Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Week of 2/26/2017 Bruins Gamethread: @DAL, vsARZ, vsNYR, vsNJD

Official thread for the remaining games this week. Tonight's game will be a huge match-up to see where the Bruins are really at. They have beaten some good teams since Cassidy took over and they've started winning at home. Let's see how they do against one the Metro's best. Rangers have lost 2 in a row, but are 2 points back of both Pittsburgh and Columbus.

"Stafford is set to fly into Boston on Thursday. He will not be at pregame skate, but will arrive prior to the Bruins' game against the New York Rangers at TD Garden," is the quote from the Bruins website, so I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play tonight.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Official thread for the remaining games this week. Tonight's game will be a huge match-up to see where the Bruins are really at. They have beaten some good teams since Cassidy took over and they've started winning at home. Let's see how they do against one the Metro's best. Rangers have lost 2 in a row, but are 2 points back of both Pittsburgh and Columbus.

"Stafford is set to fly into Boston on Thursday. He will not be at pregame skate, but will arrive prior to the Bruins' game against the New York Rangers at TD Garden," is the quote from the Bruins website, so I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play tonight.
    I'd actually be shocked if he did play lol. If he was like a top rental i.e. Vanek/Shattenkirk then I could see him playing right away. I think Cassidy gives him the night upstairs to see how the Bruins operate from a high level. Give him a few practices and insert him on Saturday.

On flip side, Cassidy might just throw him into the fire and see how he responds. Me personally I'd keep him out tonight. He doesn't increase your chances of winning or losing.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'd actually be shocked if he did play lol. If he was like a top rental i.e. Vanek/Shattenkirk then I could see him playing right away. I think Cassidy gives him the night upstairs to see how the Bruins operate from a high level. Give him a few practices and insert him on Saturday.

On flip side, Cassidy might just throw him into the fire and see how he responds. Me personally I'd keep him out tonight. He doesn't increase your chances of winning or losing.
    From the quote, I couldn't even tell if he'd make it in time to be an option to play. But yeah, I can't see them throwing him out there after a flight and no skate. I understand he's a veteran, but that's pretty unfair. Saturday would be a better scenario for all the reasons stated.

Boston Bruins @NHLBruins
    Coach Cassidy said Stafford will not play in tonight's game. He's flying in today & will practice on Friday with the team.
    As expected.

As far as the conditional pick goes and having to play 50% of his games. Does not playing today start him off as not having played a game?
    Boston Sports!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    As far as the conditional pick goes and having to play 50% of his games. Does not playing today start him off as not having played a game?
    Yes, but I thought it was based on playoff games and not regular season games.

Yes, but I thought it was based on playoff games and not regular season games.
    You could be entirely right. I saw the conditions in a tweet so I'm sure the full details werent fully disclosed in that tweet.
    Boston Sports!!

You could be entirely right. I saw the conditions in a tweet so I'm sure the full details werent fully disclosed in that tweet.
    I'm not 100% sure TBH. I thought it was passed on playoff games but I could be wrong

I'm not 100% sure TBH. I thought it was passed on playoff games but I could be wrong
    My understanding was playoff games and how far we go in the playoffs.

Haters gonna hate

Per Cheveldayoff:

Bruins miss the playoffs or Stafford plays fewer then half the games: '18 6th
    Stafford plays half the games and the Bruins make the playoffs: '18 5th
    Stafford plays half the games and the Bruins win the first round: '18 4th

This is from a fan from another board. So who knows if this is right, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Per Cheveldayoff:

Bruins miss the playoffs or Stafford plays fewer then half the games: '18 6th
    Stafford plays half the games and the Bruins make the playoffs: '18 5th
    Stafford plays half the games and the Bruins win the first round: '18 4th

This is from a fan from another board. So who knows if this is right, either.
    Haha so is it regular season games, playoff games or combined for the 4th or 5th

Haha so is it regular season games, playoff games or combined for the 4th or 5th
    I feel like it's half of the total games he's on the roster in Boston.

B's owning the neutral zone, need to capitalize on that type of pressure.
    Boston Sports!!

@bruins_stats 8h8 hours ago
    More
    Current odds for a Bruins 1st rd opponent
    28% OTT
    14% TOR
    09% MTL
    09% NYR
    08% WASH
    Also after this rangers game, vegas has has us as one of the teams with the easiest schedule the rest of the way, which should help us not fall off a cliff as we have the past 2 years. 3 different website have us at 80%, 77% and 73% chance to make the playoffs. With high percent chance of chance that we face Ottawa or Toronto first round.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 03-02-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Boston Sports!!

If only Bruins stats didn't use his account to pump out his hate for Sweeney, Krug , spooner and his Claude love. It'd be a great account.

Also would help if he didn't block anyone who disagrees with him lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast