http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuF6ctfQqCo

So which one of you made this?
    Definitely gave me a chuckle or two!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Maria Kirelenko is playing in the second round of Womens Tennis, leading 5-3 in the first set. I wish here good luck!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    You all here that Snoop Dog changed his name to Snoop Lion?

He has gone reggae, the music is actually alright, some people may not like it, but I was into reggae as a youngster, and it has a throwback sound to it.

Here is one of the songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x__9qYCNMQ

He apparently thinks that he is Bob Marley reincarnate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    You all here that Snoop Dog changed his name to Snoop Lion?

He has gone reggae, the music is actually alright, some people may not like it, but I was into reggae as a youngster, and it has a throwback sound to it.

Here is one of the songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x__9qYCNMQ

He apparently thinks that he is Bob Marley reincarnate.
    I grew up with Marley thanks to my older cousin, so Marley is a bit nostalgic for me.. I also use to like Snoop in the mid 90's, but this sh** is absolutely terrible. I mean absolutely no offense by this, but Snoop has fallen off so far, I can't take him seriously anymore, not that I really did anyways. He's a marketing genius that has kept himself relevant even though he hasn't done sh** for years, but it's this type of pandering that drive me crazy and makes me not like him anymore...Not trying to personally attack your tastes, to each their own, just tired of Snoop and his constant need to try and stay relevant without producing anything new or interesting for over a decade.

vCash
    I hear you. And Bob was one of my childhood heroes too. But the song posted sounds like the reggae I know, which is why I kind of like it. Its not like the "reggae" that musicians such as John Paul, Damian Marley or Shaggy put out. I think Snoop's song that I posted catches the essence of what got me into reggae, which is a happy, fun feeling that makes you bob your head.

And as far as Snoop as a rap artist, he is one of the greatest. I may be a bit older than you, and the generation that grew up with his music in the early 90's recognizes him as a man who defined a genre...the man who was screaming 187. His newer stuff leaves a lot to be desired, but when he first hit the scene, he was so true, and had such a great flow. The flow in his newer stuff still remains, and it is unmatched by any other, but the direction he has taken his career in just tells you he is all about the money. As you said, he is brilliant for marketing himself in a way that has kept himself relevant in pop culture for so many years, and I cant fault a guy for doing what he can to make the money, but the Snoop of the early 90's is a musician that will live on forever...a musician is a good title for him in the early 90's, as that is what he was...an entreupaneur is probably the best way to describe him in the later years of his career...right now though, I dont know what to think of his recent change. On one hand, the documentary seems like another ploy to get some money, but on the other hand, reggae is not part of pop culture, and as stated before the music he made seems to capture the essence of what reggae is to me....happines, easy going, and makes me bob my head.

vCash
    It's my birthday *****es!!!!

Last edited by thechom80; 08-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    well happy birthday. At least do something sorta cool.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Happy Birthday Chom

vCash
    Happy belated Birthday!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    So I'm almost done with my summer classes, and I just realized that one of my classmates is Michael Jordan's daughter. Weird world.

vCash
    Happy birdhday mate! Don't get too wasted

vCash
    Thanks guys! Ended up going bowling with my buddy and his girlfriend. Holy **** do I suck at bowling. Had a few too many beers, but sweat it all out moving furniture today. I always seem to have to move myself or help someone move after a night of drinking. Ugh.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3mWuQVn_c&feature=plcp

Couple friends of mine performing here..give it a listen guys!! New zealand pride

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3mWuQVn_c&feature=plcp

Couple friends of mine performing here..give it a listen guys!! New zealand pride
    Better than the original.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Thanks guys! Ended up going bowling with my buddy and his girlfriend. Holy **** do I suck at bowling. Had a few too many beers, but sweat it all out moving furniture today. I always seem to have to move myself or help someone move after a night of drinking. Ugh.
    I am boss at bowling.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast