Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 773
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    1500
    I dont know if its just me being nervous before conference season starts but Im just kind of nervous about the Arizona game. I know Mariota has been awesome but I havent came out of non-conference thinking the Ducks are awesomer than what theyve been. They beat up on three teams who they should of. That said, if we lose more than 2 regular season games I will be highly dissapointed. I just hope Oregon comes out of the gates on fire because Arizona seems like a team that could pull off an upset, especially with the loss of Boyett, injuries on the line and dare I say it - an inexperienced QB. GO DUCKS WTD!!!

    Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    I dont know if its just me being nervous before conference season starts but Im just kind of nervous about the Arizona game. I know Mariota has been awesome but I havent came out of non-conference thinking the Ducks are awesomer than what theyve been. They beat up on three teams who they should of. That said, if we lose more than 2 regular season games I will be highly dissapointed. I just hope Oregon comes out of the gates on fire because Arizona seems like a team that could pull off an upset, especially with the loss of Boyett, injuries on the line and dare I say it - an inexperienced QB. GO DUCKS WTD!!!
    Oregon definitely has not been tested, but they also have held back a lot in each game. Arizona will finally see Chip Kelly's full playbook on Saturday, and that will give us a tactical advantage.

    Arizona has a terrific offense led by Matt Scott, but that defense just doesn't have the horses to keep up with Oregon for more than a half. In the past, we would have had issues matching up with their big receivers, but Ifo and Mitchell are very physical corners that will be able to play in man coverage most of the time. This also keeps the pressure off of Patterson/Dargan as they get more used to playing with the ones. I also really like what I have seen from Brian Jackson, and he should get better as the season goes on.

    As for the offensive line, Kelly has been holding out many key guys because he knew he could against inferior competition. Clanton, Long, and Fisher did not get their normal allotment of snaps versus Tennessee Tech, and all 3 were held out of most of the Fresno State game. In a way, this is a blessing in disguise because Chip was able to build more depth along the offensive line. I know losing York sucks, but I still think this is the most talented offensive line that we have had since 2007. Oregon will be able to impose their will on Arizona, and the offense should look spectacular.

    I'm also hoping that we give Colt more looks. He reminds me of Gronk in how he extends plays after first contact, and he's a matchup nightmare. I'd also like to see some two tight end sets with Pharaoh Brown on the field at the same time. He reminds me of Ed Dickson and looks like he could be special. Also, I expect Huff to be back for this game. We really dodged a bullet on that one, and our receiver depth is surprisingly good. Even freshmen like Stanford and Addison have shown a lot of talent and maturity, and players like Lowe, Vaughn, and Hawkins look much better than last season.

    Also, the Robinson twins and Thomas Oser are confirmed as official visitors. The Robinson twins have said that Oregon leads, and they would be huge pickups for football and basketball. Aaron Gordon is also visiting this weekend, and we have an opportunity to make a big impression.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    1500
    Makes sense and yes, I cant imagine a whole game with Barner and DAT in there. And boy was Mario-TA the better selection over Bennett. Night and Day. I agree I want Colt to get plugged in more. He is straight up one of the best athletes on the field.

    As far as recruiting goes, I have a rivals account but man, Oregon always seems to come up a bit short in basketball. Really wanted the dude that went to UNLV this year and it would be nice to get some 5 star guys here at Oregon but with the 1 and done rule and all, teams like Arizona and UCLA can just reload every year. Its frustrating. I hope this Waverly Austin kid can push his weight around and score, because The Lord knows Tony Woods cant score haha!

    Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    Makes sense and yes, I cant imagine a whole game with Barner and DAT in there. And boy was Mario-TA the better selection over Bennett. Night and Day. I agree I want Colt to get plugged in more. He is straight up one of the best athletes on the field.
    Yeah, I'm very thankful that Chip chose Mariota. Bennett has talent, but I don't want a QB that forces it constantly when it is not there. Especially in Oregon's offense where you are supposed to have more players open in space.

    As far as recruiting goes, I have a rivals account but man, Oregon always seems to come up a bit short in basketball. Really wanted the dude that went to UNLV this year and it would be nice to get some 5 star guys here at Oregon but with the 1 and done rule and all, teams like Arizona and UCLA can just reload every year. Its frustrating. I hope this Waverly Austin kid can push his weight around and score, because The Lord knows Tony Woods cant score haha!
    I agree with this. It wouldn't be smart to get too excited about Aaron Gordon just yet. The reason why I am intrigued about the possibility is due to the movement in his recruitment. About a month and a half ago we appeared to be a long shot a best, but now we are nipping at Washington's heels. I have more confidence in this one than I did in the Anthony Bennett (UNLV 5 star) sweepstakes as well. That was truly a bizarre recruitment, and sometimes it just doesn't work out.

    I also am hopeful of Austin, but I'm not sure what to expect just yet. In an ideal world, we would get a motivated Woods like we saw in the last 10 games of last season, but you never know with big men. Woods doesn't have great touch around the rim, but his size and athleticism give him an advantage over almost every center he will play against this season. Maybe Austin can push Woods to hit his potential, and at the same time give us a terrific backup. Woods needs to get tougher, and a little bit of competition may toughen him up. If that happens, then our NCAA tournament bid chances improve significantly.

    By the way, I'm glad to see another Duck fan out there who likes to talk some basketball. Last year I mainly talked Duck bball on this site with Husky fans
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah Im all over Mens Basketball as well. Anything else though I dont really care. Im so glad they got rid of Kingma, that guy was clearly a waste of space and I don't think he will ever compete, even with Wazzu. I hope Artis can come in and ball right away because if we have Loyd in there all year we will be in trouble. And I am going to go out on the limb (Ive said this since last year) but I think Carlos Emory is the absolute shiznit and he will break out this year!!!

    By the way did you see that RG3 was almost a Duck? In fact, he chose Baylor over Oregon as his last two. I think to myself what could of been, but then I think well snap, we went to two Rose Bowls and a Natty and Darron Thomas was perfect for our offense so don't know how much better we would of been. But one can wonder.

    Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    Yeah Im all over Mens Basketball as well. Anything else though I dont really care. Im so glad they got rid of Kingma, that guy was clearly a waste of space and I don't think he will ever compete, even with Wazzu. I hope Artis can come in and ball right away because if we have Loyd in there all year we will be in trouble. And I am going to go out on the limb (Ive said this since last year) but I think Carlos Emory is the absolute shiznit and he will break out this year!!!
    Kingma was simply too small and not quick enough to defend well at the Pac-12 level. He isn't even as quick as Sim, and he was a defensive liability throughout his career. I totally agree with your thoughts on Loyd. He's a good guy and a hard worker, but he's a huge liability in regards to turnovers and defense. Artis is already a leader and he just knows how to command an offense. I think he could be the next great Oregon PG, and we've needed that since Brooks left.

    By the way, everything I have heard indicates that Emory is ready to become a star. He's a ridiculous athlete, and his off-the-dribble game is getting better. We need him to step up and make up for the loss of Devoe, and it sounds like he is ready. Branch will be add depth as well, and our back court looks pretty damn good.

    By the way did you see that RG3 was almost a Duck? In fact, he chose Baylor over Oregon as his last two. I think to myself what could of been, but then I think well snap, we went to two Rose Bowls and a Natty and Darron Thomas was perfect for our offense so don't know how much better we would of been. But one can wonder.
    I had no idea, and I'm very sad now! If we had RGIII, then holy crap we would have been good (we were anyway, but I think we beat Auburn with him). I'm not one to hate on DT, but obviously RGIII is on a different level.

    Thankfully Mariota looks like a stud, and could be the most talented QB to hit Oregon in awhile. We've had some great QB's over the years so I won't say that he is going to be the best, but he's got a shot.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Alright Brady I'm gonna tell ya right now your making me feel a hell of alot better about Saturday's game against Arizona. I was very concerned once York went down and Boyett on D, but I love the way Chip has been priming the back up olinemen. It completely makes sense now to be honest, and it's complete genious if you ask me. It sucks for me and my family huge Oregon fans living out here in the heart of SEC land (Alabama). A ton of my Alabama buddies believe Oregon will be the team to come out of the Pac 12 on top. I know it's way early to perdict anything at all and I just tell em wait and see baby wait and see. The thing most people outside of the the Northwest really have no idea is what the atmosphere is like at Autzen! I miss going to games especially evening games at Autzen nothing like it anywhere imo. I honestly believe the biggest factor is going to be our D against their offense. I have no doubt we're going to score early and often against their D, but I can't wait to see what our linebackers and d line do against o line and run game that to me will decide it.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,433
    vCash
    1500
    At least we won't get batteries thrown at us.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Alright Brady I'm gonna tell ya right now your making me feel a hell of alot better about Saturday's game against Arizona. I was very concerned once York went down and Boyett on D, but I love the way Chip has been priming the back up olinemen. It completely makes sense now to be honest, and it's complete genious if you ask me. It sucks for me and my family huge Oregon fans living out here in the heart of SEC land (Alabama). A ton of my Alabama buddies believe Oregon will be the team to come out of the Pac 12 on top. I know it's way early to perdict anything at all and I just tell em wait and see baby wait and see. The thing most people outside of the the Northwest really have no idea is what the atmosphere is like at Autzen! I miss going to games especially evening games at Autzen nothing like it anywhere imo. I honestly believe the biggest factor is going to be our D against their offense. I have no doubt we're going to score early and often against their D, but I can't wait to see what our linebackers and d line do against o line and run game that to me will decide it.
    I've never got to go to Autzen

    The only Ducks game I've gotten to see in person was the National Championship, I'm sure there is still some audio somewhere of me screaming at the top of my lungs "Cam Newton can't pass! I haven't seen him complete one pass all season!"

    I'm stationed up in Washington so I got tickets to go see Oregon-Wazzou in Seattle. Should be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Alright Brady I'm gonna tell ya right now your making me feel a hell of alot better about Saturday's game against Arizona. I was very concerned once York went down and Boyett on D, but I love the way Chip has been priming the back up olinemen. It completely makes sense now to be honest, and it's complete genious if you ask me.
    The way Oregon develops depth on both sides of the ball throughout the season will make it more likely for Oregon to compete at a high level each year. Most teams don't play every man in their 2 deep each game, and Oregon often gives critical snaps to the 2s. Hell, even the 3's get significant snaps at certain times, and they are much more battle-tested when they have to step up and play more snaps. Also, our team gets a lot more snaps in practice than any other team in the country so that develops even more depth. This is how Oregon has been able to "plug and play" when critical injuries and suspensions have happened in the past.

    It sucks for me and my family huge Oregon fans living out here in the heart of SEC land (Alabama). A ton of my Alabama buddies believe Oregon will be the team to come out of the Pac 12 on top. I know it's way early to perdict anything at all and I just tell em wait and see baby wait and see. The thing most people outside of the the Northwest really have no idea is what the atmosphere is like at Autzen! I miss going to games especially evening games at Autzen nothing like it anywhere imo. I honestly believe the biggest factor is going to be our D against their offense. I have no doubt we're going to score early and often against their D, but I can't wait to see what our linebackers and d line do against o line and run game that to me will decide it.
    Yeah, Autzen really is a special place. I'll admit that 5-10 years ago it was louder, but it still is the best environment west of the Mississippi. Our 12th man impacts games each time, and I'm really lucky to have seen so many games at Autzen.

    As for our National Championship hopes, I certainly think we have a chance. We need to stay healthy, and Mariota will need to continue to grow. I have faith in Kelly putting us in a position to go for it all.

    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    At least we won't get batteries thrown at us.
    You mean water bottles right? That Arizona crowd is just really bad, and it is shameful what they did to that cheerleader. Such an epic game, and thankfully Masoli kept that crowd from storming the field!

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've never got to go to Autzen

    The only Ducks game I've gotten to see in person was the National Championship, I'm sure there is still some audio somewhere of me screaming at the top of my lungs "Cam Newton can't pass! I haven't seen him complete one pass all season!"

    I'm stationed up in Washington so I got tickets to go see Oregon-Wazzou in Seattle. Should be great!
    I heard that the Oregon - Washington State game has more tickets sold than the Washington - Stanford game that is 2 days prior to our game. Looks like Duck fans own Seattle now
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    1500
    Wow 49-0. This game could of very easily been a close one. Hard to believe for anyone that didn't watch the game but hey I am always down to kill 'Zona and not let up ever since they threw a fit and took it out on us by throwing bottles at our players and cheerleaders.

    Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Morris, MN
    Posts
    2,256
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like we leaped over LSU for the number two spot in the polls. We control our own destiny if we win out.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,769
    vCash
    1500
    Autzen was so damn loud last night, and it was good to see after the snoozers in non-conference play. The offense wasn't great, but man the defense made so many big plays! I never thought I'd see a shutout against a worthy Pac-12 opponent, but it happened.

    Also, 4 stars Tyree and Tyrell Robinson committed after their visit this weekend. Huge gets for football and basketball!
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,433
    vCash
    1500
    Wow. What a game. So impressed with what Aliotti has been able to do this year. Kiko and Clay were flying to the ball, the secondary looked very impressive, especially Ekpre-Olomu. Even with a down game from Dion, we seemed to get plenty of pressure as well. We seem up to the challenge on D, and with the depth we have I think we have a real shot competing with the SEC if we can hold on. If the offense can finally start fully clicking, we control our own destiny this year.

    Oh, and Colt is an absolute monster.

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •