Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I just read that Clanton, Fisher, and Long also were injured. I don't know if they are severe, but that may explain the offensive line woes...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Huff said he was fine by the way. That would be incredible if true...

Also, don't expect Boyett to be out very long. It sounds like he would have played if this had been a tougher matchup.

Edit: Boyett's injury could be much more significant:
    EUGENE — Senior safety John Boyett, Oregon's leading tackler in 2011, will meet with a doctor this week to discuss the possibility of having season-ending knee surgery, multiple sources have told The Oregonian.

Boyett did not play in No. 4 Oregon's 42-25 victory over Fresno State on Saturday. He instead watched in street clothes from the Autzen Stadium sideline, offering encouragement and slapping teammates on the helmets as they came off the field.

Details of his knee injury are not known, but it is believed that Boyett has been bothered by the injury for some time.

In his fourth season as a starter, Boyett led the Ducks with 108 tackles last season in earning honorable mention All-America honors from one publication. He also led the Ducks in tackles as a redshirt freshman in 2009, and he has started 36 games in his career, with 40 appearances overall.

Boyett had an interception in the Ducks' season-opening victory over Arkansas State a week earlier.

UO defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti, per team policy, would not comment on the nature of Boyett's injury. "Day to day," he said, when asked about Boyett's status.

Junior Avery Patterson made his first career start at free safety in Boyett's place in the victory over Fresno State. Sophomore Erick Dargan also played significant minutes. They each had five tackles.

"Avery and Dargan, and (strong safety) Brian Jackson, have done a nice job for us, so we feel comfortable with them in there," Aliotti said.

Several other UO players left Saturday's game with injuries.

Senior guard Carson York left the game after injuring his right knee, the same knee that he had surgery on following injuring it in the Rose Bowl.

Left tackle Kyle Long did not play because of an undisclosed leg injury.

Wide receiver Josh Huff left the game in the first quarter with a left knee injury on a noncontact play.

"I'm fine," Huff said after the game. "I thought it was worse, but I'll be back Monday. ... I just planted wrong and my knee gave out."

Backup defensive lineman Jared Ebert, a junior, was not in uniform. He suffered what is thought to be a significant knee injury in the Ducks' season opener.

Redshirt freshman Tyler Johnstone started at left tackle for the second week in a row after leaving the season opener in the first quarter with an Achilles' strain.
    Source: The Oregonian
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 09-09-2012 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Doug Brenner committed to Oregon. He's an Oregonian, and a bit of a raw prospect. Terrific athleticism, but will need to put on weight during his RS year to be able to play along the interior of our offensive line. Brenner has great upside, and if offensive line doesn't work out he has the athleticism to be a contributor at tight end or potentially on defense.

Also, we lead for Tyrell and Tyree Robinson. They are twins, and are major impact recruits in both football and basketball. They are friends with Dominic Artis, and we may see a couple of commits when they visit. Would be a huge coup. Also, Zayd Issah is being pushed by Oregon coaches to commit. He is a former Penn State commit, and he could be a stud linebacker in our system. Even though he lives in Pennsylvania, he actually has roots in Oregon. If we get him and Tyrell Robinson, then I'm not sure if Johnny Ragin gets an offer.

vCash
    John Boyett is officially out for the season....

vCash
    That was an expensive game, ugh (just breathe)

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    I feel awful about Boyett. He's by far my favorite player on D.

vCash
    I think everyone watched Boyett and had the ultimate trust in him. Replacing his leadership is going to be a tall order, and it is very unfortunate that this had to occur. He made the right decision to get the surgery because if he had not he likely would have not had a great shot at the NFL. I look forward to watching him on Sundays someday.

Look for Patterson and Dargan to platoon at Boyett's spot.

vCash
    I just saw on Rivals that Thomas Tyner (I believe is his name) the Oregon HS HB is no longer a 5-Star. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I just saw on Rivals that Thomas Tyner (I believe is his name) the Oregon HS HB is no longer a 5-Star. What gives?
    He didn't participate in any of the Summer camps due to rehabbing an injury, and that's basically the entire reason. Tyner is absolutely destroying right now, so he could definitely get back to 5 star status. He had like 400 yards last week, and 250 the week before

vCash
    Elite basketball recruit Aaron Gordon has Oregon no worse than 2nd in his list of favorites. Washington currently leads, but Oregon has made a ton of ground and has passed Arizona. He will be officially visiting Oregon soon, and we definitely have a shot in this one.

Leon McQuay (elite FB recruit) set a visit for October 6th when the Huskies come to town. This one is a long shot, but it is something to monitor.

vCash
    Brady-

Who's in line to take York's spot now?

Rough go with injuries, sucks that they were before conference play even started...

vCash
    In the short term I expect Mana Greig to receive most of the 1st team snaps at LG, but eventually I see the line shaking out like this:

LT: Kyle Long LG: Ryan Clanton C: Hroniss Grasu RG: Nick Cody RT: Jake Fisher

Also, don't be surprised if Hamani Stevens gets a shot at 1st team LG.

vCash
    De'Anthony Thomas is just unbelievable...

vCash
    Y'all must of forgot who the PAC12 champions were the past 3 years.
    Spencer Paysinger

It seems as though Matt Barkley's "Unfinished Business" shall remain unfinished lol
    Darrion Weems

Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 09-15-2012 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    Arizona this weekend! This could be a very high scoring game, but I don't think they have the talent to stick with Oregon for four quarters. Matt Scott is the real deal so I won't chalk this one up just yet.

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast