Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

S.L.Hill could be gone

Sammie Lee Hill - DL - Lions

NEWS: The player rep for free agent DT Sammie Lee Hill called it "pretty much a certainty" that his client will hit the open market.

ANALYSIS: The Lions are negotiating with Cliff Avril and Chris Houston after re-upping DeAndre Levy, and probably never even submitted Hill an offer. Just 26 years old, 329-pound Hill could be a cheap sleeper for defensive tackle-needy teams

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    A late draft pick who seemed he could have been something. Why don't project players pan out for everyone but us!

I'm thinking he'll be a starter with in 2 years & possibly even a future pro bowler

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    That would suck for us depth wise. Sammie played pretty well last year but I guess this makes sense as to why the Lions were looking at Chris Canty and others earlier in the offseason.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Sammie would probably be better off going elsewhere, because no matter how good he plays here he will be 3rd behind Suh & Fairley...

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Sammy is a 3-4 nose tackle in a league where the 3-4 NT is hard to come by, he will be a starter for the team he signs with if they run a 3-4 defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Sammy is a 3-4 nose tackle in a league where the 3-4 NT is hard to come by, he will be a starter for the team he signs with if they run a 3-4 defense.
    This

Sammie is the perfect NT..

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    he was a great rotational guy for us. its odd that the lions don't want to bring him back. he was great against the run and could put some pressure on qbs occasionally.

im still holding out hope we resign him , but if we don't as long as he doesnt stay in the division i guess we'll just have to move on.
    i wonder what this means for c.will and fluellen?

also if they have/ had no intention of resigning him then why not trade him last year when we could have at least gotten a future 5th round pick for him? seems really short sighted on mayhews part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newmain View Post
    he was a great rotational guy for us. its odd that the lions don't want to bring him back. he was great against the run and could put some pressure on qbs occasionally.

im still holding out hope we resign him , but if we don't as long as he doesnt stay in the division i guess we'll just have to move on.
    i wonder what this means for c.will and fluellen?

also if they have/ had no intention of resigning him then why not trade him last year when we could have at least gotten a future 5th round pick for him? seems really short sighted on mayhews part.
    Trade deadline is too early in the NFL, Pretty much everyone still has a chance at that point so no one wants to dump their whole roster for future picks in hopes they can still make a playoff push

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD

vCash
    So long Sammie. You will be missed.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    McBride, now it's SLH

AAL: #FreeStafford