Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official USC Football Thread

The last thread I found for USC football has been inactive since 2009, so I figured there should be a new one considering how popular the Oregon thread is. There must be a bunch of Trojan fans here.

To start off discussion:

1. Final score of the Sun Bowl?
    2. Does Robert Woods declare for NFL Draft?
    3. Who will be our 2013 defensive coordinator?
    4. Will Lane Kiffin be fired after the 2013 season?
    5. What will our final recruiting class rank be?
    6. Will Browne or Kessler challenge Wittek for the starting QB spot?

vCash
    USC offense looking like garbage. The young QB looks confused, battered and with very low self esteem...
    L.A Dodgers, Raiders, Lakers and Trojan football...

vCash
    Max Wittek is putting on one of the worst displays of football I've ever seen. They have to take him out at some point.

vCash
    To start off discussion:

1. Final score of the Sun Bowl?

2. Does Robert Woods declare for NFL Draft? Yep

3. Who will be our 2013 defensive coordinator? IDK

4. Will Lane Kiffin be fired after the 2013 season? I hope he's fired after this bowl game

5. What will our final recruiting class rank be? 4

6. Will Browne or Kessler challenge Wittek for the starting QB spot? Yes (Browne Hopefully)

BTW good idea with this thread, we needed on

vCash
    I would say fire Lane, but I think this one is on Wittek. He sucks. I can't figure out why Kessler didn't even get a chance.

vCash
    Max Browne better be the real deal, or we're screwed.

Final statline for Wittek:

14 for 37, 107 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs.

vCash
    Worst performance in the last decade...

Wittek is such a scrub, hell Kessler is better... Max Browne ray:

vCash
    I don't like Wittek's pocket awareness, but it partially is on the offensive line. USC better hope the line takes a step forward next season if they want any success with their QBs. As for Browne, I don't think he is physically ready to start in year one. His upside is incredible, but he isn't as refined as Barkley was coming out of high school.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I don't like Wittek's pocket awareness, but it partially is on the offensive line. USC better hope the line takes a step forward next season if they want any success with their QBs. As for Browne, I don't think he is physically ready to start in year one. His upside is incredible, but he isn't as refined as Barkley was coming out of high school.
    The line wasn't great by any means, but I don't think that's the reason Wittek was so bad. GT struggled to get pressure, especially early on, and Wittek was still missing open receivers.

Aundrey Walker (starting LT) just sucks. I hope Max Tuerk can develop into a quality LT for next season.

You're right about Browne not being ready yet, but I think enrolling early will help get him up to speed faster than the average recruit.

And Robert Woods is officially gone. Not surprised, and I'm not upset, because he was a great player and is ready for the NFL. I think Agholor and maybe even Farmer will do well replacing him.

EDIT: Silas Redd says he's staying and Nickell Robey is going to decide in a week.
    Last edited by PhillyLuver; 12-31-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    ESPN says Sebastian Larue is not going to end up with USC. Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    The line wasn't great by any means, but I don't think that's the reason Wittek was so bad. GT struggled to get pressure, especially early on, and Wittek was still missing open receivers.

Aundrey Walker (starting LT) just sucks. I hope Max Tuerk can develop into a quality LT for next season.

You're right about Browne not being ready yet, but I think enrolling early will help get him up to speed faster than the average recruit.

And Robert Woods is officially gone. Not surprised, and I'm not upset, because he was a great player and is ready for the NFL. I think Agholor and maybe even Farmer will do well replacing him.

EDIT: Silas Redd says he's staying and Nickell Robey is going to decide in a week.
    I agree that Wittek would have struggled either way, but they really need to get their line back to where it used to be. Barkley had a tremendous season last year because USC had one of the best pass-protection lines in the country, and USC's line took a big step backward this year. Your team has talent waiting to step up, so it could be better next year.

Also, I heard Woods took a shot at the USC staff on his way out. Pretty surprising since he is a very high-character player. I think Agholor is going to be amazing, so it isn't a devastating loss. I'm not sure if Farmer will ever figure it out, but if he does then look out.

Keeping Redd is big for you guys also. He had a very good season, and he's a tough runner that you can trust week-in and week-out. It also takes pressure off of incoming Freshmen like Ty Isaac and Justin Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    ESPN says Sebastian Larue is not going to end up with USC. Oh well.
    Is he going to Washington or UCLA (I thought I heard they were players awhile back but could be wrong)? I honestly don't know, and was wondering if you have any insight on his plans.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Woods took a shot at the USC coaching staff... But he tweeted later that night that it was taking the wrong way... From his Twitter in response to the guy who reported him taking the shot..

Robert Woods ‏@HeismanWoods
    @PedroMoura you know that's not how I said it...but way to phrase me to look like a -hole .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I agree that Wittek would have struggled either way, but they really need to get their line back to where it used to be. Barkley had a tremendous season last year because USC had one of the best pass-protection lines in the country, and USC's line took a big step backward this year. Your team has talent waiting to step up, so it could be better next year.

Also, I heard Woods took a shot at the USC staff on his way out. Pretty surprising since he is a very high-character player. I think Agholor is going to be amazing, so it isn't a devastating loss. I'm not sure if Farmer will ever figure it out, but if he does then look out.

Is he going to Washington or UCLA (I thought I heard they were players awhile back but could be wrong)? I honestly don't know, and was wondering if you have any insight on his plans.
    Yeah, I'm hoping guys like Max Tuerk, Zach Banner, and Marcus Martin (sat behind me in sociology class, hilarious guy) step up and perform next season.

The Woods thing was pretty weird. I listened to the whole audio, and it seemed like he misspoke and it was taken out of context. Regardless, I think it'll blow over. Although he was right, we should have targeted him more often. Agholor showed flashes of greatness last year and should be awesome next year if we find someone to get him the ball.

All I know about LaRue is that a source said he'd be "shocked if LaRue ended up signing with USC." He has official visits set up with ND and Texas A&M, but nothing with SC.

vCash
    LaRue officially decommitted. Writers are spinning it positively for USC, saying that he was never going to sign anyway and we can now use that spot on a defensive player.

vCash
    USC Commit Kenny Bigelow gave all SC people a scare today...

Kenny Bigelow ‏@4_Fighton_0
    Well roll tide it is
    Kenny Bigelow ‏@4_Fighton_0
    Been hanging with @KingHenry_2 and Tenpenny they really opening my eyes to the Tide
    Then he later clarified he was just supporting friends going to Bama

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast