Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Obama will give speeches about the constitution and human rights to health care but then wants to have strict gun policies after one kid goes psycho. Where is the constitution on that one, obama? If thst kid thought every other person in that thetre had a gun on them there is no way he would have open fired. I think gun policies need yo be strict but I also understand that criminals will break those laws regardless...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    Yeah whats the difference? Criminals are labeled as such because they ahh well break the law.They lie, they steal. Even if gun laws were more strict people who want to commit violent crimes would find a way to get weapons. That's the last I will say about that topic because it still makes me sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am not willing to take the risk.
    It is as much risk as trusting a Christian, but old habits (and old prejudices) die hard. Why aren't we afraid of Catholics anymore? Doesn't the pope control them? What about Mormons? They seem to make that stuff up Believe me, the most just system of conquest throughout history was the Ottoman Empire's millet system. They left everybody alone to their own dealings and simply charged them a tax in place of Muslim alms-giving. That's not so different from federal taxes which allow you to claim charitable givings against them. I would suggest that anyone who isn't very clear on Islam should do a little research and maybe look up another sect of Christianity as well and see what strikes you. Ignorance is our greatest enemy for it comes from within.

Next, Obama. I don't want to get into this a ton, but I do want to say that I feel an eight year term is needed to judge presidents these days. There is so much congressional deadlock that it's hard to get anything passed (Senate rules essentially allow opposition to table any vote without 60 votes in favor of moving on). Yet, amazingly enough "ObamaCare" (cousin of "RomniCare") passed and will do a lot of good once fully enacted. The issue with healthcare is that, like higher eduaction, its demand is "inelastic" meaning that no matter how high the costs become the demand does not decrease. If a procedure can save your life but its expensive does that stop you from going into debt for it? By making everybody get insurance, that assures that insurance companies make enough to cover the highest-priced opperations and don't go out of business. It essentially is an investment where people may be young and healthy and not need much healthcare, but when they are old they know they will get their treatment no matter what pre-existing conditions, costs, ect. That's a big part of Obama's presidency (and we haven't seen it take full-effect yet: like the NBA CBA ). He also is winding down wars in Iraq and Afghanistan fairly successfully, has managed relations with each during their civil revolt and carefully navigated the US through a Libyan intervention without risking the safety of our troops. The economy is still an issue, but it remains a worldwide issue and I think Romney's tenure at Bain is a very important indicator of where his priorities lie - top level profits above steady income jobs.

Finally, the biggest issue I have about American voters is there complaint about picking "the lesser of two evils" and yet having no idea what goes on in local politics. Local politics are a way for you to influence the next leaders and candidates on a national level. Everyone starts somewhere, but rarely does the average American even care to find out their local representatives' names.

vCash
    dudes.

how many times do you hear bout this kind of shootings happening in france, or germany or spain?

guess what only police, army and secret services are allowed to own hand guns.
    Only certified profesional hunters are allowed to have rifles.

no aks, no bombs, no hang grenades, no magnums for hunters, no ****.

do some criminals have guns? yep.

do they shoot? no because they dont feel threatened that a gun is gonna appear from anywhere.

Simply, the less guns the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Obama will give speeches about the constitution and human rights to health care but then wants to have strict gun policies after one kid goes psycho. Where is the constitution on that one, obama? If thst kid thought every other person in that thetre had a gun on them there is no way he would have open fired. I think gun policies need yo be strict but I also understand that criminals will break those laws regardless...
    I'm going to just paraphrase the words but essentially, "A US citizen has the right to bear arms in a well-regulated milita." Some would argue that "militia" is the state national guard. I do believe that the privilege to own firearms should be extended to suitable adults (not criminals, crazies, ect), but owning an AK47 is unjustifiable to me. It tells me you are either a lousy hunter or you don't trust your country. If the second is the case, I find that along the lines of treason and suggest you go find a country you do trust. As for guns in the theater, what is to say you don't have a bunch of mis-fires that kill people? We all know how dangerous it is to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. I'd have to imagine shooting is pretty similar

We can do nothing to stop insanity if we do not catch it in time. As long as we have freedoms, there will be crimes. Heck, there are bomb recipes on the internet and I know that no one is suggesting that the government have the total authority to regualte the internet like China. The point is that if you can keep a high-powered weapon that doesn't serve much real purpose in civilian hands out of the hands of a crazy person, isn't that a reasonable thing to do? It also allows the authorities to act early when friends, neighbors, ect find out some has such a weapon and then it can be taken away and that person monitored.

vCash
    If you lived in a situation on a daily basis where a gun could be pulled on you, you might think differently. If a gun is looking you in the face your thoughts will change to.... Where is the nearest gun and why csnt it be in my hand? If you are in a risky situation on a daily basis it is your duty to protect yourself and your family. The food and swat take time. Time you don't have when someone is breaking into your house. Your little girl yelling for daddy. All you can think is, the cops are 10 min away and I have a broomstick to work with until then.
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong. I agree some weapons need to be controlled. Whole heartedly. They don't have their purpose in society. That doesn't mean I will be trusting the good nature of others with my life. My job and the neighborhood it is in are dangerous. It only takes one crazy.... I can assure you, that crazy, isn't me.

vCash
    If you lived in a situation on a daily basis where a gun could be pulled on you, you might think differently. If a gun is looking you in the face your thoughts will change to.... Where is the nearest gun and why csnt it be in my hand? If you are in a risky situation on a daily basis it is your duty to protect yourself and your family. The food and swat take time. Time you don't have when someone is breaking into your house. Your little girl yelling for daddy. All you can think is, the cops are 10 min away and I have a broomstick to work with until then.
    Ive been pinpoited by a gun once in my life.

Guess where..............

New Orleans.

Know why im alive?

1 because the assaulter took me from my back, so i couldnt see his face, took my wallet and ran away.

2 because i didnt have a gun, if i had one and had done the slightest move to try to grab it i would be dead.

vCash
    That would NOT have been the time to reach for it. You can have a gun and leave it be.... I'm sorry for your bad experience.

vCash
    1. I worked in North Minneapolis for a long while in retail and had to confront my share of shoplifters, break up fights in the parking lot, ect. I've dealt with robberies and I've dealt with employees who essentially said that they'd put everyone else in the store in danger by trying to be a hero and fight back.

2. I have locks on my doors, including my bedroom. I know I'd be far less afraid if I felt I could engage someone in a hand-to-hand struggle than if I was sure they had easy access to a gun and could simply blow me away.

3. Guns and fire are sort of similar in that sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire, but that is a controlled burn performed by professionals just as guns are best left to people who understand the gravity of using them and can use them with the precision that spares lives.

vCash
    I'm pumped for topdogs next post.

vCash
    That would NOT have been the time to reach for it. You can have a gun and leave it be.... I'm sorry for your bad experience.
    But most people don't realize that. People don't think when they are in a panic and that is why we should not have more people carrying very deadly weapons but rather less.

There is no law that would have kept Crooner from getting himself killed in a simple mugging all because the presence of guns escalated the situation. If all Crooner has are his fists to fight back, chances are he gets a nasty pistol whip, but the greater the force creates a greater response.

vCash
    Not only should Ar type rifles have a strict penalty but people who have a permit to carry (dont get me started with how easy they are to get.....) Should have mandated Target shooting much like police officers. Rounds per week or rounds per month. If you aren't serious enough to practice and have training, you can't carry.

vCash
    I'm pumped for topdogs next post.
    lol

vCash
    Not only should Ar type rifles have a strict penalty but people who have a permit to carry (dont get me started with how easy they are to get.....) Should have mandated Target shooting much like police officers. Rounds per week or rounds per month. If you aren't serious enough to practice and have training, you can't carry.
    If I'm not mistaken, this is essentially what Obama is advocating. It was phrased somewhere along the lines of "enforcing current laws" or something like that. In essence, it's not taking weapons away from people but making sure that they know how to handle them responsably.

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast