the Avs: Joffrey Lupul, Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi, Josh Leivo

#2.
    To the Leafs: Roberto Luongo, 2nd
    To the Nucks: James Reimer, RFA rights to Cody Franson, Tyler Bozak

Call up Nazem Kadri, Leo Komarov, Korbinian Holzer
    Re-sign Ben Scrivens, 1 year 660k (qualifying offer I believe)

Cap in: 15.183 + Kadri, Komarov, Holzer, and Scrivens (too lazy)
    Cap out: 15.55

James Van Riemsdyk - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
    Clarke MacArthur - Mikhail Grabovski - Nazem Kadri
    Nikolai Kulemin - Jay McClement - Tim Connolly
    Leo Komarov - David Steckel - Mike Brown

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
    Jake Gardiner - John Michael Liles
    Jan Hejda - Korbinian Holzer

Roberto Luongo
    Ben Scrivens

Total Cap: 63,441,667

Playoffs?!?! Playoffs...yes

vCash
    If I were Burke...

I'd think I was doing a great job because my ego's as big as my head. Truculence.

vCash
    I'd also wear that shirt too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    Well to start, I would definitely do the above with the shirt.

But just for *****...why not...

#1.
    To the Leafs: Paul Stastny, Jan Hejda
    To the Avs: Joffrey Lupul, Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi, Josh Leivo

#2.
    To the Leafs: Roberto Luongo, 2nd
    To the Nucks: James Reimer, RFA rights to Cody Franson, Tyler Bozak

Call up Nazem Kadri, Leo Komarov, Korbinian Holzer
    Re-sign Ben Scrivens, 1 year 660k (qualifying offer I believe)

Cap in: 15.183 + Kadri, Komarov, Holzer, and Scrivens (too lazy)
    Cap out: 15.55

James Van Riemsdyk - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
    Clarke MacArthur - Mikhail Grabovski - Nazem Kadri
    Nikolai Kulemin - Jay McClement - Tim Connolly
    Leo Komarov - David Steckel - Mike Brown

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
    Jake Gardiner - John Michael Liles
    Jan Hejda - Korbinian Holzer

Roberto Luongo
    Ben Scrivens

Total Cap: 63,441,667

Playoffs?!?! Playoffs...yes
    No Bouwmeester. Your argument is invalid.

vCash
    Trade for Bobby Lou. - obviously first and foremost
    Trade for Chris Stewart - size and can bang
    Trade for stashny or Getzlaf - #1 centre
    Our God is able

vCash
    I would do the exact same thing Burke is doing right now..........Laying on a beach with his thumb up his ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    No Bouwmeester. Your argument is invalid.
    I thought I was running out of pieces and I don't know what JayBo is gonna cost really. I wouldn't want to give up a whole bunch of pieces on top of the ones I had already given up and you can't give up the first today just in case your **** again. Maybe at the deadline you go something like 1st, Colborne(who would be ready), and a d spec (Holzer, Blacker, Percy) for JayBo.

I do like JayBo. I'd be happy if the Leafs grabbed him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I would do the exact same thing Burke is doing right now..........Laying on a beach with his thumb up his ***.
    Best post of the day, EASY.

vCash
    ^
    I don't hate Jay Bo either if you put the cap hit aside. The only way the Leafs should trade a 1st is if they're basically guarenteed to make the playoffs come the deadline. I could get down with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast