Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I really still don't get the Arod hate. So he gets paid a lot, uh, everybody is these days. Look at that Pujols contract, Lee's, now Hamels'. And he may not be the monster he was that is to be expected since he has aged but he is still one of the best hitters on the team.
    Agree completely. We all know the contract is an albatross and it sucks to be stuck with it. But people are letting their A-Rod hate get in the way of the fact he's still one of our better hitters and our already thin (IMO) lineup just got thinner with him out for a while.

Pretty positive people will be jumping for joy if whoever we get to fill in for A-Rod hits for a .276/.358/.449 line.

vCash
    #brewers are ready to sell, @DKnobler says. good pieces. #greinke #aramis #krod #kottaras maybe #hart
    Jon Heyman twitter

I think I see a match, or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Agree completely. We all know the contract is an albatross and it sucks to be stuck with it. But people are letting their A-Rod hate get in the way of the fact he's still one of our better hitters and our already thin (IMO) lineup just got thinner with him out for a while.

Pretty positive people will be jumping for joy if whoever we get to fill in for A-Rod hits for a .276/.358/.449 line.
    Your absolutely right. The Arod hate is a result of the incredibly high expectations the man has created for himself. In comparison to the rest of the league, Arod was having a relatively productive year and he was on a recent surge. In addition, his defense has been stellar all year.

If your expecting the .320, 56 HR, and 160+ RBI Arod this year than certainly your disappointed but like the gentlemen said above if we get someone to fill in at a .276 clip the rest of the way, we would be highly satisfied.

Yankees - Knicks - NY Giants - UK Wildcats - Michigan Wolverines

My UFC Crew:

HW: J.Dos Santos - R.Nelson - B.Schaub
    LHW: R.Evans - J.Jones - Shogun Rua - G.Teixeira - A.Gustafson
    MW: C.Leben - A.Silva - C.Sonnon
    WW: G.St.Pierre - R.McDonald - J.Hendricks
    LW: D.Cerrone - J.Lauzon - M.Johnson - R.Nijem - N.Diaz - M.Chiesa
    FW: J.Aldo - J.Brookins - C.Sung-Jung
    BW: M.McDonald - U.Faber

vCash
    Brewers shopping Aramis Ramirez? That seems like a name that could be had for salary relief without giving up much marquee prospect value.

The question is does he provide much of an upgrade over Chavez?

Also, Chase Headley is another name i saw mentioned and too me he's always underperformed. Not to mention the Padres will likely seek a big package in return for him. Again, Im okay with going with Chavez instead.

Yankees - Knicks - NY Giants - UK Wildcats - Michigan Wolverines

My UFC Crew:

HW: J.Dos Santos - R.Nelson - B.Schaub
    LHW: R.Evans - J.Jones - Shogun Rua - G.Teixeira - A.Gustafson
    MW: C.Leben - A.Silva - C.Sonnon
    WW: G.St.Pierre - R.McDonald - J.Hendricks
    LW: D.Cerrone - J.Lauzon - M.Johnson - R.Nijem - N.Diaz - M.Chiesa
    FW: J.Aldo - J.Brookins - C.Sung-Jung
    BW: M.McDonald - U.Faber

vCash
    I really still don't get the Arod hate. So he gets paid a lot, uh, everybody is these days. Look at that Pujols contract, Lee's, now Hamels'. And he may not be the monster he was that is to be expected since he has aged but he is still one of the best hitters on the team.
    But he is getting 30M a season. That is unacceptable for a guy who is basically now a solid player, but nothing special. Not really an impact player. And that contract likely has already kept the team from making moves, and will definitely stop us from making moves/signings in the future.

For the record, I don't hate the guy. But it was a joke that he got that contract in the first place, noone else was going to give him anywhere near that cash, and he ended up crawling back to us, and getting everything he wanted. You really can't make the argument "well, a lot of guys get paid". The Hamels and Pujols deals are ridiculous as well. And just like A-Rod's deal, those deals will hamstring the Angels and Phils big time at some point.

vCash
    You want to complain about bang for the buck? Martin gets paid 7.5 million and look at the production getting out of that. That is a waste of money.

Arod hasn't kept the team from doing anything it didn't want to. Just this past offseason CC was resigned to a big deal so you can not make that argument. This team has the highest payroll in the league, they aren't the marlins or the padres where one contract can cripple the franchise. The team survived Giambi, Kevin Brown, Pavano, etc and was still able to get the guys they want. That will never be an issue PLUS if Arod starts to get close to breaking the home run record, that is a ton of bonus revenue the Yanks will see. And to say Arod isn't an impact player is misguided. He is an impact player and trust me, the impact of him being out 6-8 weeks WILL be felt by this club.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Noone's fault but the Yankees themselves if they can't make moves because of A-Rod's contract. They literally payed him twice as much as any other team would have.

vCash
    You want to complain about bang for the buck? Martin gets paid 7.5 million and look at the production getting out of that. That is a waste of money.

Arod hasn't kept the team from doing anything it didn't want to. Just this past offseason CC was resigned to a big deal so you can not make that argument. This team has the highest payroll in the league, they aren't the marlins or the padres where one contract can cripple the franchise. The team survived Giambi, Kevin Brown, Pavano, etc and was still able to get the guys they want. That will never be an issue PLUS if Arod starts to get close to breaking the home run record, that is a ton of bonus revenue the Yanks will see. And to say Arod isn't an impact player is misguided. He is an impact player and trust me, the impact of him being out 6-8 weeks WILL be felt by this club.
    False...

That was the old Yankees, ran by the Boss.

If you haven't noticed, the young Steinbrenner regime is very concerned with getting under that luxury cap number in a few years. CC, well, is the ace, and has been worth every penny of his deal. And the team hasn't thrown money at anyone for several seasons now, those kinds of wild signings appear to be over.

I didn't say a bad deal would cripple the team, but all that wasted cash will definitely affect the way the team does business. Tex is making a ton, Grandy and Robbie have to get paid...You are kidding yourself if you think things aren't different now. Montero was dealt for Pineda primarily because the team was gambling that Pineda could be a top-of-the-rotation guy, so we wouldn't have to go out and pay a fortune for one...

If you call a .270ish hitter who most likely will put up 20 or so homers, 70 or so RBI's an impact guy, than fine. I call that a decent player. And then when you consider him being in the heart of the order, not so great. Then you factor in he is overpaid by more than a few million, looks even worse. And even if we get lucky and he continues his climb up the HR ladder, does anyone really care? The roid discovery/admission basically ruined all that. So I am not arguing he sucks, but his deal sure does. And the fact that he is a shell of what he was even a few years ago does as well..

Oh, and yeah, Martin for 7.5 isn't good. But it was a one year deal. Alex still has 5 years at a total of 118M, not counting bonuses. That is quite a big difference, no?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Call up Posada. He can play for two months.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    George Kottaras wouldn't be too bad a pick up. He can hit right-handed pitching with some pop. He's also not a FA till the 2015 season (I think). The downside is that he can't hit lefty pitching and is pretty bad at throwing out runners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    False...

That was the old Yankees, ran by the Boss.

If you haven't noticed, the young Steinbrenner regime is very concerned with getting under that luxury cap number in a few years. CC, well, is the ace, and has been worth every penny of his deal. And the team hasn't thrown money at anyone for several seasons now, those kinds of wild signings appear to be over.

I didn't say a bad deal would cripple the team, but all that wasted cash will definitely affect the way the team does business. Tex is making a ton, Grandy and Robbie have to get paid...You are kidding yourself if you think things aren't different now. Montero was dealt for Pineda primarily because the team was gambling that Pineda could be a top-of-the-rotation guy, so we wouldn't have to go out and pay a fortune for one...

If you call a .270ish hitter who most likely will put up 20 or so homers, 70 or so RBI's an impact guy, than fine. I call that a decent player. And then when you consider him being in the heart of the order, not so great. Then you factor in he is overpaid by more than a few million, looks even worse. And even if we get lucky and he continues his climb up the HR ladder, does anyone really care? The roid discovery/admission basically ruined all that. So I am not arguing he sucks, but his deal sure does. And the fact that he is a shell of what he was even a few years ago does as well..

Oh, and yeah, Martin for 7.5 isn't good. But it was a one year deal. Alex still has 5 years at a total of 118M, not counting bonuses. That is quite a big difference, no?
    Agree to disagree.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    There's no point in *****ing over A-Rod's contract. It happened and now we are stuck with it. You shouldn't hate A-Rod for the contract, you should hate our idiotic FO for giving him that contract in the first place. He's regressing like any other athlete but is still an above average player. The Yankees miscalculated and gave him the monster contract and now are going to have to live with it. It's not A-Rod's fault he's getting old or that his employer was on drugs when he got his 10 year contract.

vCash
    Eric chavez at 3rd base everyday is a huge mistake. The yankees must get a 3rd baseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Eric chavez at 3rd base everyday is a huge mistake. The yankees must get a 3rd baseman.
    Chavez/Nix platoon

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    I prefer a pitcher. Chase Headly won't help us win the World Series

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast