Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    I thought I should post something seeing that Brady is owning the boards ha!

I am going to come out and say it: I don't trust Kenyon Barner. Sure he has made some unbelievable and awesome plays. But to be the main back for the entire year, I don't trust it. I am not saying I don't like the guy because I think he is awesome but I hope I am proved wrong on this.

Sure we got DAT but I am just weary about Barner all year. The guy gets hurt all the time and he is not LMJ. I keep hearing good things about Byron Marshall and that he is making good strides in practice. I hope he can step up and ease some pressure on Barner.

I just hope I am wrong on this.
    This is a completely valid concern. I brought this up as a reason for why I am picking USC, and hopefully Barner proves us wrong. He is definitely talented, but he has had injury issues each season. Can he take a step up in carries? I don't think it is impossible, but he certainly needs to prove it. Byron Marshall needs to be able to take the carries that Tra Carson left behind as well. I think Marshall is very talented, but with running backs it is tough to tell how ready they will be as freshmen.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    This is a completely valid concern. I brought this up as a reason for why I am picking USC, and hopefully Barner proves us wrong. He is definitely talented, but he has had injury issues each season. Can he take a step up in carries? I don't think it is impossible, but he certainly needs to prove it. Byron Marshall needs to be able to take the carries that Tra Carson left behind as well. I think Marshall is very talented, but with running backs it is tough to tell how ready they will be as freshmen.
    I think Marshall is better fit for Oregon's offensive scheme anyways. Not that Carson was bad but he made the right move for himself by transferring. He was good but not in the right offense for someone like him. Ive heard Marshall being compared to a cross between LMJ and JStew potentially and I will take that anyday. Hopefully he can put that all together earlier than later.

Also, about Sumler, I was sad to see him leave because I remember being so pumped when we got him with his speed and being from Florida for some reason but not worried. You have to be able to block in this offense and my guess is he got pushed back on the depth chart because he couldn't and the other Frosh could.

Can't wait for this season. ESPN even labeled our D a SEC type Defense so we will see. Dion Jordan, Michael Clay and Boyett are going to be a beastly!!

19 more days!!!!!!!

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    I thought I should post something seeing that Brady is owning the boards ha!

I am going to come out and say it: I don't trust Kenyon Barner. Sure he has made some unbelievable and awesome plays. But to be the main back for the entire year, I don't trust it. I am not saying I don't like the guy because I think he is awesome but I hope I am proved wrong on this.

Sure we got DAT but I am just weary about Barner all year. The guy gets hurt all the time and he is not LMJ. I keep hearing good things about Byron Marshall and that he is making good strides in practice. I hope he can step up and ease some pressure on Barner.

I just hope I am wrong on this.
    I agree I'm nervous about Barner, but I also believe we will not completely rely on Barner this year. I really think the key to our season will be how well does our new qb lead the offense, making the right reads while limiting the mistakes. I trust CK and the rest of this coaching staff to have them ready and put them in position to succeed. I'm hoping with our weak starting out schedule that all the kinks will get worked out before the tougher part of the schedule kicks in.

vCash
    Pac-12 top 25 for 2012:

16. John Boyett, S, Oregon

2011 numbers: Boyett recorded 108 tackles, including 3.5 for a loss and a sack. He also had an interception, seven pass defenses and two blocked kicks.

2011 postseason ranking: Unranked

Making the case for Boyett: Boyett, second team All-Pac-12 in 2011, is heading into his fourth year as a starter for the Ducks and is a top All-American candidate. The 5-foot-11, 202-pound senior was Oregon's leading tackler for the second time in three seasons in 2011 and has piled up 276 tackles during an outstanding career. His 8.3 tackles per game last year ranked fourth in the conference and first among defensive backs. The Ducks ranked third in the Pac-12 in pass efficiency defense in 2011, despite being young at cornerback, and Boyett's brains and leadership deserve some credit for that. Want to start an argument in Eugene -- or with Boyett? Say USC's T.J. McDonald is the best safety in the Pac-12. Both have been named to watch lists for Bednarik Award (defense), Bronko Nagurski Trophy (defense) and Jim Thorpe Award (defensive back).
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...for-2012-no-16

13. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon

2011 numbers: Rushed for 939 yards and 11 TDs. Also caught 17 passes for 184 yards and three TDs.

2011 postseason ranking: unranked

Making the case for Barner: Barner makes the biggest leap in the top 25 for an unranked player from 2011, in large part because the Pac-12's best backup running backs now becomes one of its best running backs. Perhaps the best. Barner's 78.2 yards rushing per game ranked eighth in the conference in 2011, which is pretty impressive for a backup. He also averaged a stout 6.2 yards per carry, which ranked third in the conference. That average shouldn't be surprising because Barner has averaged more than 6 yards per carry the past three seasons while backing up LaMichael James. He enters his senior season with 1,856 career rushing yards and 27 total TDs. Further, when James was hurt, Barner always proved a more than adequate replacement. He rushed for 171 yards on 31 carries against Arizona State, the first of three consecutive games over 100 yards rushing when James was banged up. His fourth 100-yard rushing game last year came against USC, when he went for 123 yards on 15 carries with two scores. And don't forget Barner's ability as a receiver. He caught two passes for 52 yards and a TD against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, and it may be unwise to view De'Anthony Thomas as the only Duck who can strike from multiple positions on the field. Not many returning backups get named to watch lists for the Maxwell Award (college player of the year), the Doak Walker Award (running back) and the Paul Hornung Award (most versatile player). Finally, Barner, who is best buds with James, is a humble, team-first guy who also can be insightful when talking about the Ducks, as you can see in this video. That doesn't count in these rankings, but it seems like it's worth noting.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...for-2012-no-13

vCash
    Sneak Peek at the Ducks new Uni's!!!!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ak-peak-inside

They look good. Oregon is always one step ahead of everyone else in the jersey department. I remember everyone freaked out 10 years ago when Oregon started coming out with all these "crazy" uniforms but now look at everyone else in the country. Half the teams are doing it now.

Plus, Oregon still keeps it clean cut. They don't go overboard to impress like Notre Dame or Maryland have. They keep it so it still looks good and is not sore on the eyes!

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    I'm glad they're going back to the lighter green.

vCash

vCash
    I'm hoping they give a few pairs of those away to the students like they did with the Pit Crew shoes last season.

vCash
    ^ the Pit Crew Jordans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    ^ the Pit Crew Jordans?
    Yeah, that's them. I got a pair of the black ones last season, and they're so sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Yeah, that's them. I got a pair of the black ones last season, and they're so sick.
    You have the Jordan 3s? Do you have any idea how much those are worth?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    You have the Jordan 3s? Do you have any idea how much those are worth?
    I don't collect Jordan's, so I don't have a great idea about it. However, there were some people offering me 500 bucks right after got the shoes outside Matt Knight Arena, so I figured out that they were very valuable. I won't be selling them though.

I'll post some pictures of the shoes when I get home from work later.

vCash

vCash
    Holy crap! I had no idea that they were worth that much! I'll be holding onto them and hopefully they continue to gain in value. Here are the pics of my shoes:

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast