Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Helfrich could be announced as the HC as early as today, but it might take time due to some of the logistics involved. Interviewing Pep Hamilton filled the requirement for interviewing a minority candidate though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    It sounds like Tyner is still def. coming if Helfrich is the coach. Whatever happens I just want Tyner. Everyone else (Robinson twins, Wilson, Carrington) can leave as long as Tyner stays. I figure its going to take a year or two for our new coach to gain the trust of recruits and all that. We have enough young talent on this team to compete BCS titles for the next 2-3 years if things get real sour.

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    It sounds like Tyner is still def. coming if Helfrich is the coach. Whatever happens I just want Tyner. Everyone else (Robinson twins, Wilson, Carrington) can leave as long as Tyner stays. I figure its going to take a year or two for our new coach to gain the trust of recruits and all that. We have enough young talent on this team to compete BCS titles for the next 2-3 years if things get real sour.
    It actually has more to do with whether or not Gary Campbell sticks around. He's def going to be at Oregon no matter what, so Tyner is going to be a Duck. I still think Oregon has a great shot at keeping the other guys mentioned. It sounds like Oregon will probably announce Helfrich as the HC by Sunday or Monday, and most of these guys have stated they just want to keep their options open just in-case there is radical change at UO. There won't be radical change, and that will be huge in keeping these guys in the fold. I did hear that Wilson may want us to offer some guy named Ayers and if we go after him then Wilson and Daeshon Hall would come to Oregon as well. I don't think it is a power play though, it is more of a situation where this would clinch Wilson and Hall to Oregon.

vCash
    Cameron Hunt, Zach Cunningham, and Jake Pisarcik are all visiting right now. I think we still have a shot at Hunt, but definitely some stiff competition. Cal is also getting the last shot to impress him, and Ohio State and Michigan are in the mix. If Oregon announces Helfrich as the coach tomorrow, that could create a lot of buzz and push him to want to commit. It sounds like it might be until Monday though. Cunningham is a long-shot though. His Mom wants him to go to Auburn, so I'm guessing that's what will happen. If his Mom had joined him on the OV, I'd have more faith in potentially swaying him. Torrodney Prevot might be visiting as well, but there has been no confirmation. Would be a huge surprise if he chose Oregon anyway.

vCash
    Looks like Helfrich is the man!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Daeshon hall would be awesome but U thought he verb. to Wash. Maybe he will flip! Wash won't be too happy bout that. Although the last time someone last second flipped from UW to Oregon was Alejandro Maldonaldo. YIKES

vCash
    Hah, I was at a party and heard the news and everyone started yelling Helfrich!!!! Let the Helfrich era begin!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zack4070 View Post
    Daeshon hall would be awesome but U thought he verb. to Wash. Maybe he will flip! Wash won't be too happy bout that. Although the last time someone last second flipped from UW to Oregon was Alejandro Maldonaldo. YIKES
    He is committed to UW. Oregon's gonna visit them on Wednesday also.

Scott Frost is the offensive coordinator as well.

vCash
    I'm happy for Mark. Hopefully he can keep this thing rolling. This would help with recruiting I would think. I did like his joke at the press conference when he said what's the diference between he and Chip: "I won't wear a visor and I'll eat more vegetables"

vCash
    Here's a link to the entire press conference: KEZI

Helfrich isn't the same snarky New Englander that I had grown fond of with Chip, but he's pretty funny in his own right. Also, he had an in-home visit with Tyner today, and all went well. Oregon looks poised to close strong in recruiting once again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Here's a link to the entire press conference: KEZI

Helfrich isn't the same snarky New Englander that I had grown fond of with Chip, but he's pretty funny in his own right. Also, he had an in-home visit with Tyner today, and all went well. Oregon looks poised to close strong in recruiting once again.
    Thanks for that, I still wonder if he will be able to continue keeping this team in check (especially off the field) I will doubt until I see what he does. (I hope it doesn't mean a LaGarette blount type incident) but I just want to see how he handles it
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    Thanks for that, I still wonder if he will be able to continue keeping this team in check (especially off the field) I will doubt until I see what he does. (I hope it doesn't mean a LaGarette blount type incident) but I just want to see how he handles it
    Yeah, and it is always an ongoing process for a new HC in regards to getting the respect of the players. This should be an easier accomplishment since the players already know Helfrich.

vCash
    Ok I gotta admit I'm feeling a lot better right about now. We made a good decision for HC as far as recruiting goes. More importantly the system will basically stay the same in which case as long as current commits still believe in Oregon then they will stick around. I'm going to reserve judgement as far as Helfrich is concerned. I believe he is ultimately the best man for the job, but I hope he's prepared for the responsibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Ok I gotta admit I'm feeling a lot better right about now. We made a good decision for HC as far as recruiting goes. More importantly the system will basically stay the same in which case as long as current commits still believe in Oregon then they will stick around. I'm going to reserve judgement as far as Helfrich is concerned. I believe he is ultimately the best man for the job, but I hope he's prepared for the responsibility.
    What I really like about Helfrich is that he's known as a really smart guy. Was going to become a doctor after graduating with a degree in biology, but decided he loved coaching. Chip consistently said that talking football with Helfrich was easy to do because their football IQs were in-tune, and Helfrich is definitely an X's and O's guy.

vCash
    Were is the NCAA at with the sanctions? are there any? or do we move on?
    BEAT THE KNICKS

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast