Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I don't know if it was possible or not... But I never heard Best seek a 2nd opinion on his concussion test(or whatever). I believe that the doctors believe he's still in some sort of window/timeframe where he's still susceptible to getting a concussion more easily.

That's the only reasonable explanation why he isn't cleared to play nor retired yet, I'm sure the doctors told him something optimistic because if they didn't, why didn't he just retire after he failed the test(or whatever) this season?
    one of the reasons reported was so he could receive his pension from the nfl. you need to have 3 years to qualify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    The NFL is not gonna let him play if there is a good chance he will end up a vegetable. You know how many billions of dollars are generated by the NFL every year?

No way they risk that. Its not Best's health they are worried about, its their cash cow.
    Barg is right. the independent neurologists have yet to clear best. they have nothing to do with the nfl and are only concerned with his health and also their own liability if they give him the "green light".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    You're not a doctor so what you're saying makes no sense.
    So because I'm not a doctor what I say makes no sense. I guess doctors are geniuses man.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragalionsfan View Post
    It dont make sense! I have two friends that are Drs and my wife is in the medical field as well. Drs can only determine if your healthy to play the sport. They can offer a suggestion not to play because another concussion may be dangerous, but its ultimately up to the player (in this case best) to decide if he will play or not. Best has seen a lot of DR and some have cleared him to my understanding its just that some haven't. Clear the man and let best make the decision to play or not, after all it is his life and body. Boxers make a living getting pounded in the head and still fight! I JUST DONT GET IT!!!!!
    Its not up to the NFL anymore, They were getting sued so they now have 3rd party drs that have to clear the players, The DR's are the ones that will be getting sued 10years from now if they clear him and he gets hurt, Thus they wont clear him

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjw18 View Post
    one of the reasons reported was so he could receive his pension from the nfl. you need to have 3 years to qualify.
    Does not taking a single-snap in a season count as a year toward qualifying? If it does then this could very well be the case...

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    This from NBC sports:

Lions and Raiders staffs to coach in Senior Bowl

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 3, 2013, 6:27 PM EST

Getty Images
    The Raiders and Lions pick third, and fifth, respectively in this year’s draft.

But they’ll get the first up-close look at some of the top prospects at the Senior Bowl.

While the “honor” of coaching in Mobile, Ala., usually falls to the teams at the top of the draft order, instability can cause it to be passed along to others.

The Chiefs, owners of the top pick, don’t have a coach (at the moment). The Jaguars, picking second, are looking for a general manager, which may trigger other changes. The Eagles, picking fourth are also looking for a new coach.

So Lions coach Jim Schwartz was happy to step in.

“I think we’re fifth in line. If it would happen, we would embrace it and we would relish that opportunity,” he said, via the team’s official website. “I think there is some insight involved in getting to know those guys over a course of the week and it can confirm some of our scouts’ evaluations that have already worked very long and hard into getting guys evaluated this fall season.

“It can also maybe give us a different perspective on some other guys. Maybe we get a little bit more time with some other guys.”

Schwartz also coached the 2010 version of the game, saying the background he developed on running back Joique Bell was part of the reason they felt comfortable bringing him in.

While combine workouts and pre-draft interviews have become programmed exercises for most players, getting them in a football environment gives coaches a chance to see them when they’re reacting naturally, rather than rehearsed, and now the Raiders and Lions get the first peek behind that curtain.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    So because I'm not a doctor what I say makes no sense. I guess doctors are geniuses man.
    Actually, they are geniuses.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    We should all wear our Lions gear to the Senior Bowl and party our ***es off like we're in the Super Bowl.

Just to **** with Schartz.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    We should all wear our Lions gear to the Senior Bowl and party our ***es off like we're in the Super Bowl.

Just to **** with Schartz.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-eric-wright/

Says Bucs likely to cut Eric Wright. I would welcome him back as our slot CB. Re-sign Houston and sign Eric Wright and draft another CB and we would have a nice group of guys

Johnathan Banks - Eric Wright - Chris Houston
    Bill Bentley - Jonte Green - Ron Bartell/Lacey/Greenwood

vCash
    I'll take Wright back with open arms... Sad he left last season, but Tampa Bay was just stupid for offering him that deal.

TDs:

vCash
    You guys are on crack! Wright was our worst player when he was here. Don;t you remember the sliver of relief you felt when he signed elsewhere and you knew he wasnt going to be a Lion?

#garbage

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Tulloch:

vCash
    You guys are on crack! Wright was our worst player when he was here. Don;t you remember the sliver of relief you felt when he signed elsewhere and you knew he wasnt going to be a Lion?

#garbage
    He wasn't as good as Houston, but you can't deny he made some big plays and didn't get beat near as much as what we had last year. Of course you don't sign him if he demands another big deal, but bringing him back to play him inside is good. We need all the depth we can get at corner and can't deny he can play and make plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    He wasn't as good as Houston, but you can't deny he made some big plays and didn't get beat near as much as what we had last year. Of course you don't sign him if he demands another big deal, but bringing him back to play him inside is good. We need all the depth we can get at corner and can't deny he can play and make plays.
    In my opinion, he was easily the worst player on the team and can still watch him getting spun around by other teams WRs on their way past him into the end zone.

#pleasegodno

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Tulloch:

vCash
    In my opinion, he was easily the worst player on the team and can still watch him getting spun around by other teams WRs on their way past him into the end zone.

#pleasegodno
    You must got him confused with Alphonso or Berry... he was solid here from the times I remembered, outside of Houston he was probably or second best DB last year IMO.

Why you think he got that big payday from Tampa Bay?

TDs:

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast