Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Did you live over at Chase Village?
    First 2 months I was in Eugene yes then they moved me to Franklyn Village it was across the river.. but I would sit on my balcony and hear the chants just as good
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Just got back from vacation from the best coast. I saw a ton Ducks gear all over the place. I cannot wait for this season to start.

I'm thinking about heading to the Cal or USC game this year since there is nothing out by me. What games are you guys going to?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    I know how u feel, I used to live in McKenna
    I have a lot of friends who live at McKenna and Duck Village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    First 2 months I was in Eugene yes then they moved me to Franklyn Village it was across the river.. but I would sit on my balcony and hear the chants just as good
    Cool man. It's amazing how you can hear the crowd from the apartments over there, and you can hear Don Essig (our PA announcer) for miles.

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Just got back from vacation from the best coast. I saw a ton Ducks gear all over the place. I cannot wait for this season to start.

I'm thinking about heading to the Cal or USC game this year since there is nothing out by me. What games are you guys going to?
    Well, I'm going to every home game! Cal would be a cool game to go to since Memorial Stadium was renovated, but obviously the USC game is the game everyone wants to see. By the way, I probably wouldn't buy tickets in the Duck section if you go to the SC game. I've had some buddies who made the trip to USC in the past, and the seats that the Duck section gets are absolutely terrible. You can't really see that much of the action.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Also, Oregon is ranked 5th in the USA Today Coach's Poll.

ESPN

vCash
    York expects to be ready for the opener
    Senior offensive guard Carson York said he expects "100 percent" to play in Oregon's opener Sept. 1 against Arkansas State, less than eight months after suffering a major knee injury in the Ducks' Rose Bowl victory.

"It's my senior year, I plan on playing every game," York said. "My goal right after the surgery was that I was going to come back and rehab and I was going to be as strong at the end of the summer as I was last summer. And I've either met or exceeded all my lifts from the end of last summer, which is a pretty hard thing to do coming off a massive knee injury. So now I need to take the next step. You can't replicate football. I'll go out today (at practice) and I'll find out a lot today. I'm confident it will go pretty well."

With the loss of Darrion Weems and Mark Asper from last year's unit, York is the most experienced member of Oregon's offensive line. He has started 36 of 40 games since 2009.

"It's a new challenge," York said. "I've been doing this for the last three or four years, and you find new (challenges). But this is a whole different ballgame. Going through this camp, dealing with this knee, it's a new challenge. So I'm excited to go forward and see how it goes."

The projected starters along with York include senior tackle Nick Cody, sophomore center Hroniss Grasu, senior guard Ryan Clanton and sophomore tackle Jake Fisher. The Ducks also have a touted group of redshirt freshmen, including Tyler Johnstone, James Euscher and Andre Yruretagoyena.

"It's going to be really good," York said. "We lost Darrion and Mark, who were sort of mainstays you could always count on, guys who could always do the right thing. We have guys coming up now that are probably more talented than any of us old-guard guys. But they need to take the next step, and go from just being really talented and really good to somebody we can count on every play, and not make mistakes young guys make. That's probably the goal for the young guys this camp."
    Source: The Register Guard

vCash
    Also, Colt Lyerla is not currently with the team. I've heard that it is a minor issue and that he should be available by the end of the week.

vCash
    Roster Updates
    The absence of redshirt freshman linebacker Carlyle Garrick is the most notable update to Oregon's fall camp roster, which has been set at an NCAA-mandated 105 for the start of practices today.

Garrick, a former three-star recruit from Castro Valley, Calif., missed his senior year of high school due to injury. The issue lingered into his first season at Oregon, where he played outside linebacker.

Also notable was the naming of positions for two incoming freshmen. Bralon Addison, who could play any number of skill position, is listed as a receiver, and Terrence Daniel will play tight end rather than defensive end.

The Ducks also shuffled their walk-ons to bolster positions of need. New to the roster are running backs Bill Chimphalee (6-0, 210), a junior from Kenai, Alaska, and Lane Roseberry (6-1, 230), a freshman from Bly, along with freshman linebacker Dawson Housley (6-3, 200) of Eugene and junior offensive lineman Hushun Smith (6-3, 323) of Los Angeles.

Walk-ons left off the preseason camp roster after practicing in the spring were receiver Miles Johnson, offensive lineman Brandon Thomas and defensive linemen Ryan McCandless and Axel McQuaw.

The roster can be expanded beyond 105 players following Oregon's first game.

Source: Link to full roster that includes heights and weights

vCash
    Barner on summer workouts
    Senior running back Kenjon Barner was displeased with what he saw at a few of Oregon's voluntary summer workouts but overall felt the Ducks had a productive summer.

"I felt good about it," Barner said. "There were a few days I was pissed off, but that happens. You're not going to have a great day every day. But the goal is to go out and have the mindset to have a great day."

Preseason camp is the key time to build team chemistry and establish leadership roles, but summer workouts are important in those regards as well. Players did conditioning drills with strength coach Jim Radcliffe four afternoons per week, and many gathered an hour or so earlier to hold mock practices with no coaches in attendance.

Attendance is officially voluntary, though team leaders push for maximum participation.

"One day I was pissed off about numbers; only one, though, only one day," Barner said. "Another day, just pissed off about execution. But overall, I was extremely happy. Guys were out there competing in seven-on-seven and one-on-one. When it came to running (conditioning drills) guys were competing. So overall I was very happy."

vCash
    Source: Chip Kelly talks about the quarterbacks and the loss of David Paulson

Source: More stuff from Chip Kelly

Source: Mark Helfrich talks about the QB battle
    Oregon quarterbacks coach Mark Helfrich spoke with reporters today after the Ducks' opening practice of fall camp, and said it's key for him to keep "an open mind" as the team's quarterback battle plays out.

The Ducks have sophomore Bryan Bennett and redshirt freshman Marcus Mariota competing to replace Darron Thomas as the starter, plus veteran walk-on Dustin Haines and true freshmen Jake Rodrigues and Jeff Lockie on hand.

"Those older guys, you want to see a command and a confidence," Helfrich said. "Taking care of the ball and scoring points, that's the thing obviously that those guys, that's their mission. I thought they were confident today; decent command. There's so many moving parts in a practice like this, and that's where the open mind part comes in. We have a lot of insertion before you can really start (evaluations). It's kind of a do-your-job situation, and for those returners, you'd like to have do-your-job plus a little bit — managing, line up the true freshman, help the left guard. And those guys did a good job of that today.

"And at the same time, Jake's out there for the first time, Jeff's out there for the first time, and both those guys did some good things. So you never know. As soon as you get that deal in your mind, 'I really think it's going to be this guy,' the other guy has a great day. So there's no urgency for that decision. There's urgency for every play, and just letting those guys compete. And today was a very productive day."

I asked how much of the decision is objective — analytics like completion percentage and such in practice — and how much comes down to subjective impressions about which guy might be best in games.

"It's definitely both," Helfrich said. "I think we'll be in a situation hopefully where you're able to be as objective as possible, of, it really is who scores the ball, who takes care of it. Who throws the ball into the stands with 6 seconds left in the first half, and who forces the pick. Whatever those kind of scenarios that we'll place them in, and the outcome they dictate. And that's the other thing, too. We're trying to get the best product for Oregon football. It's not Bryan vs. Marcus. It's not Romney-Obama. It's, let's have the best product on the field. They're helping each other; they did a good job of that today, and that's something we always stress with our guys. If you can teach it, and you're helping somebody out, you're getting better. You're knowing your job inside and out if you can do that."

Ultimately, Helfrich said, "It plays out. Somebody usually steps up and makes the decision for you. We don't decide, we evaluate. That's where those guys can stake their claim or make their case or whatever the buzz phrase is. Those guys do it. We don't do it."

vCash
    Holy posts Brady!

Good to hear about Carson. What's your take on the QB situation? I know you always have the inside scoop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Holy posts Brady!

Good to hear about Carson. What's your take on the QB situation? I know you always have the inside scoop.
    I'm such a post whore

Everything I have heard indicates that Mariota will be the starting quarterback, but the competition will be close. Bennett did well in summer workouts, but Mariota is a much more polished pure passer, and I doubt Bennett can change that. Bennett probably has the edge in running ability, but the difference is not significant enough to make a big difference. Also, even though Bennett has an extra year in the system, it still won't make a difference. Mariota is a really smart person, and no one questions his knowledge of the system. I could be wrong, but every sign points to Mariota winning the job.

vCash
    Breaking news from @QuackCave: Oregon redshirt freshman WR Tacoi Sumler has decided to transfer. Ducks wish him all the best #GoDucks
    Source: Andy McNamara

This is a bummer, but it isn't the end of the world. Addison by all accounts has looked fantastic, and it seemed like he would be passing Sumler on the depth chart very quickly.

vCash
    It sounds like Bennett is having a really good Fall Camp. Should be a great competition.

vCash
    I thought I should post something seeing that Brady is owning the boards ha!

I am going to come out and say it: I don't trust Kenyon Barner. Sure he has made some unbelievable and awesome plays. But to be the main back for the entire year, I don't trust it. I am not saying I don't like the guy because I think he is awesome but I hope I am proved wrong on this.

Sure we got DAT but I am just weary about Barner all year. The guy gets hurt all the time and he is not LMJ. I keep hearing good things about Byron Marshall and that he is making good strides in practice. I hope he can step up and ease some pressure on Barner.

I just hope I am wrong on this.

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast