Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Tradebait - Which players would you trade?

There has been a lot of talk about the Wings making trades, more so now that the Wings didn't land Suter, or Parise, so what players do you think the Wings should trade, if any? Who are the "untouchables"?

Datsyuk (NTC)--------------Zetterberg-----------------Franzen--------------Filppula (UFA next yr)
    Samuelsson (NTC)---------Cleary (UFA next yr)------Helm------------------Bertuzzi (NTC)
    Tootoo-----------------------Brunner (UFA next yr)----Eaves-----------------Nyquist (RFA next yr)
    Miller (UFA next yr)--------Mursak (RFA next yr)-----Emmerton------------Abdelkader (RFA)
    Holmstrom (UFA)

Kronwall (NTC)-------------Quincey----------------------Ericsson (NTC)------White (UFA next year)
    Kindl (RFA next year)------Smith (RFA next year)

Howard (UFA next year)--Gustavsson (NTC)------McDonald (???)

I would say noone on the D is tradebait, unless the Wings get a quality D man back.
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Don't be scared! I'll start it off. As I mentioned above, to me, the D is untouchable, unless there is a quality D man coming back.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Filppula are untouchables. With the loss of Hudler, I wouldn't trade Franzen for a D man unless the Wings got Doan, or if they thought Semin was an upgrade and landed him. Franzen scored almost 30 goals and a lot of those were on the PP. What is one of the Wings' weakest links? The power play - 22nd in the league. I would also prefer to keep Helm and Abdelkader.

Once you remove the D, the 4 forwards I mentioned (6 w/Abby and Helm), and Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, and Gutvasson (all w/NTCs), you really don't have much tradebait.

vCash
    I'd trade Franzen for a good D man, then maybe I'll stop pulling my hair out.

vCash
    Mule is the only one I can think of...oh wait Big E too.

vCash
    Lets be honest here.

There is only 2-3 trade chips on this team. Once you get past Wings untouchables, and players other teams won't touch (at least impact wise).

What team in their right mind would take Mule, unless it was for diminishing returns?

Flip, Howie, and Q are the biggest lures. Helmer and Eaves to a lesser extent. White and Cleary are guys you dangle at the deadline if the Wings are out of it.

Ericsson with a NTC.... eesh.

vCash
    You never know man, some team might feel a change of scenery is exactly what Mule needs. I'm confident Holland won't **** the team over, I still feel he's one of the best GMs

vCash
    Tough, huh? That is why I started this particular thread. IMO, the Wings can make one big trade, either for a top six forward, or a quality D man and that may include using prospects and/or picks, but I don't see the assets to make two trades. Had the Wings landed either Parise, Suter, or another decent D in the FA market, things would have been so much easier.
    I don't think the Wings should give up a top 6 forward for a D man though. Trading an offensive player for another offensive player as an upgrade is one thing, but trading offense to upgrade defense doesn't really make sense to me.

I really wish I knew which players the Wings included in that "hell of an offer."

Found this and it may be some indication.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...moves/11282557
    Last edited by Wingman; 07-25-2012 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Would any of you be pleased with offering one of these combination of players for Keith Yandle.

The Red Wings could offer a combination of Darren Helm ($2.125 cap hit), one of prospects Tomas Tatar, Calle Jarnkrok, or Tomas Jurco, and Detroitís 2013 first rounder. Detroit could also offer Johan Franzen ($3.955 million cap hit) and a lesser prospect and pick, though Franzenís lengthy contract may not be ideal for a franchise with so many questions.

While Detroit does not want to deal Valtteri Filppula ($3 million cap hit), Phoenix may demand he be a part of any package. If Detroitís current defensive corps has a rocky start to the season, the team may reconsider a package of Filppula and a lesser prospect or pick, maybe just what the Coyotes need.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar..._void/11288167

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Would any of you be pleased with offering one of these combination of players for Keith Yandle.

The Red Wings could offer a combination of Darren Helm ($2.125 cap hit), one of prospects Tomas Tatar, Calle Jarnkrok, or Tomas Jurco, and Detroit’s 2013 first rounder. Detroit could also offer Johan Franzen ($3.955 million cap hit) and a lesser prospect and pick, though Franzen’s lengthy contract may not be ideal for a franchise with so many questions.

While Detroit does not want to deal Valtteri Filppula ($3 million cap hit), Phoenix may demand he be a part of any package. If Detroit’s current defensive corps has a rocky start to the season, the team may reconsider a package of Filppula and a lesser prospect or pick, maybe just what the Coyotes need.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar..._void/11288167
    Dunno where I read it, but PHX is demanding a top center in any trade return for Yandle. So the package would start with Flipper, include one of our higher prospects (Jurco, Tatar etc) and our 1st.

In other words the first trade package wouldnt do anything for them. Helm is a third line center, he is not an impact top 6 forward. Helm would be a fourth line type guy with PHX with Hanzal and Vermette being 2/3 line guys. They are looking for a top line center
    Last edited by pidg88; 07-25-2012 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Did I miss something? Is Filppula tradebait all of a sudden?

The following rumor links Filppula, Nyquist, and a 1st round pick for Dan Boyle. Why?

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...wings/11297212

vCash
    To get Yandle we would have to trade one of our big pieces and the Mule doesn't fall into that category. To answer your ? though I would be willing to part with Henrik to get Yandle. I wouldn't call Henrik trade bait though, I just think he's the most replaceable big piece we have. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to choose who to keep between Zetterberg and Flippula, I'd choose Flip.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    I'd be thrilled if someone took Mule and his contract off our hands. I still hold out faith he'll turn back into the Mule from a few years ago but we can't have the lazy play hanging around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about the Wings making trades, more so now that the Wings didn't land Suter, or Parise, so what players do you think the Wings should trade, if any? Who are the "untouchables"?

Datsyuk (NTC)--------------Zetterberg-----------------Franzen--------------Filppula (UFA next yr)
    Samuelsson (NTC)---------Cleary (UFA next yr)------Helm------------------Bertuzzi (NTC)
    Tootoo-----------------------Brunner (UFA next yr)----Eaves-----------------Nyquist (RFA next yr)
    Miller (UFA next yr)--------Mursak (RFA next yr)-----Emmerton------------Abdelkader (RFA)Holmstrom (UFA)

Kronwall (NTC)-------------Quincey----------------------Ericsson (NTC)------White (UFA next year)
    Kindl (RFA next year)------Smith (RFA next year)

Howard (UFA next year)--Gustavsson (NTC)------McDonald (???)
    I would say noone on the D is tradebait, unless the Wings get a quality D man back.
    every one thats bolded ,even though the only way i trade Zetterberg is for a few picks and young stud d-man
    please forgive me i can't really spell , my grammar is terrible andi tend to jump around alot while writing

vCash
    Zetterberg would be a deal killer for me. No way I would I trade one of the best players on the team. IMO, he is one of the few players on the team that seems to have an extra gear and can actually step his play up.

vCash
    Yeah, why would we trade Z?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast