Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Redmond decommitted due to style of offense. He said that he felt he committed too early, and isn't sure if his blocking style really meshes with Oregon's zone-blocking scheme. He may end up being a Duck after-all, but I'm guessing he goes to Washington....
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Huge game for the Seniors.

I'm going to have to DVR the first half of the game. Last time I did that was the USC game last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Huge game for the Seniors.

I'm going to have to DVR the first half of the game. Last time I did that was the USC game last year
    If we lose, you should blame me instead. I sent in my time-off request form today for the National Title. If I had waited, then I would have had to work, but I feel terrible about it!

vCash
    "It never rains at Autzen Stadium," but I'm still hoping it doesn't actually rain. Walking over to the stadium in just a few minutes. Can't wait!

Go Ducks!

vCash
    Well that game sucked. Stanford was the better team and Oregon made too many mistakes. They controlled their own fate and thats all that you can ask, but they wasted it. Sucks they might not even get a BCS bowl after all this. Looks like we could get an all SEC championship game again. Yay! What a **** way for Chip Kelly to go if this is indeed it for him, which I think it will be (just speculation on my part)

vCash
    Stanford played a little better on defense, but i think that the referees made some terrible mistakes that cost us. Stopping our momentum when they couldn't decide whether it was first or third down. The two non calls toward the end of the game when we were driving. And of course the td. He was still bobbling it when his shoulder landed out of bounds. At any rate i don't think that there was enough evidence to overturn the call made on the field. Like Kirk said it could have went either way. And if that's the case then you go with what was called.....incomplete pass.

vCash
    Even after having time to cool down a bit I'm still upset over DAT missing that block. That could have changed the complexion of the game. Plus he ran some bad routes and made a bad decision on a punt. He obviously didn't play his best game last night. Nobody on offense really played well so I'm not singling him out. I'm still surprised Stanford was able to limit the big plays in the running game. They had so much trouble the last 3 years stopping this offense and this years offense was probably the best they have had.

Also I hate kickers. Sucks that our kicking game has been a factor in their last 2 losses. I'll give credit to the defense though. They came to play. Would have been nice if Ifkpe would have made that INT. I also thought there was a false start on that 4th and 1 that they didn't call. I think there were a few others plays that were similar as well that didn't get called. I didn't think there was enough to overturn that TD either. I think there was still some doubt there. I hate blaming the refs, but they didn't do their best either. Not saying thats why Oregon lost, but they certainly missed some calls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior63 View Post
    Stanford played a little better on defense, but i think that the referees made some terrible mistakes that cost us. Stopping our momentum when they couldn't decide whether it was first or third down. The two non calls toward the end of the game when we were driving. And of course the td. He was still bobbling it when his shoulder landed out of bounds. At any rate i don't think that there was enough evidence to overturn the call made on the field. Like Kirk said it could have went either way. And if that's the case then you go with what was called.....incomplete pass.
    You need to give Stanford more credit on D, they slowed down the Offense that nobody else could.

Even with that bad call where the ref's couldn't figure out which down it was, Duck's scored & took the lead but let Stanford march down the field & answer. (Btw that was one of the most embarassing call's I've ever seen, how do you forget which down it is?)

As for the other play it really seemed like it was a gut call, like you said it could've gone either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Even after having time to cool down a bit I'm still upset over DAT missing that block. That could have changed the complexion of the game. Plus he ran some bad routes and made a bad decision on a punt. He obviously didn't play his best game last night. Nobody on offense really played well so I'm not singling him out. I'm still surprised Stanford was able to limit the big plays in the running game. They had so much trouble the last 3 years stopping this offense and this years offense was probably the best they have had.

Also I hate kickers. Sucks that our kicking game has been a factor in their last 2 losses. I'll give credit to the defense though. They came to play. Would have been nice if Ifkpe would have made that INT. I also thought there was a false start on that 4th and 1 that they didn't call. I think there were a few others plays that were similar as well that didn't get called. I didn't think there was enough to overturn that TD either. I think there was still some doubt there. I hate blaming the refs, but they didn't do their best either. Not saying thats why Oregon lost, but they certainly missed some calls
    The key to Stanford stopping Oregon was them setting the edge & bottling Oregon inside, amazing execution by Stanford D to actually pull it off. After watching Stanford come back last week against my Beavers, I had huge respect for that defensive line, especially their NT eating up all those blocks consistently.

From the limited times I've seen the Ducks this year, it seems like the Oregon is always ahead late in games. So it's understandable nerves come into play when asking a guy to make a big play who's rarely in these sort of situations.

Refs didn't help but they did not effect the outcome of the game IMO, Oregon has chances to win but didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Very sad, and very hungover. Stanford played their ***** off and did not allow our playmakers to get in-space. They also constantly made Mariota go on the move and did not give him the option of tucking the ball and running. Incredible defensive gameplan, and they more than proved that they have one of the best defenses in college football.

It's going to be awhile before I get over this one, but hopefully the team has a short memory. Tough game coming up in Corvallis, and the season is far from over.

vCash
    Edit: After thinking some more I do have some hope. I could see UCLA beating Stanford seeing that game is at home. I can see FSU beating Florida at home. The only worry I have is USC beating Notre Dame. Stranger things have happened. If USC has one more good game left in them I hope this is it.
    Last edited by Mell413; 11-19-2012 at 06:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Edit: After thinking some more I do have some hope. I could see UCLA beating Stanford seeing that game is at home. I can see FSU beating Florida at home. The only worry I have is USC beating Notre Dame. Stranger things have happened. If USC has one more good game left in them I hope this is it.
    First off, what a bad feeling. I honestly thought we would go all the way this year.

Someone please correct me as I might be wrong but we need 5 things to happen to have a shot at the BCS title game.

1st. Stanford must lose against UCLA
    2nd. USC needs to beat Notre Dame
    3rd. WE of course need to win the Civil War game
    4th. Then we need to beat UCLA in the title game
    5th. Something has to happen in Florida..

WOW . From going to one of the favorites, we are potentially seeing us not even play in the Rose Bowl...

Big blow.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Stanford doesn't need to lose to UCLA.

#1 ND - loses to USC
    #2 Bama and #3 Georgia play each other, so one of them will fall
    #4 Florida loses to Florida state.
    #5 Oregon wins out

Oregon plays one-loss SEC team in NC

Need Notre Dame and Florida to lose this week and its very possible they do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Stanford doesn't need to lose to UCLA.

#1 ND - loses to USC
    #2 Bama and #3 Georgia play each other, so one of them will fall
    #4 Florida loses to Florida state.
    #5 Oregon wins out

Oregon plays one-loss SEC team in NC

Need Notre Dame and Florida to lose this week and its very possible they do
    Alternatively, Oregon would jump Florida probably IF:

UCLA beats Stanford, Oregons beats Oregon St and UCLA

So ND has to lose no matter what, then one of Stanford/Florida and win out

vCash
    ND losing to USC is the only one I don't feel too confident on. I also felt good going into Saturdays game and Stanford won. Strange things often happen. It would be nice if Georgia would lose to Georgia Tech and beat Bama in the SEC title game. Not expecting that, but it would make it interesting

vCash
    I'll be honest and say that if we make the National Championship without winning the Pac-12 then I won't feel that is entirely fair. I'll be happy as hell that the Ducks get a shot, but I've always believed that you should win your conference to get a chance at the Natty.

Let's just beat Oregon State and see how everything pans out though. This is a tough game, and we need this one to at least get a BCS bid.

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast