Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Elijah George and Juwaan Williams committed. George is a high upside offensive linemen that will need a year in the weight room to be able to contribute. He's got a big frame and is amazingly athletic for his size. Williams is probably going to play safety for the Ducks. Even though he is a 3 star, this is guy that has been near the top of the Duck recruiting board since the beginning of the cycle. Neal really likes this player, and we all know how good he is at finding talent. Williams is also very intelligent, so he should be a great addition all-around.

Johnny Ragin is probably going to get offered today. Expect him to flip on Cal.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    James Scales was dismissed from the program a few days ago due to a violation of team rules. I don't know what he did to get dismissed though.

vCash
    Ron Aiken has been hired as the next defensive line coach. Huge pickup, and he will fit in great with the staff. What he wants out of his defensive linemen will fit perfectly with our scheme, and his experience in the NFL and at Iowa are tremendous. Helfrich has hit a home run with Aiken and Lubick, and that's great to see.

Also, Damian Hobbs has committed to Oregon. He's very raw at QB, but his upside is spectacular. If he doesn't pan out at QB, he has the ability to play WR or even LB. He's 6 foot 3 220-plus pounds and can run great. Kind of reminds me of Chris Harper, and we all know he ended up having a good career at Kansas State as a receiver. Oregon won't be pursuing Tanner McEvoy and is done at QB.

vCash
    Ron Aiken officially named defensive line coach at Oregon
    Ron Aiken, who spent the past six years among the most respected defensive line mentors in the NFL while accumulating 23 years of experience as a defensive assistant at the Division I and professional levels, has been named defensive line coach at the University of Oregon, according to the Ducks’ head football coach Mark Helfrich.

The 57-year-old South Carolina native replaces Jerry Azzinaro, who left the program to pursue other coaching opportunities.

Aiken joins the Ducks following six seasons as defensive line coach with the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (2007-12) and eight years tutoring the defensive line at the University of Iowa (1999-2006).

“Ron Aiken is an icon in the defensive line community,” Helfrich said. “His vast experience – coaching in all phases at the high school, college and pro level – will complement our current staff.

“When speaking with former colleagues and players he coached, three words came up every time: fundamentals, respect and character. We are excited to welcome Ron and his wife, Sheryl, into the Oregon family.”

During his NFL tenure, he played a role in the development of three-time All-Pro defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, who led the league’s interior linemen in quarterback sacks in 2007 (9) and 2009 (7), and tied the franchise record for most sacks in a single season by a defensive tackle the former year. Aiken also aided in the emergence of defensive end Calais Campbell, who led or shared the team lead in QB takedowns in 2011 (8), 2010 (6) and 2009 (7) before pacing all Arizona linemen in 2012 (6.5).

The Cardinals tied for 11th in the NFL with 38 sacks and were 12th in total defense (337.8 avg.) this past season. They ranked in the upper half of the league in quarterback sacks in five of his six campaigns in Phoenix, including sixth and seventh in the NFL in 2009 (43) and 2011 (42), respectively.

In Aiken’s first year at Arizona, it finished ninth in the NFL in rushing defense (97.9 avg.) in 2007 after ranking 16th the previous year.

“This is a great opportunity for me to be at the University of Oregon and to assist with the continuation of the success they have enjoyed here,” Aiken said. “Wherever I have coached, my goal has always been to do what I can to help win football games. I love teaching the fundamentals of the game as well as coming up with the schemes that will contribute to the development of young men.”

At Iowa, Aiken was honored as the Division I Assistant Coach of the Year by the American Football Coaches Association in 2002, helping the Hawkeyes to six straight post-season appearances from 2001-06. The program ranked among the nation’s top eight teams against the run from 2002-04, allowing opponents fewer than 100 yards per game rushing each year, and rated among the top three programs in the Big Ten Conference in rushing defense from 2001-2005.

Iowa ranked fifth in the country in rushing defense in 2002 (81.9 avg.) and 2004 (92.5 avg.), along with seventh in scoring defense (16.2 avg.) and 16th in total defense (314.5 avg.) in 2003, and 11th in total defense (293.8 avg.) and 16th in scoring defense (17.6 avg.) in ’04.

During his Iowa City stint he tutored a quintet of future NFL players, including two-time (2006-07) Pro Bowl pick Aaron Kampman (Green Bay) and Jonathan Babineaux, who ranked second in the country in tackles for loss (25) as a collegian in 2004. In addition, he coached one All-American and seven first-team Big Ten all-conference selections in his eight seasons there.

Prior to joining the Hawkeyes, Aiken coached linebackers at San Diego State in 1998, where all three of his linebackers earned all-conference accolades; tutored the defensive tackles at Texas in 1997; worked with the defensive line at Vanderbilt in 1995 and ’96; and oversaw the linebackers and defensive ends at New Mexico from 1990-94.

The 1977 graduate of North Carolina A&T broke into the profession as an offensive line coach at Boiling Springs (S.C.) High School that fall before becoming head coach at Greensville County (Va.) High School in 1979. He migrated to the collegiate ranks as offensive line and special teams coach at Bethany College (Kan.) in 1980 prior to becoming the offensive coordinator at Tarkio (Mo.) College in 1982, spent one season as special team’s coordinator at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (N.Y.) in 1985, and then served as head coach at Langston (OK) University from 1986-89.

Aiken was an all-conference offensive lineman and 1976 team captain at North Carolina A&T, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in history, before receiving a masters in secondary education from The Citadel in 1982.

He and his wife, Sheryl, have three sons – Matthew, Stephen and Joshua.
    Source: GoDucks.com

vCash

vCash
    Dontre Wilson is flipping to Ohio State and the Twins may go to UW...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Dontre Wilson is flipping to Ohio State and the Twins may go to UW...
    Oh yeah.. DW is gone probably. Why hold a press conf. to say your staying somewhere???

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    Oh yeah.. DW is gone probably. Why hold a press conf. to say your staying somewhere???
    Yup, it doesn't make much sense. I'm hoping Carrington's announcement tonight is not like Wilson's, but I won't be shocked if he goes ASU...

vCash
    Sources say Robinson Bros. really a 50/50 shot with #Oregon and #Washington
    https://twitter.com/adamgorney/statu...36339363061760

Thought you might be interested not sure if they will split or not one seems more interested in UW then the other one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    https://twitter.com/adamgorney/statu...36339363061760

Thought you might be interested not sure if they will split or not one seems more interested in UW then the other one.
    There's no way they split. It sounds more likely they both go to UW, but we'll see. They've gone underground.

vCash
    I just dont understand why any right minded kid would pick the purple puppies over the ducks in football???

vCash
    I just dont understand why any right minded kid would pick the purple puppies over the ducks in football???
    Tosh Lupoi has mad X-Box 360 skills.

vCash
    Tosh is weaksauce. I would love to get Cameron Hunt. I hope he sticks with us as Ive heard he is going to flip from Cal to Oregon. Need to get those Robinson twins as well. Hope they dont pull a Shaq Thompson and I heard Prevot is down to Texas A&M and Oregon. The Aggies already have 5 DLine commits so hopefully Torrodney Prevot plays the numbers game and comes to Oregon!!! WTD tomorrow!!!!

vCash
    Tyree Robinson just informed me he and his brother WILL announce their decision "later tonight" #SigningDay #Oregon #Washington
    https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/stat...93112288366592

My guess is Oregon i don't have anything just a feeling at least we won't have to wait till tomorrow.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    Tosh is weaksauce. I would love to get Cameron Hunt. I hope he sticks with us as Ive heard he is going to flip from Cal to Oregon. Need to get those Robinson twins as well. Hope they dont pull a Shaq Thompson and I heard Prevot is down to Texas A&M and Oregon. The Aggies already have 5 DLine commits so hopefully Torrodney Prevot plays the numbers game and comes to Oregon!!! WTD tomorrow!!!!
    Oregon probably gets Hunt, and Prevot is gonna be an Aggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/stat...93112288366592

My guess is Oregon i don't have anything just a feeling at least we won't have to wait till tomorrow.
    I've heard UW from people I trust, but there hasn't been anything definitive. If they go to UW, then it appears that Tyree's hopes of playing bball for Romar beat out the football side.

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast