Tough decision, as both Hundley and Neuheisel did well against Texas- Hundley was 4-4 and moving the offense before getting hurt. This is a key game for both teams, so I can understand Mora wanting to keep the decision close until absolutely necessary to give ASU as little time as possible to prepare.

LOS ANGELES -- UCLA coach Jim Mora refused to update the condition of Brett Hundley and isn't saying who will start at quarterback when the No. 12 Bruins visit Arizona State in next week's Pac-12 opener.

Hundley hurt his left elbow on Saturday in the first quarter against Texas, and Jerry Neuheisel came off the bench to throw the winning touchdown pass in a 20-17 win over the Longhorns.

Mora refused to discuss the status of Hundley's non-throwing arm, saying only that "someone has to go in." He also has closed all practices and restricted media availability leading up to the game against the No. 15 Sun Devils.

"I feel good about our team," Mora said when asked about injuries. "They work hard every day. They have a great attitude. They work hard to get back on the field if they are not on the field. They work hard to stay on the field if they are on the field. I'm excited about our team."

Arizona State, meanwhile, has acknowledged that quarterback Taylor Kelly will not play against UCLA after injuring his right foot in a 38-24 win at Colorado.

Read More: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...back-situation