Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    firefox

vCash
    Chrome!

vCash
    The race thing with our team has become a running joke, and I do find it kind of humorous, but I am getting bothered by the people who actually think the Wolves FO is racist, and are intentionally putting an all white team together. Sure our a lot of our players have white skin, but the truth is man of them are foreigners, and would be considered minorities in the USA.
    JJ - Puerto Rican
    Rubio - Spanish
    Schved and Kirilenko - Russian
    Pek - Montenegran

While many of our players apear to be of the same race, the truth is, we have an extremely diverse team, with players from all sorts of backgrounds, and from various different places of the world.

vCash
    seriously, we probably have the most diverse team in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    The race thing with our team has become a running joke, and I do find it kind of humorous, but I am getting bothered by the people who actually think the Wolves FO is racist, and are intentionally putting an all white team together. Sure our a lot of our players have white skin, but the truth is man of them are foreigners, and would be considered minorities in the USA.
    JJ - Puerto Rican
    Rubio - Spanish
    Schved and Kirilenko - Russian
    Pek - Montenegran

While many of our players apear to be of the same race, the truth is, we have an extremely diverse team, with players from all sorts of backgrounds, and from various different places of the world.
    Which is what I love about it. Too often, "diversity" is taken as the presence of someone of a different tone of skin - African, Asian, South American (playing it continental). It's great to see such talented players come from such diverse places and the general love of the game taking hold all over the world (but still being centered in America )

vCash
    any of you U.S. citizens who vote, question (came up in GD forum).

Would you vote for a candidate who was a practicing muslim for the office of President of the United States?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Hey fellow rubes. I have been reading all of your comments for atleast 2 years and never registered, so now that I have I look forward to chatting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThxVeterans View Post
    Hey fellow rubes. I have been reading all of your comments for atleast 2 years and never registered, so now that I have I look forward to chatting.
    welcome to the forum man. I know mine have been the best, including the muslim thing above, no need to thank me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    any of you U.S. citizens who vote, question (came up in GD forum).

Would you vote for a candidate who was a practicing muslim for the office of President of the United States?
    As long as I felt they were the best candidate. Heck, I think it's crazier to vote for a Mormon

Seriously though, I know Keith Ellison got a bunch of heat for having himself sworn into office on a Koran rather than a Bible, but I really appreciated that because 1.The whole bible thing is kind of silly for public office in the first place but 2.If your going to swear on something, it should mean something to you personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThxVeterans View Post
    Welcome aboard! See, people, no need to be afraid. On the internet, the dogs don't bite

vCash
    Seriously if any time a team grew the balls to make an all foreigners team and put a foreigner coach in charge they would become public enemy number 1 in usa it seems.

God forbids that current wolves ahve any succes with so many foreigners or psd is going gaga with hatred!!!!

Btw, why in hell do psd hate on teh wolves so much? i mean in undestand hating on the heat because of the decision, hating on the lakers, bulls, knicks because of the douchebagish antics of most of the fans but wtf!! waht have the wolves done to deserve so?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Seriously if any time a team grew the balls to make an all foreigners team and put a foreigner coach in charge they would become public enemy number 1 in usa it seems.

God forbids that current wolves ahve any succes with so many foreigners or psd is going gaga with hatred!!!!

Btw, why in hell do psd hate on teh wolves so much? i mean in undestand hating on the heat because of the decision, hating on the lakers, bulls, knicks because of the douchebagish antics of most of the fans but wtf!! waht have the wolves done to deserve so?
    I hate to play the victim here, but how many times have we heard "contract the Wolves" "no one wants to play in MN - it's too cold" "[the star player] is a stat padder" and now "someone in MN is racist."

It just seems Minnesota is an easy target for the media and people follow suit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    As long as I felt they were the best candidate. Heck, I think it's crazier to vote for a Mormon

Seriously though, I know Keith Ellison got a bunch of heat for having himself sworn into office on a Koran rather than a Bible, but I really appreciated that because 1.The whole bible thing is kind of silly for public office in the first place but 2.If your going to swear on something, it should mean something to you personally.
    I could not bring myself to vote for a muslim for that office. Unfortunately, a man can say all he wants about the conviction of his religion, but if it ultimately makes decisions for him in his professional life, I have a problem with that man running a country if his religion is that of a religion whose host countries generally despises us by it's radicals and many of that religion. Not worth the chance to me.

vCash
    ^^this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I could not bring myself to vote for a muslim for that office. Unfortunately, a man can say all he wants about the conviction of his religion, but if it ultimately makes decisions for him in his professional life, I have a problem with that man running a country if his religion is that of a religion whose host countries generally despises us by it's radicals and many of that religion. Not worth the chance to me.
    I think US issues with Muslim-dominated nations are overblown. We must also consider the branch of Islam and its relative nature of liberalism or conservativism. The same thing holds true for Christianity. Some branches of Christianity would like to outlaw vaccines, stem-cell research, ect. There is nothing in the Koran about forcing people to convert - that is a small strain of Islam called Wahabism which developed in what is probably the US's biggest Arab ally: Saudi Arabia. They are a minority but their actions make a lot of noise akin to radical Christians who perform terroristic acts such as abortion clinic bombings and doctor assassinations or gay beatings.

Further, many of the issues the US faces in the Middle East (ignoring the fact that we have fairly amiable relations with many of the nations and the Arab League [I understand Islam and Arab are not interchangeable but they are undoubtedly correlated in Western minds]) are the result of the US historical role in propping up puppet governments in former Ottoman territories. We have supported dictators in favor of stability and now must explain ourselves to people who feel we aided their oppression. The biggest positive is that many young Arabs and Islamic Arabs are in favor of democracy and its associated freedom of religion. Egyptians feared the choice they were left with when more moderate/liberal candidates barely lost out in their election (44% of vote split among a couple candidates: 22% each) resulted in a run-off between an Islamic Party and the Military Party of the past.
    Last edited by topdog; 07-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast