1. We have a log-jam of recievers now. Johnson, Young and Broyles are the top three of course. Beyond that, we appear to be pretty happy with Stovall and Edwards as #4-#5 WR.
2. If we carry six WR, which I expect we will, we just signed Osgood who is a WR and can contribute on special teams. Burelson doesn't play special teams. Most WR who are #4-#5 on the depth chart need to be able to play special teams.
3. Dallas needs a WR badly. In addition, they need a veteran leader to help mentor troubled WR Dez Bryant. Burleson has done that for us in detroit since he arrived.
4. Calvin Johnson has a HUGE contract and is one if the best players in the NFL. With that big contract SHOULD come the expectation to step in a be the leader that Burelson is now.
5. Burleson is due over 4/M next season. It is also his final season on contract. We can sign Jenkins to a long-term contract with that money back.
6. Probably the most important factor, I haven't heard ANYTHING about Burleson in training camp or have yet to see any production in the pre-season out of him.....how do we know he hasn't "lost a step" from last season with his age.