Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bruins Off-Topic Thread V 3.0 ~ Penn State Supporters Still Stupid...

How can people still defend Joe Pa and everyone there? This is ridiculous and anyone that thinks this is too harsh and Joe Pa doesn't deserve this...in my opinion is an idiot...

discuss...
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    I never thought I'd be commenting on this story here but...
    Yeah, the sanctions by the NCAA against PSU, while harsh, were more of a warning to all major college sports programs that changes have to be made. Obviously the Sandusky stuff isn't going on everywhere but at probably every major college program there are grades being changed, admission requirements being ignored, money and favors being offered, etc... While major college sports programs bring a ton of money to the schools, they can't become more powerful than the school itself. That's what happened at PSU and that's why the NCAA is sending a message.

vCash
    The board of gov should all have been fired, but the current players and coaches should not be affected. They should still be allowed to go to bowl games, why are the current players being punished?

I'm wondering if the NCAA didn't have anything to do with the cover up also, seems like they are trying to be heavy handed...are they scared what would happen if people looked deeper?

Maybe I'm crazy didn't follow this very much but it seems harsh to the players and current staff that had nothing to do with what happened.

vCash
    Poor Philly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Poor Philly
    Poor Philly?

**** that noise hahaha

I am so happy that overrated Burke 2.0 Holmgren isn't getting Weber. The Flyers are such a sickening franchise to watch do business.

I still don't understand why Weber signed the offer sheet, Philly would have traded him next season if things weren't working out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Poor Philly?

**** that noise hahaha

I am so happy that overrated Burke 2.0 Holmgren isn't getting Weber. The Flyers are such a sickening franchise to watch do business.

I still don't understand why Weber signed the offer sheet, Philly would have traded him next season if things weren't working out.

you my boy Top!

I think he didn't care either way, he just wanted the money....get ready for him to complain in 5 years that he wants out because they can't afford to have anybody else good around him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    The board of gov should all have been fired, but the current players and coaches should not be affected. They should still be allowed to go to bowl games, why are the current players being punished?

I'm wondering if the NCAA didn't have anything to do with the cover up also, seems like they are trying to be heavy handed...are they scared what would happen if people looked deeper?

Maybe I'm crazy didn't follow this very much but it seems harsh to the players and current staff that had nothing to do with what happened.
    I think that the sanctions are unfair to the players who played previously and now have had their records changed. This is a CRIMINAL case and the NCAA should have treaded more lightly. Dont get me wrong, all guilty parties must be severely punished but I am terrified that the NCAA can wield their muscle and change history. You cant change the fact that Penn st won those games. That is like saying lets convict George Bush as a war criminal and then change the record so that he was never president. It just isnt true. When the New England Patriots got caught "cheating" there was a legitimate reason to consider removing some wins because the crime could have effected the outcome of those games. The NCAA is the most backwards business this side of the pond.

vCash
    I really have a feeling that any of the former players care about wins...The reason they took away the wins was to hurt Joe Paterno...who was directly related to the covering up of Child Rape...The reason they hurt the school by Bowl Game Bans was because that the core of the university is rotten and so is the Penn State culture...if you want to change football, you hurt them where it counts. Also, any football player is allowed to transfer to any school this year and play immediately, so no current football player is being hurt.

And you guys do realize that cheating is different from Child Rape correct? Sandusky was rapping children on Penn State property and everyone knew about it and no one did anything to stop it...that is why this is happening

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    I really have a feeling that any of the former players care about wins...The reason they took away the wins was to hurt Joe Paterno...who was directly related to the covering up of Child Rape...The reason they hurt the school by Bowl Game Bans was because that the core of the university is rotten and so is the Penn State culture...if you want to change football, you hurt them where it counts. Also, any football player is allowed to transfer to any school this year and play immediately, so no current football player is being hurt.

And you guys do realize that cheating is different from Child Rape correct? Sandusky was rapping children on Penn State property and everyone knew about it and no one did anything to stop it...that is why this is happening
    cheating is extremely different from child rape, that is my point. Sandusky and Paterno and co. should be punished severely by the legal system and I think some of the NCAA sanctions are spot on. I just have a problem with the NCAA re-writing history. If they decide they have the power to do that, what will they do next?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    cheating is extremely different from child rape, that is my point. Sandusky and Paterno and co. should be punished severely by the legal system and I think some of the NCAA sanctions are spot on. I just have a problem with the NCAA re-writing history. If they decide they have the power to do that, what will they do next?
    The same thing they do every day Pinky... Try to take over the world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    Re-writing history? The NCAA takes away victories all the time...they even take away Heisman trophies...how are people not upset over that but upset over them taking wins away from Penn State...hypocrite much people?

Honestly...anyone who supports Penn State is an idiot and really needs to think about why Penn State got in trouble...

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    I haven't seen one person support Penn State. Anyone have any good stories?
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Nobody is supporting them, I just think the football team and it's supporters shouldnt be punished for something they had nothing to do with. I feel all those people that did do something should be crucified but the team and the people the fans the kids that support them shouldn't be screwed out of what they love.

Top shelf lmfao!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I haven't seen one person support Penn State. Anyone have any good stories?
    Red Sox employee Bill James got in trouble for public comments supporting Paterno. Also the lawyer/family of Paterno was "outraged" they weren't involved in the decision. There are dozens of articles on a quick google search.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...dlQQQx2gZyTBxw

This is the bill James drama hilarious.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast