Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boston Bruins Sign Ryan Donato To a 2-Year Entry Level Contract

Boston Bruins @NHLBruins
    Donato, signed to a two-year entry-level contract, will join the #NHLBruins and be eligible to play in tomorrow night's game vs. the Columbus Blue Jackets at TD Garden.
    Sara Civian@SaraCivian
    "Ryan will likely play as early as tomorrow" - Don Sweeney
    Well there you have it. Don Sweeney getting absolute work done with the college players.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

BOOOM!

Please please please lets see him play between march and pastr

Jesus christ this team is loaded with youth, thank you sweeney for drafting properly and not trading away the kids.

In Don I trust
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    BOOOM!

Please please please lets see him play between march and pastr

Jesus christ this team is loaded with youth, thank you sweeney for drafting properly and not trading away the kids.

In Don I trust
    I don't see that happening. At least not right away. I feel they start him off on the wing; specifically LW.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I don't see that happening. At least not right away. I feel they start him off on the wing; specifically LW.
    k...I guess you got to get his feet wet. Dont wont to put too much pressure on him but man he looked good in the olympics. Or how about centering Gionta and Henin on the third line
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    k...I guess you got to get his feet wet. Dont wont to put too much pressure on him but man he looked good in the olympics. Or how about centering Gionta and Henin on the third line
    Without Backes (since he's going to be out a few games due to the stitches), I think we see this tomorrow night:

Marchand -- Nash -- Pastrnak
    Heinen -- Krejci -- Nash
    Donato -- Wingels -- Gionta
    Schaller -- Kuraly -- Acciari

Everyone healthy? Good luck fitting everyone. I won't even attempt a lineup right now, because we have no idea how good Donato will be. If he comes in and works, I could see a few different ways to go but for right now, I bet we see something similar to the above.

Wow we now have 8 players coming off ELC's next year. Donny is going to have to do something because we're going to lose a really good player at the expansion draft in a few years.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Wow we now have 8 players coming off ELC's next year. Donny is going to have to do something because we're going to lose a really good player at the expansion draft in a few years.
    The 8 are:

1.) McAvoy
    2.) Heinen
    3.) Carlo
    4.) JFK
    5.) Fitzgerald
    6.) McIntyre
    7.) Donato
    8.) Cehlarik

I think right now, McAvoy, Heinen, and Carlo are the only ones on this list that are going to get a much bigger contract. JFK and Donato would have to really blow the doors off to get a significant increase and is a season's worth of production enough to get paid? Fitzgerald, Cehlarik, and McIntyre aren't getting paid at all, and could very well be traded, walk, or re-signed at a cheap contract.

With expansion, Bruins may very well lose a good player, but that's what sucks about expansion..You either make a brutal trade with a team to take player Z to keep another player, or you lose a good one. Now, if everything goes perfect, what could a potential protection look like? Backes and Krejci won't be on NMC anymore, right? So you could leave them exposed. They'll also have a year left on their deals, if I'm looking at this right.

7 Forwards: Marchand, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Heinen, Donato, JFK, and Bjork
    3 Defenseman: McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Carlo
    1 Goalies: Rask

Just an example..... Who knows if Donato/JFK/Bjork are even going to be worth keeping. It's a long ways away.

What a season for Donato, he really put it all together this year. Excited to see him play these next few games. Unless he plays out of his mind to start off, I imagine he will only play until the team is healthy and then go down to providence where he can get more ice time.

Still going to enjoy the next couple games with Donato in though, he deserves it. Hopefully he tears it up.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    What a season for Donato, he really put it all together this year. Excited to see him play these next few games. Unless he plays out of his mind to start off, I imagine he will only play until the team is healthy and then go down to providence where he can get more ice time.

Still going to enjoy the next couple games with Donato in though, he deserves it. Hopefully he tears it up.
    Something about Donato where if he plays tonight, he won't be eligible for the AHL playoffs. With that, I think they try and get him in the remaining games, regardless.

The 8 are:

1.) McAvoy
    2.) Heinen
    3.) Carlo
    4.) JFK
    5.) Fitzgerald
    6.) McIntyre
    7.) Donato
    8.) Cehlarik

I think right now, McAvoy, Heinen, and Carlo are the only ones on this list that are going to get a much bigger contract. JFK and Donato would have to really blow the doors off to get a significant increase and is a season's worth of production enough to get paid? Fitzgerald, Cehlarik, and McIntyre aren't getting paid at all, and could very well be traded, walk, or re-signed at a cheap contract.

With expansion, Bruins may very well lose a good player, but that's what sucks about expansion..You either make a brutal trade with a team to take player Z to keep another player, or you lose a good one. Now, if everything goes perfect, what could a potential protection look like? Backes and Krejci won't be on NMC anymore, right? So you could leave them exposed. They'll also have a year left on their deals, if I'm looking at this right.

7 Forwards: Marchand, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Heinen, Donato, JFK, and Bjork
    3 Defenseman: McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Carlo
    1 Goalies: Rask

Just an example..... Who knows if Donato/JFK/Bjork are even going to be worth keeping. It's a long ways away.
    I've outlined it on other sites, but things are going to be tighter than people think. BTW that protection list, where is DeBrusk? Again we can't keep everyone and Donny will do something. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out in a few years.
    "The Next Generation"

Why wouldnít Donato score in his debut game?... [emoji23] Sweeney strikes again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

3 points for the kid in his NHL debut. A beautiful goal, a pretty generous assist on the Nash goal, and then a beautiful assist on the Krejci goal.

3 points for the kid in his NHL debut. A beautiful goal, a pretty generous assist on the Nash goal, and then a beautiful assist on the Krejci goal.
    What an incredible debut
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

It started out funny that the Bruins could plug a rookie in and they'd play well, but its not funny anymore, its scary. This team right now has to be the one teams are worried about. They beat Tampa with 5 key players out (down a man) and then CBJ needed overtime and a game of his life performance by Korpisalo to beat a team debuting a rookie...oh and again down 5 key players.

When healthy I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Nash
    Donato - Backes - Heinen
    Schaller - Nash - Acciari

Black Aces: Wingles - Kuraly - Gionta
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    It started out funny that the Bruins could plug a rookie in and they'd play well, but its not funny anymore, its scary. This team right now has to be the one teams are worried about. They beat Tampa with 5 key players out (down a man) and then CBJ needed overtime and a game of his life performance by Korpisalo to beat a team debuting a rookie...oh and again down 5 key players.

When healthy I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Nash
    Donato - Backes - Heinen
    Schaller - Nash - Acciari

Black Aces: Wingles - Kuraly - Gionta
    Kuraly is the driver of the 4th line. I donít see him being an extra. Overall, thatís a scary lineup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast