Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I thought you were describing Franzen there for a minute. It seems I definitely have a different perspective about players than some of you. Z is one of the players on the Wings that shows up every night and does have an extra gear, like Stevie Y did, of course Yzerman seemed to have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. IMO, the reason Z's numbers are down is the same reason Datsyuk's are. He is constantly in there digging, fighting for pucks, and getting slammed by the opposing teams, which also tends to result in injuries. Z is the one making the other players on his line look good, not the other way around. I think part of the reason Holland got Sammy was to give Z some size and grit on his line. Hudler was working this year, but was small and being knocked off the pucks. If people want to see Z start producing more, then move Filppula to center and let Z start hanging out in the slot. Remember when Z and Dats played on the same line? They put up good numbers not just because they were both skilled players, but because you had 2 players with the same type of work ethics. The opposing teams couldn't just concentrate on shutting down one player, they had to try and contain both. I feel the Wings are trying to get more of those types of players; thus, the interest in players like Parise, Nash, Doan, and Ryan - skilled, with good work ethics and the lack of interest in players like Semin and A. Kostitsyn - lazy. IMO, Z and Datsyuk are 2 of the hardest working players on the Wings followed by Holmstrom, Helm, Cleary, and Abby, so hopefully, the Wings are not even considering moving Z. If Z is mentioned in a trade rumor, I would expect to hear Malkin, Stamkos, etc., not some young talent, or prospects. Supposedly, we already have some young talent - Nyquist and Brunner, not to mention all of the Wings' other prospects.
    I think this is worth mentioning again. The Wings were 7th in the league in scoring and they only lost Hudler. The losses came on the backend, so let's not blow up the team to patch the holes on the backside.
    Sorry, I don't see it (the extra gear). The guy is 31 and heading down hill and his stats have been on the decline (playing more games a year and less points then in the past). Also, he struggled to get off of Suter and Weber in the playoffs last year.

Also lets all get something straight, I don't think anyone here is saying Z is a bum. The guy is one of our top 3 players right now but he's not getting any younger and we aren't a team built to compete for a cup anytime soon. Our D is horrible and we are a minimum 2 years away. So why not trade Z for a great return package that can retool our current roster and get us younger.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    I saw the following trade proposals in an article. The Wings are giving up 2-3 top 6 forwards for one forward and a defenseman, which doesn't make sense to me. It shores up the backend, but puts the Wings in a position on the front-end of relying on unproven talent. IMO, it creates to many ifs on the team. If a prospect were substituted for Flip, then maybe.

Detroit Red Wings trade Valtteri Filppula, Johan Franzen and Cory Emmerton to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and Luca Sbisa. Ken Holland might need to give up a little more to Anaheim considering the demand for Ryan. He could toss in another forward like Jan Mursak or Tomas Tatar, or even goalie Joey MacDonald to sweeten the pot.

Calgary trades Jay Bouwmeester and Jarome Iginla to Detroit for Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula, Cory Emmerton and Dan Cleary.

Phoenix trades Keith Yandle and Antoine Vermette to Detroit for Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula and Jan Mursak.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...h-deals/page/7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I saw the following trade proposals in an article. The Wings are giving up 2-3 top 6 forwards for one forward and a defenseman, which doesn't make sense to me. It shores up the backend, but puts the Wings in a position on the front-end of relying on unproven talent. IMO, it creates to many ifs on the team. If a prospect were substituted for Flip, then maybe.

Detroit Red Wings trade Valtteri Filppula, Johan Franzen and Cory Emmerton to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and Luca Sbisa. Ken Holland might need to give up a little more to Anaheim considering the demand for Ryan. He could toss in another forward like Jan Mursak or Tomas Tatar, or even goalie Joey MacDonald to sweeten the pot.

Calgary trades Jay Bouwmeester and Jarome Iginla to Detroit for Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula, Cory Emmerton and Dan Cleary.

Phoenix trades Keith Yandle and Antoine Vermette to Detroit for Johan Franzen, Valtteri Filppula and Jan Mursak.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...h-deals/page/7
    I read the article and I really don't think that was supposed to be serious. The Detroit deals especially were just incredibly one sided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Bleacherreport does absolutely nothing for me.

vCash
    Yes haha it's best to ignore anything BR puts up...ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Yes haha it's best to ignore anything BR puts up...ever
    I kind of want to post an article listing the 10 best Red Wings of all-time.

1) Brett Hull
    2) Luc Robitaille
    3) Chris Chelios
    4) Steve Yzerman
    5) Niklas Kronwall
    6) Mark Howe
    7) Kris Draper
    8) Ray Whitney
    9) Manny Legace
    10) Brian Rafalski

vCash
    The following quote is from an article that pretty much sums how I feel about trading for Boumeester. I don't ever see much about possibly signing Kubina, even though he was player the Wings were supposedly interested at the trade deadline. The last sentence confirms what I've read in other articles and what Pidg posted on one of these threads. There is also a brief paragraph on some of the Wings' prospects.

"Trading away a scoring forward for Bouwmeester would address one problem, but create another.
    If Holland intends to bolster his D without sacrificing offense, his best option is the free agent market, where Carlo Colaiacovo, Michal Rozsival, Brett Clark, Kurtis Foster and Jaroslav Spacek remain available, probably at bargain prices.
    Otherwise, Detroit simply has to wait and see if the new CBA forces rival clubs to shop defensemen or look within its own system for help."

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...rraro/11444896

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I kind of want to post an article listing the 10 best Red Wings of all-time.

1) Brett Hull
    2) Luc Robitaille
    3) Chris Chelios
    4) Steve Yzerman
    5) Niklas Kronwall
    6) Mark Howe
    7) Kris Draper
    8) Ray Whitney
    9) Manny Legace
    10) Brian Rafalski
    Are you kidding me?

That list would be considered GOOD for BR....
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    I really just want something to happen at this point... but no the rich are too stubborn to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    whats with all of the meetings to talk about when to have the next meeting?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234