Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hear you Brady, but at this point I don't really care how we get there. Alabama didn't win their conference and they got in. This team has gotten the short end of the stick many a time. It would even things out a bit if Oregon got in there.

Just found out the Civil War will be on the Pac 12 network, which I don't have. I'm gonna have to find a way to catch the game
    Last edited by Mell413; 11-20-2012 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    If FSU routes Florida, Kstate loses to Texas and Oregon st plays oregon close...Dont be surprised if FSU makes quite a big jump. Right up on Oregons tail if not just pass them. All its going to take is for the computers to "like" FSU and a big win of UF could do just that. They gain 5 positions in the computer rankings, thus affecting the BCS...They could very well get into the argument and fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    If FSU routes Florida, Kstate loses to Texas and Oregon st plays oregon close...Dont be surprised if FSU makes quite a big jump. Right up on Oregons tail if not just pass them. All its going to take is for the computers to "like" FSU and a big win of UF could do just that. They gain 5 positions in the computer rankings, thus affecting the BCS...They could very well get into the argument and fast.
    Let me preface this by saying that FSU deserves to be under serious consideration if this scenario plays out. With that being said, it just doesn't seem plausible. The computers absolutely hate FSU, and many of them have them outside the top 20. FSU is getting killed by their non-conference schedule, and the ACC has totally screwed them.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Also, I'll be heading to Corvallis for the Civil War. Should be a great game, and I'm not concerned about the team not being focused. The Beavers will punch us in the mouth if the Ducks aren't ready, and I'm sure Chip has echoed this sentiment. Also, I'm not worried about the offense being stagnant versus the Beavers. They don't have nearly the amount of dynamic linebackers that Stanford has, and Chip has dominated their DC Mark Banker's defense every year. Hell, even when Roper was the QB we still put up points on them.

vCash
    Hoping for a good close game, super nervous after getting trounced the last few civil war's.

I'll be at the game too, Brady. My brother made some calls & I'm randomly staying with Mana Rosa(#93) & Michael Philipp(#77), hopefully there's a huge victory party after the game.

Anyway if you see a drunken fool in a Lyons #53 jersey, you should definitely buy him a beer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Hoping for a good close game, super nervous after getting trounced the last few civil war's.

I'll be at the game too, Brady. My brother made some calls & I'm randomly staying with Mana Rosa(#93) & Michael Philipp(#77), hopefully there's a huge victory party after the game.

Anyway if you see a drunken fool in a Lyons #53 jersey, you should definitely buy him a beer
    That's awesome man, have a great time! I'll be going to the game with a bunch of my buddies who go to Oregon State, so it should be fun!

vCash
    We own the Civil War!!!! Even if Oregon doesn't get a shot at a Rose Bowl bid, we will at the very least be going to a BCS bowl game. Impressed with the way Oregon responded, and Reser Stadium was pretty empty after our barrage!

vCash
    I couldn't see the game, but I'm glad Oregon got the win. They could have let last weeks loss come into today's game, but they didn't. At least they will get a BCS game. Although I'm kind of disappointed because I think they would have been a worthy opponent for ND. Too bad it didn't work out that way. That's the price you pay for not being in the SEC I guess.

If/when Chip leaves it would have been nice to see him walk out after winning a title. From what I read from Canzano it sounds like Chip has one more game with the Ducks. Hopefully he can go out a winner even if it's not for the title. I would guess we would get an SEC opponent right? Even though the championship is the ultimate goal if Oregon can face say Florida and put up some points I would be happy with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I couldn't see the game, but I'm glad Oregon got the win. They could have let last weeks loss come into today's game, but they didn't. At least they will get a BCS game. Although I'm kind of disappointed because I think they would have been a worthy opponent for ND. Too bad it didn't work out that way. That's the price you pay for not being in the SEC I guess.

If/when Chip leaves it would have been nice to see him walk out after winning a title. From what I read from Canzano it sounds like Chip has one more game with the Ducks. Hopefully he can go out a winner even if it's not for the title. I would guess we would get an SEC opponent right? Even though the championship is the ultimate goal if Oregon can face say Florida and put up some points I would be happy with that
    Sounds like it will be the Fiesta Bowl versus Kansas State. However, if Kansas State loses, then it would be Oklahoma.

As for Chip leaving, it sounds like that is very likely at this point. I don't think Canzano actually has sources that are privy to Chip's plans (Canzano is an idiot), but it seems likely that Chip will take his shot at the NFL. Helfrich is going to take over the reigns, and Chip has been giving him more responsibilities this season..

vCash
    Yeah I heard they would likely play K state after I made my post. It's probably a more entertaining game than the Rose Bowl to be honest. I'd rather play one of the SEC teams so they can at least gain something from it. I don't think they can gain much playing Oklahoma or K state

vCash
    Hate you guys but congrats on the win.

Brady, grab some food @ The Broken Yolk before you leave, best hangover cure ever!

vCash
    Hate you guys but congrats on the win.

Brady, grab some food @ The Broken Yolk before you leave, best hangover cure ever!
    Thanks, and the Beavs still had a great season. Riley has the Beavs moving back into the right direction.

Never been there, I always go to Local Boyz when I want food. What does Broken Yolk serve?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Thanks, and the Beavs still had a great season. Riley has the Beavs moving back into the right direction.

Never been there, I always go to Local Boyz when I want food. What does Broken Yolk serve?
    Broken Yolk has a killer breakfast, way better than Local Boyz Hawaiian Bbq.

vCash
    First off, I watched the game and we played well.

What I don't understand and this shows you how screwed up the BCS standings are. We win the civil war in Corvallis and basically kill them offensively and defensively.

We move down in the rankings!
    They move up in the rankings!!

Seriously that computer needs a new life.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Broken Yolk has a killer breakfast, way better than Local Boyz Hawaiian Bbq.
    May have to check that place out next time I'm in Corvallis. I'll probably go to Corvallis to hang out with some of my friends at least a couple of times, so I'm stoked to check that place out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    First off, I watched the game and we played well.

What I don't understand and this shows you how screwed up the BCS standings are. We win the civil war in Corvallis and basically kill them offensively and defensively.

We move down in the rankings!
    They move up in the rankings!!

Seriously that computer needs a new life.
    The BCS and logic do not go hand-in-hand

Also, it's going to be sad that Oregon isn't going to be the conference champion again. Helluva run, and still a terrific season, but it would have been awesome to get another conference title. Too bad we will likely have to wait until January 3rd to see the Ducks play again.

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast