Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1224
    vCash
    I know there are Twins fans in here, and it is kind of hard to follow baseball during the offseason, and the Twins forum here is always slow, but the Twins traded Denard Span.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I know there are Twins fans in here, and it is kind of hard to follow baseball during the offseason, and the Twins forum here is always slow, but the Twins traded Denard Span.
    As a casual fan (who might not have the most insightful opinion), this is a disappointing deal for me. I know that they were planning on trading Span with Revere taking over his spot in the field, but it seems like the Twins are always trading talent for far off pitching prospects, many of which haven't turned out the last few years.

vCash
    haha, yeah...it was rookie hazing, but I dont think anyone would have been too surprised if that was really his backpack.
    Exactly!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Who cares about the Twins?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3y9gKe2FM

This kid should take over for dave benz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3y9gKe2FM

This kid should take over for dave benz
    I was skeptical, but at least the kid knows the names of our players

Plus, I could see some of his stuff catching on like "Wicky Woooobio!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    As a casual fan (who might not have the most insightful opinion), this is a disappointing deal for me. I know that they were planning on trading Span with Revere taking over his spot in the field, but it seems like the Twins are always trading talent for far off pitching prospects, many of which haven't turned out the last few years.
    This pitching prospect is different though...he was the #1 pitching prospect for Washington, and is now our #1 pitching prospect. MLB network now has the Twins prospect rankings updated, and this kid is now #3 overall.

This is one of those deals where you are sitting on your couch in two years, and this kid is making his debut. He is in the 6th inning, has only given up 1 run, has 7 strikeouts, and you start wondering where he came from...so you google it, and find out all you gave up is a CF who hits .280, and is entering the last year of his deal.

The move also didnt have a lot to do with Revere, it also had to do with opening the door for one of the 4 top notch OF prospect we have...likely Aaron Hicks who is our #4 ranked prospect...this deal was fantastic. Many Washington fans are pretty upset that they had to give up this guy for Denard...this pitcher we received is not just one of those mediocre prospects we get for trading good players away, he is a guy who can be a #1 or #2 guy in a rotation...to relate it to the NBA, it would be like trading away a slightly above average player like JJ Redick, for a top 3 pick that you wont get for 2 more years.

Span is a likeable guy, and a decent player, but what he provides is actually pretty replaceable. What he provides is an okay batting average, and good defense...those guys are a dime a dozen, and most organizations have a few of those guys in their minor league system. In the Twins system, they have about 5 of those guys...what most organizations do not have, is a starting pitching prospect who throws in the upper 90's.

vCash
    This pitching prospect is different though...he was the #1 pitching prospect for Washington, and is now our #1 pitching prospect. MLB network now has the Twins prospect rankings updated, and this kid is now #3 overall.

This is one of those deals where you are sitting on your couch in two years, and this kid is making his debut. He is in the 6th inning, has only given up 1 run, has 7 strikeouts, and you start wondering where he came from...so you google it, and find out all you gave up is a CF who hits .280, and is entering the last year of his deal.

The move also didnt have a lot to do with Revere, it also had to do with opening the door for one of the 4 top notch OF prospect we have...likely Aaron Hicks who is our #4 ranked prospect...this deal was fantastic. Many Washington fans are pretty upset that they had to give up this guy for Denard...this pitcher we received is not just one of those mediocre prospects we get for trading good players away, he is a guy who can be a #1 or #2 guy in a rotation...to relate it to the NBA, it would be like trading away a slightly above average player like JJ Redick, for a top 3 pick that you wont get for 2 more years.

Span is a likeable guy, and a decent player, but what he provides is actually pretty replaceable. What he provides is an okay batting average, and good defense...those guys are a dime a dozen, and most organizations have a few of those guys in their minor league system. In the Twins system, they have about 5 of those guys...what most organizations do not have, is a starting pitching prospect who throws in the upper 90's.
    Ha ha this is why I'm a basketball guy. Good to know that this kid is the real deal. I just saw in the article that it looked like he had only been in 1A so far. They also said he was a heater which he should be at 6'9". I was just really disappointed that the team couldn't come up with seemingly a single decent starter last year after hearing for years about Baker, Perkins, Diamond, ect.

I have no problem seeing Span go. It's just a matter of where you get tired of the endless search for a starting SS and starting pitching that seems to usually result in some veteran who was injured the year before coming in and having another lousy year.

vCash
    Better reference...its like when the Wolves traded Mike Miller and Randy Foye in 2009 for Ricky Rubio. We gave away two okay players for a star prospect that we werent able to get until 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Ha ha this is why I'm a basketball guy. Good to know that this kid is the real deal. I just saw in the article that it looked like he had only been in 1A so far. They also said he was a heater which he should be at 6'9". I was just really disappointed that the team couldn't come up with seemingly a single decent starter last year after hearing for years about Baker, Perkins, Diamond, ect.

I have no problem seeing Span go. It's just a matter of where you get tired of the endless search for a starting SS and starting pitching that seems to usually result in some veteran who was injured the year before coming in and having another lousy year.
    Baker was a good pitcher, but we lost him due to injury, Diamond came out of nowhere last year...no one had really heard of him, so the fan base wasnt really waiting on him at all, and he was fantastic last year, but likely will never be that affective again in his career. Perkins is a solid bull pen guy, who was never really a starting pitching prospect.

here is a summary of the trade according to Keith Law of ESPN
    Meyer has touched 99 and can work at 92-97 even as a starter, with good life on the pitch due to his low slot, although his ground ball rates in pro ball have been just okay. His slider is filthy, a bona fide out pitch whether he starts or closes in the majors, while his changeup has improved to the point where it's probably a future-average pitch. (He hasn't shown any kind of platoon split so far in the minors anyway.) There's a good enough chance that he starts that I'd hate to give him up for three years of a league-average centerfielder unless my club was an immediate contender -- which the Nats are. For the Twins, this gives them the potential frontline starter they didn't see in the 2012 draft class, when they passed on Kevin Gausman and Mark Appel in favor of very high-upside prep center fielder Byron Buxton. Pair Meyer with the resurgent Kyle Gibson, who showed a plus mid-80s slider in the Arizona Fall League, and the Twins' future pitching situation looks a lot more promising.

vCash
    this got me laughing today.

http://i.imgur.com/8GqCz.jpg

vCash
    this got me laughing today.

http://i.imgur.com/8GqCz.jpg
    That is great!! lol

vCash
    the homophobia on this site is getting ridiculous...

I am sure some of you guys have seen those guys wearing those twerk force sigs that had guys twerking in them...well, those have now apparently been banned, yet, it is fine to have females dancing in underwear in your sig.

vCash
    the homophobia on this site is getting ridiculous...

I am sure some of you guys have seen those guys wearing those twerk force sigs that had guys twerking in them...well, those have now apparently been banned, yet, it is fine to have females dancing in underwear in your sig.
    You should be PSD's gay rights advocate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    You should be PSD's gay rights advocate.
    i agree.

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast