Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2016 Boston Bruins Draft Talk Thread

Discuss all draft related stuff here!

Players you'd like to see drafted. Mock drafts (Bruins wise, or NHL total). Bruins draft discussions. Anything you want!

Can we get our **** together please?

vCash
    I'll do a little more looking before I decide, I alway get ripped a new one by you guys because I pick people in the wrong round

Anybody have some good sites that you get a break down of most of the kids?
    Unleash the Pasta!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    I'll do a little more looking before I decide, I alway get ripped a new one by you guys because I pick people in the wrong round

Anybody have some good sites that you get a break down of most of the kids?
    draftsite.com
    mynhldraft.com
    redlinereport.com
    nhl.com

vCash
    Are you looking for scouting sites or mock draft type sites?

I use Elite prospects as a site to look up guys. A lot of players have scouting reports on their page. MyNHLdraft has a decent 1st round (only) mock.

vCash
    With SJS beating the Kings, that pick is drifting into the 20-25 range now. Gotta start doing a little research on players in that range (assuming we keep the pick). I know some early names right now may be Max Jones, Pascal Laberge, Markus Niemelainen, or German Rubstov (who I do find intriguing).

Hell, maybe they go with a riser in Kelowna D-man, Lucas Johansen, who I would love to see them get ,regardless of late 1st/2nd.

vCash
    Also, 2Bleed. You were beating the drum about the Bruins need to draft "bigger," players. You do know that this past draft the Bruins took 1 player under 6 feet tall (and he was a 6th/7th round pick). To highlight, Zachary Senyshyn is already 6'2'' 200+ lbs as a 19 year old.

vCash

2016 Boston Bruins Draft Talk Thread

Not to mention Jimmy Hayes is a shining example of big size doesn't mean big game. With that said though, if he falls to the Sharks pick, I'd love for the B's to look at Riley Tufte. He's more of a project player, but he already has a 6"5' frame to build off of. I've seen him anywhere from top-15 to the end of the first round in mocks

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Also, 2Bleed. You were beating the drum about the Bruins need to draft "bigger," players. You do know that this past draft the Bruins took 1 player under 6 feet tall (and he was a 6th/7th round pick). To highlight, Zachary Senyshyn is already 6'2'' 200+ lbs as a 19 year old.
    Nice sounds like a horton player can play physical but he misses the nastiness

But see guys I say size but like Toms said its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

I understand the difference between having a guy like marchand over a guy like butter hayes. But getting one or two guys over 6f2 that play like they are over 6f2 makes everyone a little bigger on the ice. Loui 6f2 does not play 6f2 power foward style and I get its not easy but I want to find those guys that when the other teams D is going into the corner to get the dumped puck, they are nervous and want to pass the puck quicker, so they can make mistakes and get us th puck in the offensive zone

Like I'll give you an example of why I don't want too much talent on those big boys, Ovi Perry & Malkin they are big and can throw some big hits but they will never focus on the role to go get the puck (which they shouldn't) but a guy like Lucic in his first years was a key player because he would scare the **** out of the other team, yet he was still good enough to put in a few and set the guys up

I'm just trying to say BPA for me is less skill and more nastiness. So if both players are equal in size, I'd go after the guy with more fights and hitting over the guy that can score more. But I'm not saying that for all the time, I just keep repeating my self because we don't have many. You mentioned that other kid in the Prospect thread, but he is a 3rd 4th liner, I want to find someone to roll with Krejci and Bergs

See guys what I mean size, like Tomsa said doesn't mean anything if you don't use it
    Unleash the Pasta!

vCash
    Please stay away from Logan Brown lol would suck sending somebody like Nylander or Marner (both 5'11") out against that beast for years to come... 6'6" Center with speed and skill and could go anywhere from 10-20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Please stay away from Logan Brown lol would suck sending somebody like Nylander or Marner (both 5'11") out against that beast for years to come... 6'6" Center with speed and skill and could go anywhere from 10-20.
    Just wondering if you have seen him play at all? A lot of what I do is go off youtube and scouting reports on players since the CHL is not a first choice option down here in the States. He definitely has the size and skill. Just wondering if he uses it all the time. Heard that is a knock on him. I also picture those huge centers turning into Joe Colborne or Brian Boyle; both decent NHL players, but ones who never really lived up to their potential.

vCash
    I would love to get LW Riley Tufte with our first pick and I would absolutely take a chance on RW Alex DeBrincat with our second 1st rd pick. We are missing skill players on the wing and in a couple years, with the right drafting, these two kids could be up with Senyshyn and DeBrusk to form a talented nucleus for our team.

I don't think there is a DMan worthy of taking with any of our 1st rd picks that has the talent to make an immediate (2016 or 2017) impact like last year's crop of Zboril and Carlo for us. I think both Zboril and Carlo will see some sort of time with the B's in 2016-2017.

vCash
    Debrincat is absolutely a guy I want... I haven't seen such a variation in potential draft position since that Russian dude 3 or so years back. I've seen He can go anywhere from top 10 to back end of round 2 lol

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I would love to get LW Riley Tufte with our first pick and I would absolutely take a chance on RW Alex DeBrincat with our second 1st rd pick. We are missing skill players on the wing and in a couple years, with the right drafting, these two kids could be up with Senyshyn and DeBrusk to form a talented nucleus for our team.

I don't think there is a DMan worthy of taking with any of our 1st rd picks that has the talent to make an immediate (2016 or 2017) impact like last year's crop of Zboril and Carlo for us. I think both Zboril and Carlo will see some sort of time with the B's in 2016-2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Debrincat is absolutely a guy I want... I haven't seen such a variation in potential draft position since that Russian dude 3 or so years back. I've seen He can go anywhere from top 10 to back end of round 2 lol
    DeBrincat is a nice little player, but I wouldn't spend a 1st on him. If he's there when we pick at #32 (thank you EDM), than I'd consider taking him. He's a dynamic forward, but the big question is how will he do against bigger stronger players. Will he be able to handle an NHL schedule or will he wear down significantly throughout the season.

vCash
    There are a couple prospects I like in the 14 spot range.

With our pick:
    1. Mikhail Sergachev(D) - good size, strength and skill, but will most likely be gone.
    2. Dante Fabbro (D)- every where I look scouts seem to agree this guy is a very well rounded player, moves the puck well and 3 zone defender.
    3. Julien Gauthier(RW) - big winger with a great shot, could really benefit from a good center who can get him the puck.

With San Jose's pick:
    Max Jones(LW) - Dont think he will fall to this pick, but he is a strong skater who is good on the puck with a heavy shot.
    German Rubtsov(C) - Had a great world juniors. Solid two way center.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    If the Bruins don't trade one of their 1st round picks, I would be shocked. Everything lines up perfectly for us to make a move. Judging by how the deadline went, there clearly is some value to a 1st round pick. I'd still have to see which teams get eliminated from the playoffs to craft trade scenarios but drafting 3 kids in the 1st round last year means we have the luxury to do so. And should.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast