Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    I just noticed that the Atlanta Thrashers still have a forum on here. lol.
    You should start posting in it again to see if you can get more people too....

vCash
    I'm just going to throw this out there and I might get blasted but it'll be an interesting topic.

Rumors are Toronto might be ready to shop Kessel and if your the Bruins do you entertain the idea of bringing him back. Kessel clearly thought the grass would be greener in Toronto and he was wrong. You can't deny the kids ability to score goals and put with a true center is probably a 40+ goal scorer. Just a few thoughts as to what the B's could offer....

To Boston
    Phil Kessel + 4th

To Tornoto
    David Krejci + 3rd

Projected Lines
    Lucic - Seguin - Kessel
    Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Kelly - Peverley - Bourque
    Thornton - Campbell - Paille

This other one is a a bit more complex and involves a few more pieces but could be insane

To Boston
    Phil Kessel + 2nd

To Toronto
    Subban + Caron + 4th

This gives us a log jam and means someone from the top6 gets moved to 3rd line with Pevs and Kelly (Marchand?) or we then do.....

To Boston
    Keith Yandle

To Pheniox
    David Krejci + TOR 2nd

Projected Lines
    Lucic - Seguin - Kessel
    Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Kelly - Peverley - Bourque

Chara - Yandle
    Hamiton - Seidenberg
    Ference - Boychuk

Rask
    Anton

Ok.................GO!

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    No chance the front office deals Krejci for Kessel.

I'd trade our 1st, Caron, Sauve and our 2nd rounder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    No chance the front office deals Krejci for Kessel.

I'd trade our 1st, Caron, Sauve and our 2nd rounder
    It's actually not a bad package but I don't know if Toronto would bite. If they did (hypothetically) how do you work the lines out?

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
    Seguin - Bergeron - Kessel
    Marchand - Kelly - Peverley

vCash
    I've got nothing against kessle. But there are some good UFA jerome iginla, correy perry, ryan Getzlah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Godi Jr. View Post
    I've got nothing against kessle. But there are some good UFA jerome iginla, correy perry, ryan Getzlah
    All will be looking around $6+ million a season with Perry and Getz probably wanting closer to $6.5 per

vCash
    I don't know if any of them even reach the open market. The flames have had countless chances to deal Iggy, and kept him even when he's going into what likely his last contract. I think they're planning on him resigning.

Same with Getz and Perry. Anaheims got a good core in place and its probably the best place to live during the season. I see Anaheim matching any reasonable offer and I don't think either want to leave.

vCash
    I realy think Iggy would like to be a bruin! Just something in last years all star game was like chara was courting him and he was in a candy store. Perry I thinks wants out of Cailf.

vCash
    I honestly don't think they will mess with the chemistry too much, and Kessel will never play for Boston again. If Krejci gets dealt I think it will be for picks and a really high level prospect. I liked to Krejci for Gormley rumors I heard at the deadline last year.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Of course Krejci for Perry would be interesting. Perry would be sick next to Seguin.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Here's on a little out of left field with nothing to support it: Krejci for Enstrom or maybe Byfuglien? I'd assume Byfuglien is more available

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Here's on a little out of left field with nothing to support it: Krejci for Enstrom or maybe Byfuglien? I'd assume Byfuglien is more available
    It's not bad, gives us a big offensive threat from the blueline. For me IDK why but I can't get the thought of Nino out of my head. While Strome projects to be a #1 center, I think Krejci would be nice as a #2 Center behind JT.

TO NYI
    David Krejci
    '13 3rd

TO BOS
    Nino Niederreiter
    Brad Boyes
    Kirill Kabanov

Project Line-Up
    Lucic - Seguin - Horton
    Marchand - Bergeron - Boyes
    Nino - Kelly - Peverley

vCash
    I think you guys are aiming to high, though I do understand that you are only speculating for fun.

There really isn't any reason to move Krejci right now as he has been pretty excellent so far and his line is clicking on a level similar to the cup run. I think they are going to go small at the deadline (if they even to bother to add) and grab a third line winger if Bourque doesn't pan out.

Here are a few RW third liners (and a couple of top 6 guys who would fit perfectly with Kelly and Peverley) who are UFA's at the end of this season.

Chad Larose, Ryan Jones, Jamie Langenbrunner, Pascal Dupuis, and David Clarkson.

I expect New Jersey to sign Clarkson soon so that is probably out of the question (though it would be a great fit) and I will say the same for Dupuis. Jones is a guy who could get moved to help strengthen the Oilers defensive depth. Langenbrunner is a possibility too though I would expect the Blues to hold on to him as they are a Cup contender. Larose would be an amazing fit too with Kelly and Peverley and could be a cap casualty on a team with a growth in big contracts as of late.

LW's:

Drew Miller, Dustin "Pancakes" Penner, Vaclav Prospal, Alexei Ponikarovsky, and Viktor Stalberg.

Admittedly, the right wings listed above are more appealing to me in this scenario but aside from Stalberg and maybe Poni; I expect all of these guys to be moved at deadline time. Prospal would be a great fit with Kelly and Peverly and would provide some powerplay leadership. Penner is another big body who IMO played very well in the playoffs last season. If Julien could harness his compete level he would be a good addition. Drew Miller is also the kind of guy that plays a sound game and is responsible and accountable. He would be a solid choice for the third line wing too.

I also expect them to move McQuaid this season for some reason, can't quite put my finger on why, but I believe Johnson has the ability to replace him in the lineup. I may be overreacting here, but I am getting that vibe.

vCash
    Does anyone keep up with Hs hockey or New England area juniors ?

vCash
    Zach Hamill was traded to Florida for Casey Wellman. Wonder if he'll get a chance with the Cats?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast