Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    You must got him confused with Alphonso or Berry... he was solid here from the times I remembered, outside of Houston he was probably or second best DB last year IMO.

Why you think he got that big payday from Tampa Bay?
    From Walterfootball:

Bucs sign CB Eric Wright (5 years, $37.5M): MILLEN ON LSD-LACED KIELBASA Grade

This is the worst signing in NFL history. That sentence is not an exaggeration.

Eric Wright is terrible. I gave him 1.5 stars in my 2012 NFL Free Agent Rankings for a reason. He's been torched numerous times per week over the past few seasons. Detroit and Cleveland fans know how bad Wright is, and the Buccaneers are about to find out.

Seriously, what the hell was Mark Dominik thinking? He couldn't have been sober when he made this transaction. I refuse to believe it. A plausible explanation is that Matt Millen snuck into his office, strangled him, shoved some LSD-laced kielbasa into the general manager's back side, and then slipped Wright's agent's number into his hand. When Dominik awoke, he was still delirious, so thought that paying $37.5 million to one of the worst cornerbacks on the market was a great idea.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. You heard it here first.

*** This was before the season started. Now he is done after just one year. TB saw first hand how terrible this guy is...their pass D was the 3rd worst in the league. If Eric Wright was any good...he would have been kept by Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa. 3 teams desperately in need of corner help.

#apologyaccepted

vCash
    He wasn't close to worth the contract he signed, but he's not horrible. I'd take him back in a second.'

Also, they aren't releasing him just because of his on the field performance. They are releasing him because he didn't show up to the voluntary offseason workouts (he was supposedly "sick"), was arrested for DUI, and got suspended for using PEDs.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He wasn't close to worth the contract he signed, but he's not horrible. I'd take him back in a second.'

Also, they aren't releasing him just because of his on the field performance. They are releasing him because he didn't show up to the voluntary offseason workouts (he was supposedly "sick"), was arrested for DUI, and got suspended for using PEDs.
    so why are we taking him back again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    From Walterfootball:

Eric Wright is terrible. I gave him 1.5 stars in my 2012 NFL Free Agent Rankings for a reason. He's been torched numerous times per week over the past few seasons. Detroit and Cleveland fans know how bad Wright is, and the Buccaneers are about to find out.

Seriously, what the hell was Mark Dominik thinking? He couldn't have been sober when he made this transaction. I refuse to believe it. A plausible explanation is that Matt Millen snuck into his office, strangled him, shoved some LSD-laced kielbasa into the general manager's back side, and then slipped Wright's agent's number into his hand. When Dominik awoke, he was still delirious, so thought that paying $37.5 million to one of the worst cornerbacks on the market was a great idea.

*** This was before the season started. Now he is done after just one year. TB saw first hand how terrible this guy is...their pass D was the 3rd worst in the league. If Eric Wright was any good...he would have been kept by Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa. 3 teams desperately in need of corner help.

#apologyaccepted
    #WrightisServiceable

I think Detroit would have wanted him to came back if Tampa Bay didn't offer him about 5.5mil/yr more than he's worth...
    Last edited by JWO35; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    so why are we taking him back again?
    because he's an ok player and will likely come cheap.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    because he's an ok player and will likely come cheap.
    with dui's and ped issues...if he had talent to match those problems then maybe but he isn't that good.

vCash
    Slot corner... Sure.. But we already have a cpl of those.. we need a outside DB

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    We should just trade Jonte Green for Deion Sanders 1999.

#solved

vCash
    We should just trade Jonte Green for Deion Sanders 1999.

#solved
    Then Wright would be our 3rd best CB...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Then Wright would be our 3rd best CB...
    Hahaha I was thinking we wouldnt sign Wright, and instead use the money to buy Bo Jackson 1987

#boknowshashtags

vCash
    Hahaha I was thinking we wouldnt sign Wright, and instead use the money to buy Bo Jackson 1987

#boknowshashtags
    #BoKnowNoKnee

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    From Walterfootball:

#apologyaccepted
    the 1st prob is u got this from walterfootball..

he has started ever game but like 2 that he has played in in the last 6 years... yet this wrack job is acting like he is worse then some faceless DB that was alos a FA last year.. wasnrt welding a FA last year??

no he is not as good as houston but he is a avg num 2.. i would be happy with Houston wright and green... CB is not a place u want to spend big bucks anyway

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Perhaps you've already seen John Clayton's item on salary cap space for all 32 NFL teams. If not, I've pulled the four NFC North figures into this post.

Keep in mind that cap numbers are fluid this time of year and aren't finalized until shortly before the free agent market opens in March. But for now, you can a least have a general impression of whether your team is in great shape, big trouble or somewhere in between. (This division finds itself mostly in the latter category.)

Ordered by available space:

Minnesota Vikings: $16.1 million

Chicago Bears: $13.3 million

Green Bay Packers: $7.1 million

Detroit Lions: $(-) 1.1 million
    Ouch

vCash
    "But for now, you can a least have a general impression of whether your team is in great shape, big trouble or somewhere in between. (This division finds itself mostly in the latter category.)"

that last statment makes those figures seem weird because it looks like everyone is under the cap but the lions so I can't see how that is considered big trouble or somewhere in between.

vCash
    ESPN NFL - Rob Ryan out as Cowboys defensive coordinator after 2 seasons with the team, according to sources
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast