Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    i only know of 1 player that hated him. Ryan.

Perry and Getzlaf were not happy when he was fired.

who else are you hearing that hated him?
    Nobody else hated him it's just Lavy finding another way to whine about Burke. There was no feud with Lupul, Joffrey believed he could play the left side and Carlyle didn't think he could. Obviously Randy wouldn't have been brought in if a rift still existed.
    Last edited by Halladay; 07-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I'm sorry that you are a slow, simple person and don't understand how media relations work...I really don't feel like breaking down the obvious to you
    Me slow? Relax there Lavy. You didn't post anything about this so called more then one player hating Carlyle so don't talk down to me.

I have NEVER heard of any player hating Carlyle besides Lupul over playing reasons and Ryan for reasons that I don't know and simply don't care. You think every player adores their coach? No. He won a cup with that team for christ's sake and I could care less about Andy freakin McDonald... who's no longer with the Ducks anyways.

You just love finding reasons to hate on everything Burke does which is clear here once again you want to hate on Carlyle and Burke hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Nobody else hated him it's just Lavy finding another way to whine about Burke. There was no feud with Lupul, Joffrey believed he could play the left side and Carlyle didn't think he could. Obviously Randy wouldn't have been brought in if a rift still existed.
    Agreed. Leave it to Lavy to piss me off once again.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    6.8IIRC

He and Phanuef would be the most talented duo thats been here in a while. True he is overpaid now but does that really matter if we don't plan on using that cap?

When their deals are done both of them will get lower deals, i'm thinking 5.5M to 6M longterm, and i would love that duo on our team.

BTW he has 2 years left. Same as Phanuef.

If we got Bouwmeester, at the end of 2013-2014, we could have Kessel, Phanuef, and Bouwmeester locked up longterm for less than what they are now. Now they are a combined $18.7M but i doubt any one of them gets more than $6M on their next deal (MAYBE Kessel but i think he gets less). Even all of them at $6M (which none of them will get) and you still save money (700K).

60-70 pts from Dion and Jay while logging a tonne of minutes is fine and we need that. Not to mention they'll both be entering the "supposed" prime of their careers (age wise).

Lol Optimized I really respect you defending Bouwmester but I really, really don't think he's a good option for this team. Especially at this point in time. As mean as this sounds I really hope he rots in Calgary because no team is going to want to eat up all that cash for a guy who barely provides anything anymore but most games played without getting hurt.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Lol Optimized I really respect you defending Bouwmester but I really, really don't think he's a good option for this team. Especially at this point in time. As mean as this sounds I really hope he rots in Calgary because no team is going to want to eat up all that cash for a guy who barely provides anything anymore but most games played without getting hurt.
    Finally someone staying away from the bath salts!

If we think we complain at the money combined wit the play of our Captain, we are going to LOSE it at the play + Contract of Jbo

vCash
    Well i hope if he isn't moved here then he stays there. Maybe 2014 sign him as a FA at a reduced price. He'll be 29 ish when that happens so he'll have some good years left.

You can bet that the Avs, Flyers, and Blues will look at him. I hope they don't get him.

I will defend him all day lol. He's a very valuable player IMO, people just look at his cap and salary and if he's not at an elite level he's a bust for some reason. 30 pts and logs quality minutes. He may not be that elite #1 dman anymore but he upgrades our back end instantly.

Phanuef, Bouwmeester, Liles, Gardiner. Hell of a top 4 IMO. guys that can play a tonne, all with the ability to put up 20+ points. Not to mention all are above average skaters (ok maybe phanuef is average).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsjaysleafs View Post
    Finally someone staying away from the bath salts!

If we think we complain at the money combined wit the play of our Captain, we are going to LOSE it at the play + Contract of Jbo
    look at our cap space now and in the future and tell me what you would spend it on. DOn't say Getzlaf.

I have never complained about Phanuef's contract, people look at his cap hit and expect some elite player and ignore what he does on the ice (except when he makes a mistake). If you really thought Phanuef was going to be the "old Phanuef" right away then you were on bath salts. He needs someone to help he carry the load. We don't have one for him, but Jay could be that guy. If Phanuef was playing at an elite level we wouldn't have gotten him for trash. BTW he was an allstar this year.

vCash
    Freakin' bath salts lol

vCash
    look at our cap space now and in the future and tell me what you would spend it on. DOn't say Getzlaf.

I have never complained about Phanuef's contract, people look at his cap hit and expect some elite player and ignore what he does on the ice (except when he makes a mistake). If you really thought Phanuef was going to be the "old Phanuef" right away then you were on bath salts. He needs someone to help he carry the load. We don't have one for him, but Jay could be that guy. If Phanuef was playing at an elite level we wouldn't have gotten him for trash. BTW he was an allstar this year.
    I would say Getzlaf though. It's a very realistic possibility.

Look at all the players coming off the books next year, why add a guy who's being paid 6.6 million it ruins the fact that you have all sorts of space. The Leafs do not need a guy like Bouwmester right now, they need youth, speed and one or two defensive guys who aren't being paid 4.5 mill (cough Komisarek)

So if and whenever in god's name Komisarek is dealt, then I like the corps they have and the youth they have.

Gardiner, Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Fanson (if re-signed) Liles (oldest defensemen) Holzer.

And then of course youth wise you have Blacker, Percy, Rielly, Finn and hopeful guys like Lashoff.

If you bring it Bouwmester who's contract expires after next season I am pretty sure you have an unnecessary cap hit and it takes away playing time for a younger guy. If indeed Bouwmester was making an impact on Calgary (which he really isn't) then I would say okay maybe.

I also am a little evil because I love his and all the bad contracts that are suffocating Calgary. Wideman at 5.2 mil, Hudler at 4, Bouwmester at 6.6, Giordano at 4, and Camallari at 6.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 07-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Yeah I like to crap on Burke and for some good reasons... but thank god we have him instead of Jay Feaster. I don't know what the **** goes through that guys head.

vCash
    I want getzlaf too but i really doubt he comes here. Unless he has a really good relationship with Burke. I REALLY beleive that Getz and perry will follow eachother.

Detriot is going to be a huge player for him and perry. no question. whatever we can offer they can offer.

I wrote a long post (in the If i were burke thread) and getting Bouwmeester would not make it tougher to get Getzlaf. I thought it was more realistic to target Zajac and gave him $5M, add in Jaybo and we still had $8M+ in cap.

I think people are jumping to the conclusion that i think Jay is an elite dman or that he's a #1. I want him strictly because he can log a lot of minutes, and guys like those aren't just given away like Jaybo could be soon. Calgary wants a young centre and young dman for the future. Colborne and Franson seem to be expendable as we have no real place for them. Colborne, Franson, Komiserak, and a 3rd has to at least interest some leaf fans. His presence will take a load of Phanuef and he won't out like he has the past few years.

Thats all i'll post about Jaybo, i can see some are irritated about me bringing up the guy.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I wouldn't rule out Burke being able to sign Getzlaf and Perry. But players of that ilk always usually resign with their current teams. A few squeek through like a Suter or Parise but not often. It'd be nice if one or both of them wanted to play for Burke again, but the fact is that until we start becoming alot more competitive elite FA's won't be very interested in coming here. If Anaheim takes a dump again this year it might be quite possible one or both of them hits the open market. But I'd assume by the trade deadline Anaheim would know what the future holds and probably trades one or both of them. They'd obviously be traded to a contender who would probably offer them very good money to resign.

vCash
    I want getzlaf too but i really doubt he comes here. Unless he has a really good relationship with Burke. I REALLY beleive that Getz and perry will follow eachother.

Detriot is going to be a huge player for him and perry. no question. whatever we can offer they can offer.

I wrote a long post (in the If i were burke thread) and getting Bouwmeester would not make it tougher to get Getzlaf. I thought it was more realistic to target Zajac and gave him $5M, add in Jaybo and we still had $8M+ in cap.

I think people are jumping to the conclusion that i think Jay is an elite dman or that he's a #1. I want him strictly because he can log a lot of minutes, and guys like those aren't just given away like Jaybo could be soon. Calgary wants a young centre and young dman for the future. Colborne and Franson seem to be expendable as we have no real place for them. Colborne, Franson, Komiserak, and a 3rd has to at least interest some leaf fans. His presence will take a load of Phanuef and he won't out like he has the past few years.

Thats all i'll post about Jaybo, i can see some are irritated about me bringing up the guy.
    I'd substitute Kadri for Colborne IMHO. Kadri is never going to live up to his draft spot here and for some reason it looks like he's been black balled within the organization...how else can you explain his treatment. Colborne will be the better player between the two.

vCash
    Lol how in god's name would you know this? Do you sleep with Carlyle?

Anyways, not every Duck hated Carlyle. One maybe two did... and the only reason Lupul did was for reasons about playing time and whatnot and they had said they sorted that stuff out.

Either way I have been saying deal Lupul from the start. Sell high why he's had a good year.

The only trade idea I have at the moment is this:

To LA:

Frattin
    2nd rounder 2013

To Toronto:

Jonathan Bernier

Or this is just my preference.

To San Jose:

Kadri, 2nd rounder, Franson

To Toronto:

Joe Pavelski, low end prospect.
    So the only trade you can think up at this time...on your own...is a trade rumor that's been out there for a couple of weeks???

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Burke being able to sign Getzlaf and Perry. But players of that ilk always usually resign with their current teams. A few squeek through like a Suter or Parise but not often. It'd be nice if one or both of them wanted to play for Burke again, but the fact is that until we start becoming alot more competitive elite FA's won't be very interested in coming here. If Anaheim takes a dump again this year it might be quite possible one or both of them hits the open market. But I'd assume by the trade deadline Anaheim would know what the future holds and probably trades one or both of them. They'd obviously be traded to a contender who would probably offer them very good money to resign.
    Who is the last impact UFA to hit the open maret and actually make a difference on the team he signed with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Who is the last impact UFA to hit the open maret and actually make a difference on the team he signed with?
    Damn that's a toughie!!! This one goes waaay back but what about Messier when he signed with the NYR. Pretty sure he signed as a UFA and wasn't traded there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast