Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Hell I'm a middle class white boy and Tebow would annoy the living hell out of me, too.

I'm just saying...no one wants to have someone throwing jesus down their throats in the middle of a locker room. And I don't think a kid like tebow coming into an NFL locker room is just taking things over and leading the youth being drafted into the league. It's all blinged out suits, big ol diamonds and looking flashy at the Draft.

dude...

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash

Detroit Lions: Twitter and News

Linehan lives Burleson and petitioned to get him.. He isn't going anywhere and also you guys have to remember we signed him after going 0-16 and got him via free agency of course that's gonna drive the price up
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monstar12:23495923
    Linehan lives Burleson and petitioned to get him.. He isn't going anywhere and also you guys have to remember we signed him after going 0-16 and got him via free agency of course that's gonna drive the price up
    Its a business. when we signed him he was our number 2 making 5 million per year. after this season he'll be our number 4, 4 years older, and still making 5 million per. the numbers don't add up, he'll be released next offseason barring unforeseen circumstances.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash

Detroit Lions: Twitter and News

It would be his last season under contract.. I understand it's a business but that's not a good look to pull for a player then turn your back on him.. And broyles won't pass him on the depth chart after this year.. He's still our number 2 this year.. I can see Titus passing him after this year but not broyles.. He would also take a payout before they cut him
    [CENTER]

vCash
    I could see them releasing Burleson and then re-signing him for a lot cheaper and him moving into that 3rd/4th receiver role. He said he wants to finish his career here (I know that's just talk and actions speak louder than words ultimately, but still)
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monstar12:23497518
    It would be his last season under contract.. I understand it's a business but that's not a good look to pull for a player then turn your back on him.. And broyles won't pass him on the depth chart after this year.. He's still our number 2 this year.. I can see Titus passing him after this year but not broyles.. He would also take a payout before they cut him
    Burleson has already lost a step, I realize you don't want to let.go.of guys that played through the hard times and turned this thing around, but keeping burleson at 5 million next year would be a step backwards.

I think titus has already surpassed burleson, from the end of.last year. his vertical speed is a huge asset in this offense, which is.something burleson appears to.have lost. broyles is also tailor made for the slot role here provided he can stay healthy.

I'm pretty sure burlesons salary next season is also guaranteed if he makes the roster, adding.another caveat to the situation.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Bobby Carpernter was released by the Patriots on Friday. He was a nice backup for us the past two seasons. I hope we bring him back.

I know he isn't obviously a starter, but he is a nice upgrade from Doug Houge. Besides, Houge is still eligible for the practice squad since he is still in his rookie deal.....that's where he belongs right now anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Bobby Carpernter was released by the Patriots on Friday. He was a nice backup for us the past two seasons. I hope we bring him back.

I know he isn't obviously a starter, but he is a nice upgrade from Doug Houge. Besides, Houge is still eligible for the practice squad since he is still in his rookie deal.....that's where he belongs right now anyway.
    Good upgrade on basically all our LBs.

I wouldn't mind him back and cutting Hogue (or trading Hogue for a 6-7th), maybe he'd have some value.

Carpenter - Tulloch - Durant
    Levy - T. Lewis - Palmer - Whitehead

Carpenter played better than Levy for the most part and knows our scheme very well, not to mention he can actually cover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Good upgrade on basically all our LBs.

I wouldn't mind him back and cutting Hogue (or trading Hogue for a 6-7th), maybe he'd have some value.

Carpenter - Tulloch - Durant
    Levy - T. Lewis - Palmer - Whitehead

Carpenter played better than Levy for the most part and knows our scheme very well, not to mention he can actually cover.
    Cmon man. an upgrade on basically all our linebackers? why was he allowed to walk as a free agent then? He was way cheaper than any of the starters...and if he was an upgrade over any of them I can only imagine they would've given him the starting job, unless our coaching staff has some crazy system where they only keep the guys that dont deserve to be here in starting positions in our linebacking core...

I like Carpenter a lot, but he's not better than Levy. Im sorry. He just isnt. Levy is superior in almost every regard, including maintaining not only a roster spot, but a spot in the starting line up.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    Cmon man. an upgrade on basically all our linebackers? why was he allowed to walk as a free agent then? He was way cheaper than any of the starters...and if he was an upgrade over any of them I can only imagine they would've given him the starting job, unless our coaching staff has some crazy system where they only keep the guys that dont deserve to be here in starting positions in our linebacking core...

I like Carpenter a lot, but he's not better than Levy. Im sorry. He just isnt. Levy is superior in almost every regard, including maintaining not only a roster spot, but a spot in the starting line up.

Well I exaggerated a bit, but as of now, I would certainly say he's better than Hogue, Lewis and Whitehead, just from experience alone, seeing as none of them (except Hogue) have played a down in the NFL. And even Palmer and him are pretty close, one plays inside, one plays outside, so call that a wash.

And I don't know. Levy is pretty bad and I seriously think it's pretty close with those two. Levy has had every chance to succeed here, but he never seems to play well. Missed tackles and assignments. But it's probably just my hate for the guy (det32, you are the reason why I hate him so much )

In my opinion, I'd rather see Carpenter start over Levy, but like I said, maybe it's just because I can't stand watching Levy play.... Still think T. Lewis or Whitehead take his spot before mid-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Well I exaggerated a bit, but as of now, I would certainly say he's better than Hogue, Lewis and Whitehead, just from experience alone, seeing as none of them (except Hogue) have played a down in the NFL. And even Palmer and him are pretty close, one plays inside, one plays outside, so call that a wash.

And I don't know. Levy is pretty bad and I seriously think it's pretty close with those two. Levy has had every chance to succeed here, but he never seems to play well. Missed tackles and assignments. But it's probably just my hate for the guy (det32, you are the reason why I hate him so much )

In my opinion, I'd rather see Carpenter start over Levy, but like I said, maybe it's just because I can't stand watching Levy play.... Still think T. Lewis or Whitehead take his spot before mid-season.
    Det32 how'd you get on BJR's acct???

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Det32 how'd you get on BJR's acct???
    Everything is spelled correctly
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Nah this isn't det32. I'm just sick of Levy. He stunk it up in preseason by missing tackles and assignments (way more than he should). He's a great guy to have for his versatility, but he should not be starting.

vCash
    kris durham joins lions practice squad
    6'6 wr

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    6'6 wr
    Chemistry with Stafford as well. Works out with him in the offseason apparently. Also brought in Georgia's old FB, Shaun Chapas to the PS.

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast