Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, this was kind of a foregone conclusion for awhile. It's a shame, because with Long in the fold next season it would have made our offensive line the best it has been since 2007 (I still would have taken the '07 line though). It will be interesting to see who steps up at both guard positions next year though. Johnstone and Fisher are young and talented bookends, and Grasu is going to get even better at center. Maybe Andre Y will take a step forward, and I'm assuming Hamani Stevens will play a lot as well.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash

vCash
    The initial article is pretty terrible. How could a booster not want Chip to be the head coach? Are they ****ing nuts?!? Who cares if Chip doesn't want to become best friends, he's out there kicking *** and winning football games. Shouldn't that be enough?

vCash
    ^Firehorse agrees with you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    ^Firehorse agrees with you
    Maybe I am firehorse?

vCash
    Also, here is what George Wrighster had to say about it. He's one of the many great Oregon tight ends in case some of you don't know who he is.
    I was scrolling through my twitter feed and could not believe my eyes when I saw this post in USA Today... 'Anonymous Oregon Boosters want Chip Kelly gone.'

This could be one of the more troubling things I have EVER read about my Ducks. Everyone knows I bleed Oregon Ducks green and yellow... and black and gray... and white and carbon fiber and (of course) chrome. I hope I speak for all the Duck faithful when I say to these "anonymous boosters": Get on board with the program AND CHIP KELLY or find another team to booster for!

Have you forgotten where we came from? We have won 3 of the last 4 PAC-12 titles and been to 4 consecutive BCS bowl games. Oregon was an afterthought in the world of powerhouses in college football. Oregon is now arguably the BIGGEST brand in the NCAA. But you want to get rid of the coach because he doesn't want to play golf with you or pretend to be your friend? Get over yourself. Chip Kelly is 45-7. That's over 85%. Find a coach with a better record than that. While you're at it, find another coach who is revolutionizing the way college football is played. I'll wait... You can't!!! I do understand that Chip can be short and keep things very close to the vest. That can be very frustrating at times but what do you want more? A football coach building a powerhouse... or a politician? You are the people that cause empires to fall and potential greatness to be ruined. There will be a day Chip leaves and we will use our "next man up" attitude but what sense does it make to try and push him out the door now? This is absolutely absurd.

"Anonymous Boosters": You are selfish, self serving, cowardice, and do NOT have the program's best interest at heart. You must be solely concerned with feeding your own ego and show off to your friends that you are friends with the coach. If you are going to make bold statements that could be damaging to the program, don't hide behind the shield of anonymity. Stand behind the words you speak. Before you do, however, be sure to realize that we are in the thick of a recruiting battle for the nation's best players. As a recruit, the LAST thing you want to think is that the coach may leave. When I was being recruited from high school, the ONLY reason I did not go to Arizona is because I knew Coach Tomey would be fired.

I LOVE the University of Oregon and I hang on every snap of the game whether we are up by 5 or 55. You are a booster. Deep down, you do love the program... but you have clearly lost your way. I really hope you come to your senses and stop tearing down the program that so many people have spent 2 decades building. Let's get back on the same page. Let's support our coach and commit to doing everything possible to win a National Championship. If you cannot do that... on behalf of Oregon fans, players (past, present, & future), and alumni... We don't want Chip Kelly gone. We want YOU gone. #GoDucks

Sincerely,

George Fredrick Wrighster, III
    TE '99-'02
    Source: George Wrighster's Blog

Agreed with everything he said! Also, the NCAA denied our attempt of a summary disposition and Oregon will have to appear before the Committee on Infractions. I don't have any insight into what will happen, but I still think Oregon will avoid a bowl-ban but will lose scholarships. It was unlikely for Oregon to get a plea agreement done since there is literally no precedent to base our case upon.

vCash
    Danny Mattingly, Jack Pisarcik, and Joe Walker have committed recently. Mattingly is a stud and a huge get since we needed linebackers in this class. Nephew of Don Mattingly also. Pisarcik is a project guard/center, but Greatwood has made a living at finding diamond in the rough offensive line prospects. This was his first year along the offensive line, and apparently the staff really liked him. Walker is a JUCO LBer that has 3 to play 2 I think. He's a good athlete and a nice pickup at LBer.

vCash
    Haloti Ngata and Max Unger both made the Pro-Bowl! Way to represent the University of Oregon in the pros!

vCash
    Jaison Williams still frustrates me

vCash
    Jaison Williams still frustrates me
    Just a random remembrance of his horrific hands, or did he do something dumb?

vCash
    Haven't heard George Wrighster's name in a while. Didn't realize he graduated in 2002. That doesn't seem that long ago to me. I'm getting old

Why would you bring up Jaison Williams?

vCash

I think about Jaison Williams too much. What a disappointment. He looked so good in a uniform...

vCash

I think about Jaison Williams too much. What a disappointment. He looked so good in a uniform...
    Yeah, it is kind of funny that he holds a lot of receiving records at Oregon but was so damn infuriating at the same time. If he had good hands, he'd be playing in the NFL right now as well. It was all in his head as well. He had good hands early in the career, but his confidence steadily eroded.

vCash

I remember when Jaison Williams spurned USC to come to Oregon. I was so pumped. He had an awesome promising Frosh year as well but never really seemed to get any better.......

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    So... what are everyone's plans for the game?

First time in 5 years I won't be going to the bowl game.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast