Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oregon linebacker Kiko Alonso, nursing an apparent wrist injury, unlikely to play vs. Colorado

Senior linebacker Kiko Alonso, Oregon's leading tackler, has not practiced this week while nursing an apparent injury to his left wrist.

It seems unlikely Alonso will be available to play against Colorado on Saturday. With Oregon a 46-point favorite over the Buffaloes, the Ducks should manage without Alonso.

The extent of Alonso's injury is unclear. He has been spotted with a soft cast or wrap around his left hand this week.

If Alonso is unable to play, sophomore Derrick Malone would likely make his second start of the season at one of the middle linebacker spots. Malone started in place of senior Michael Clay against Washington when Clay sat out with a leg injury.

Sophomore tight end Colt Lyerla has also been limited in practice this week, according to a team source, after Lyerla was hit by a helmet in the leg against Arizona State. Lyerla was still limping after practice on Tuesday.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...l#incart_river

vCash
    The word out there is that Kiko broke his wrist. Some think he will be able to play versus USC with a cast/club on, but we'll see. This is more problematic than if he had broken his hand, and it may come down to how Kiko can deal with the pain while still having to wrap up and tackle...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I've heard that Jordan and Kiko should be able to give it a go versus SC, so that's terrific news. I know SC has looked very vulnerable, but it will still be a tough game at the Coliseum. I can't wait to see Oregon show the nation that we belong in the title..

Also, I'm not that concerned about Kansas State and Notre Dame. I find it laughable that people are chalking up the rest of K-State's schedule as wins because their next 4 games are all potential upsets. I think Oklahoma State will take them out this Saturday. Also, it wouldn't shock me at all if Notre Dame drops one of their "easy" games before USC. They haven't played big games in November in awhile, and I could see the offense sputtering very badly at the worst time. Oregon just needs to take care of business, and it will pan out just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I've heard that Jordan and Kiko should be able to give it a go versus SC, so that's terrific news. I know SC has looked very vulnerable, but it will still be a tough game at the Coliseum. I can't wait to see Oregon show the nation that we belong in the title..

Also, I'm not that concerned about Kansas State and Notre Dame. I find it laughable that people are chalking up the rest of K-State's schedule as wins because their next 4 games are all potential upsets. I think Oklahoma State will take them out this Saturday. Also, it wouldn't shock me at all if Notre Dame drops one of their "easy" games before USC. They haven't played big games in November in awhile, and I could see the offense sputtering very badly at the worst time. Oregon just needs to take care of business, and it will pan out just fine.
    At this point I am concerned. Not saying they are going to go undefeated, but obviously the longer they go without losing the more likely it is they go undefeated. I honestly thought ND was going to lose this week and that didn't happen. I thought W. Virginia was going to beat Kansas St. I could see K state going undefeated. Obviously Oregon has to do their thing though. This weekend certainly didn't help them though

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    At this point I am concerned. Not saying they are going to go undefeated, but obviously the longer they go without losing the more likely it is they go undefeated. I honestly thought ND was going to lose this week and that didn't happen. I thought W. Virginia was going to beat Kansas St. I could see K state going undefeated. Obviously Oregon has to do their thing though. This weekend certainly didn't help them though
    The fact that ND didn't jump Oregon after beating Oklahoma keeps Oregon in the driver's seat. If Oregon beats USC by quite a bit, then it makes it even harder for ND to impress enough to jump Oregon since their only marquee game left is USC. As for Kansas State, when push comes to shove the voters don't want Kansas State in over Oregon. Their SOS will likely be about the same as Oregon by the end of the season, so they're irrelevant.

With that being said, I would feel more comfortable if both lost. It sounds like Oregon still controls their own destiny, but you can never be certain with a name brand team like ND in the mix.

vCash

vCash
    I got my brother a "Storm LA" shirt for his bday.

vCash
    Our defense was a ****ing disaster tonight, but holy crap the offense was unbelievable. I've never seen an Oregon O do this well, and Barner just punched his ticket for New York. I can't believe we put up 62 on SC, I just can't...

Now, Aliotti reminded me tonight why I used to think his name was a curse word for so many years. I know USC has a sick offense, but that was just a totally inept performance defensively. Huge win, and we still are in the driver's seat for the title, but Oregon will need to improve on that side of the ball if we want to beat Bama.

vCash
    I didn't see a lot of the game so I can't comment too much. Can't say enough about barner and Mariota. Nice to see huff get going. As far as the defense goes they obviously didn't perform well . Good news is that they wont face an offense like that again. Im not worried yet. They took USC's best shot and still won and I think that counts for something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I didn't see a lot of the game so I can't comment too much. Can't say enough about barner and Mariota. Nice to see huff get going. As far as the defense goes they obviously didn't perform well . Good news is that they wont face an offense like that again. Im not worried yet. They took USC's best shot and still won and I think that counts for something
    Good points but we will probably face USC in the Pac-12 title game. Since Arizona lost, USC just has to win out and they're in, and I fully expect them to beat UCLA. I'm hoping that Nick Aliotti figures something out, because we will need to slow them down just a little bit. Thankfully the game would be at Autzen assuming we both make it.

The good news is that USC is not going to find a way to slow down our offense by then. Their issues go very deep, and I just don't think they can adjust and make a big difference.

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if Barner won the Heisman?! After being behind James all of these years and De'Anthony Thomas getting most of the publicity, he may just pull it off if Kansas State loses. He was immaculate versus SC, although the blocking was equally incredible. I also really liked what Kyle Long did at LG. He's incredibly gifted and straight up nasty in the trenches.

vCash
    Barner was a monster last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash

vCash
    Haggis that's hella funny!!

vCash
    What happens if Oregon wins out & finishes the year as #1 or #2? Does that mean Oregon skips the Pac-12 Championship game & moves onto the National Championship?

Wondering how this would playout?

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast