Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bruins Development Camp / Rookie Camp

Figured we could use one thread for the B's development camp as well as the rookie camp (Sept). I've taken a social media break, so I probably won't be as quick to get info out as usual.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

There a nice story on zboril that can be found on the Boston Herald. Some good quotes from him. Shows a lot of maturity. If he backs it up on the ice, look out.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    There a nice story on zboril that can be found on the Boston Herald. Some good quotes from him. Shows a lot of maturity. If he backs it up on the ice, look out.
    Whose providence adding this year from guys turning pro? Potentially I have the following, but obviously some will make the B's out of camp.

Bjork
    JFK
    Senyshyn
    Zboril
    Lauzon
    Gabrielle
    Agostino

Add in guys that are already down their like DeBrusk, Heinen, Chelarik, Blidh, O'Gara, Fitzgerald and Grzelcyk and it could be a fun team to watch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Whose providence adding this year from guys turning pro? Potentially I have the following, but obviously some will make the B's out of camp.

Bjork
    JFK
    Senyshyn
    Zboril
    Lauzon
    Gabrielle
    Agostino

Add in guys that are already down their like DeBrusk, Heinen, Chelarik, Blidh, O'Gara, Fitzgerald and Grzelcyk and it could be a fun team to watch lol.
    Could be one of the deepest teams they've had in a while. Szwarz will be back as well. This team is going to be a must watch next year. I'll be attending a lot of games.

Could be one of the deepest teams they've had in a while. Szwarz will be back as well. This team is going to be a must watch next year. I'll be attending a lot of games.
    I should lol. Between Bridgeport and Hartford I have plenty of opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I should lol. Between Bridgeport and Hartford I have plenty of opportunities
    D alone has a chance to be absolutely deep:

Zboril
    O'Gara
    Lauzon
    Grzelcyk
    Cross
    Johansson

Lines?

Heinen-Czarnik-Szwarz
    Agostino/DeBrusk (whoever doesn't make the big club)-Cave-Senyshyn
    Gabrielle-Fitzgerald-Cehlarik
    Blidh-Koppanen-Hickman

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    D alone has a chance to be absolutely deep:

Zboril
    O'Gara
    Lauzon
    Grzelcyk
    Cross
    Johansson

Lines?

Heinen-Czarnik-Szwarz
    Agostino/DeBrusk (whoever doesn't make the big club)-Cave-Senyshyn
    Gabrielle-Fitzgerald-Cehlarik
    Blidh-Koppanen-Hickman
    Porter, I believe, is back as well. He was a very good player for the Bruins in the playoffs. Veteran with NHL experience. Team will have a solid mix of vets, and rookies.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Zboril just had a great bounce back season. I think hes in the NHL by the end of the year, Starts in the AHL and works his way up.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Zboril just had a great bounce back season. I think hes in the NHL by the end of the year, Starts in the AHL and works his way up.
    He and Lauzon have a chance this year to see NHL time. Camp is going to be a lot of fun. May have to get to a preseason game.

He and Lauzon have a chance this year to see NHL time. Camp is going to be a lot of fun. May have to get to a preseason game.
    I'm really interested to see how Zboril, Lauzon, Lindgren and Vaak all develop the next few years. There is obviously not enough room for all of them, so a move is pretty much expected. With Krug locked up for the foreseeable future, that leaves two LHD spots between 4 prospects coming up in the next few years.

Unfortunately I feel Lauzon may be the odd man out since Krug is already there, but much can change between then and now and I think Lauzon is a better two way prospect than most give him credit for. It should certainly be interesting to see how Sweeney handles his prospects. I would really like to see one of these guys moved for a young winger.

I'm really interested to see how Zboril, Lauzon, Lindgren and Vaak all develop the next few years. There is obviously not enough room for all of them, so a move is pretty much expected. With Krug locked up for the foreseeable future, that leaves two LHD spots between 4 prospects coming up in the next few years.

Unfortunately I feel Lauzon may be the odd man out since Krug is already there, but much can change between then and now and I think Lauzon is a better two way prospect than most give him credit for. It should certainly be interesting to see how Sweeney handles his prospects. I would really like to see one of these guys moved for a young winger.
    Looking at it right now, Krug is a UFA the same time Lauzon hits his RFA. Obviously, by then we'll have a good idea who busted and who took steps. So if a scenario happens where Lauzon makes the team in the next few years, and progresses into a top 4 guy, they may just let Krug walk. That's still a long ways down the road though.

https://www.pscp.tv/NHLBruins/1LyxBBWlVlnxN?t=5

Cassidy interview..... Found it interesting when he started going into having younger players with veterans and having them "buy in" to taking a younger player under their wing. To me, it really sounds like we're going to be getting a youth movement. He touched on Backes/JFK.....If they played a line together (3rd line):

Marchand -- Bergeron -- XXXXX
    XXXXX -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
    XXXXX -- JFK -- Backes
    XXXXX -- Nash -- Acciari

Sign a cheap veteran, Vanek fits perfectly as he can play both sides (LW with Krejci or RW with Bergeron) and use the extra two spots for Bjork, Vatrano, Debrusk, Cehlarik, Senyshyn (long shot)..... Spooner, if he's here, needs to slot in somewhere as well...It's hard to really predict now, because the roster isn't set, but either way, this camp should be interesting!

And obviously, this would mean JFK is a sure-fire for the 3rd line center. Just going with the example of Backes/JFK on a line together.

https://www.pscp.tv/NHLBruins/1LyxBBWlVlnxN?t=5

Cassidy interview..... Found it interesting when he started going into having younger players with veterans and having them "buy in" to taking a younger player under their wing. To me, it really sounds like we're going to be getting a youth movement. He touched on Backes/JFK.....If they played a line together (3rd line):

Marchand -- Bergeron -- XXXXX
    XXXXX -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
    XXXXX -- JFK -- Backes
    XXXXX -- Nash -- Acciari

Sign a cheap veteran, Vanek fits perfectly as he can play both sides (LW with Krejci or RW with Bergeron) and use the extra two spots for Bjork, Vatrano, Debrusk, Cehlarik, Senyshyn (long shot)..... Spooner, if he's here, needs to slot in somewhere as well...It's hard to really predict now, because the roster isn't set, but either way, this camp should be interesting!

And obviously, this would mean JFK is a sure-fire for the 3rd line center. Just going with the example of Backes/JFK on a line together.
    I would love if they went full youth movement.

Marchand-Bergy-senyshyn
    Bjork-Krejci-Pasta
    Beleskey-JFK-backes
    Schaller-Nash-Acciari
    Kurlay

Chara-Carlo
    Krug -mcavoy
    Zboril-Miller
    McQuaid

I know it's a monster youth movement but I think they should go for it. I would consider moving Spooner/vatrano and a pick or prospect for a RW
    Last edited by BoSox47; 07-08-2017 at 11:27 AM.

I would love if they went full youth movement.

Marchand-Bergy-senyshyn
    Bjork-Krejci-Pasta
    Beleskey-JFK-backes
    Schaller-Nash-Acciari
    Kurlay

Chara-Carlo
    Krug -mcavoy
    Zboril-Miller
    McQuaid

I know it's a monster youth movement but I think they should go for it. I would consider moving Spooner/vatrano and a pick or prospect for a RW
    I always forget Beleskey is still on the roster. I really don't think Senyshyn will be ready, but I'd be all for a youth movement as well. If guys aren't ready, they have others to call up (or start off here, and vice versa); I.E Cehlarik, Heinen, Debrusk...

I always forget Beleskey is still on the roster. I really don't think Senyshyn will be ready, but I'd be all for a youth movement as well. If guys aren't ready, they have others to call up (or start off here, and vice versa); I.E Cehlarik, Heinen, Debrusk...
    I think Beleskey has a bounce back yeat 12-16 goals 35 points. Hopefully, lol. Not sure if Senyshyn will be ready either, if he isnt then we need to make a trade. We have enough pieces to pull off a top 6 RW in a deal without destroying the prospect pool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast