Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Chavez/Nix platoon
    Nix is a backup. Just because the yankees are in firsts doesnt they should get comfortable. No one crazy is needed just a solid player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Chavez/Nix platoon
    Agree with you here YC, with the lead we have on the division, there really won't be that huge of a drop off with the replacement players that we have to fill in. All that matters is that the injured cogs (pettitte and a-rod) are back in time to get in the swing of things for the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Agree with you here YC, with the lead we have on the division, there really won't be that huge of a drop off with the replacement players that we have to fill in. All that matters is that the injured cogs (pettitte and a-rod) are back in time to get in the swing of things for the playoffs.
    Not to mention we are still the least injured AL East contender in the division (sorry O's fans, I'm not catching what you're pitching)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Nix is a backup. Just because the yankees are in firsts doesnt they should get comfortable. No one crazy is needed just a solid player.
    Jayson Nix is a gentleman and a scholar!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefootball View Post
    Jon Heyman twitter

I think I see a match, or two.
    I wouldn't go after a 3Bmen on more than a 1 year deal. Remember Arod will be back in 6 to 8 weeks. No point in a contract more than a year, Ramirez is signed more 3 years.

vCash
    What about someone like Marco Scutaro, can he be shifted to 3B?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    What about someone like Marco Scutaro, can he be shifted to 3B?
    He's probably the best of the low cost options (Polanco, Wigginton, Stephen Drew) but unless he's real cheap, I'd go with what we have internally (Nix, Joseph, Laird, Chavez).

vCash
    I don't know if Ronnie Musteilier is healthy, but his best position is third base...
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I don't know if Ronnie Musteilier is healthy, but his best position is third base...
    Still on DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford1829 View Post
    Brewers shopping Aramis Ramirez? That seems like a name that could be had for salary relief without giving up much marquee prospect value.

The question is does he provide much of an upgrade over Chavez?

Also, Chase Headley is another name i saw mentioned and too me he's always underperformed. Not to mention the Padres will likely seek a big package in return for him. Again, Im okay with going with Chavez instead.
    i wouldn't touch Ramirez, he's signed to a pretty big deal for the next 3 yrs. He's already 34 and showing signs of decline. If it were a 2 month rental it might make sense.

I'd love to get Headley, his numbers outside Petco are pretty good, he's still right in his prime and could play either RF or 3rd base next yr depending on our needs. Plus he's under control till 2015. The problem is the Padres are looking for a huge package in return and IMO we aren't in the position to do that

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    There's no point in *****ing over A-Rod's contract. It happened and now we are stuck with it. You shouldn't hate A-Rod for the contract, you should hate our idiotic FO for giving him that contract in the first place. He's regressing like any other athlete but is still an above average player. The Yankees miscalculated and gave him the monster contract and now are going to have to live with it. It's not A-Rod's fault he's getting old or that his employer was on drugs when he got his 10 year contract.
    agreed
    He's massively over payed and we ve know that since the day he signed his contract. The only reason the Yanks signed him to that kind of deal is the huge revenue dollars they stand to make as he approaches the HR record

Pissing and *****ing about him now is pointless, he's been hurt for significant time each of the last 3 yrs which is why his numbers are down. A .276/.358/.449 line with 15 hrs and pretty solid defense is a very good 3rd baseman if u don't factor in the money, It sucks to because he just looked like he was going to go on a hot streak. I just hope he can be ready for the playoffs and not have any lingering effects come playoff time. Also I really hope the he can stay healthy all next yr, i really think if he can play 145+ game he can still hit ,270/ 30 hrs/ 100 rbis
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Eric chavez at 3rd base everyday is a huge mistake. The yankees must get a 3rd baseman.
    Its definitely not ideal but finding someone that won't cost the farm, is gone by next yr and is an actual upgrade over Chavez and Nixs is going to be hard to do. I'm guess that if they can't a descent utility player they'll stick with what they have and pray Nunez can preform at a similar level that he did last yr
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    I prefer a pitcher. Chase Headly won't help us win the World Series
    I disagree a combo of CC, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes and a healthy Pettitte is as good or better than any other current playoff teams rotation. Any pitcher available that would be an upgrade of any of those guys would cost the moon. As far as relief pitching we have Joba who should be back withing 10 days plus Aardsma and possibly Feliciano back before the playoffs. If they could find another good LHer reliever i wouldn't complain

vCash
    I hate how everyone complains about A-Rod's production compared to his contract. Nobody in the entire sport is worth $30MM per year, just be happy that he's giving us above-average production at third base.

Also, we should be looking for some bullpen help, but on the cheap. Cashman should go get Shawn Camp from the Cubs. RAB had a writeup on him, he's VERY cheap and has been having a good season. I'd love to get Scutaro, but not necessarily to play third base. And I do think we need a new catcher. Why not George Kottaras from the Brewers, now that they're committed to selling?
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I hate how everyone complains about A-Rod's production compared to his contract. Nobody in the entire sport is worth $30MM per year, just be happy that he's giving us above-average production at third base.

Also, we should be looking for some bullpen help, but on the cheap. Cashman should go get Shawn Camp from the Cubs. RAB had a writeup on him, he's VERY cheap and has been having a good season. I'd love to get Scutaro, but not necessarily to play third base. And I do think we need a new catcher. Why not George Kottaras from the Brewers, now that they're committed to selling?
    why? I think the pen is fine and joba is gonna be back...
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano-Montero... View Post
    why? I think the pen is fine and joba is gonna be back...
    Agreed ....u wanna say another bat I'm in.... Who is out there that is an easy get and can still produce ..... Soriano ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Agreed ....u wanna say another bat I'm in.... Who is out there that is an easy get and can still produce ..... Soriano ??
    Need a catcher or a third baseman. Regardless of how decent a hitter he might be, he is neither of those and not worth it at all.

vCash
    Rumors now saying that Cliff Lee might be available. As a salary dump the Yankees should do it just to **** him over

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast