Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    I Would Send ARod and Gardner to LA for Crawford
    Yes Crawford is not good; but he is = to Gardner when healthy and it also means No more AROD Cancer

Granderson can be traded to either Texas or whomever loses out on JHAM
    Possibly Granderson, Bentences for Elvis Andrus? (New 3B)

---

With Pineda Back and the Rotation looking solid; I would trade resign irichio in the off season; Bring On Board Crawford; and Look to sign BJ Upton
    Your A-Rod proposal isn't terrible. I'd bet on Crawford being more productive than A-Rod over the duration of his contract. Of course, A-Rod has to go along with that and he might not.

I think Texas will get a better haul for Andrus than Granderson and Betances.

I would avoid both Uptons like the plague.

I would sign Jeff Keppinger to play 3B.

vCash
    I agree; Texas wants a type A major league starter for Andrus; but if JHAM is gone they may need to make up 40plus homers.

I figure AROD and Crawford are both owed a ton of money; so forgetting money; id get the player with the most upside at this point

I have heard bad things on the Uptons; one scout I know says BJ is not worth it; I liked him so IDK

Wouldnt mind Nunez at 3b full time
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    If it were up to me, I'd do everything I can to get both Kuroda and Pettitte back. For the rotation, I'd roll with:

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Andy
    Hughes
    Pineda/Phelps

As for the lineup, I let Swisher walk and pick up Granderson's option and keep him for one more year. At the very least, you may be able to dump him near the deadline if needed or you only have him one more year. I also resign Ichiro and go after Bourn. Look for Martin cheap, because at this point I dont know who we'd get to replace him.

My lineup is as follows:

Bourn - CF/RF
    Jeter - SS
    Cano - 2B
    Teixeira -1B
    Arod - 3B
    Granderson - OF/DH
    Martin - C
    Ichiro - LF
    Gardner - CF/RF

We might lack some power in the OF, but I'd like the slap hits and the speed.

Hate on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd do everything I can to get both Kuroda and Pettitte back. For the rotation, I'd roll with:

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Andy
    Hughes
    Pineda/Phelps

As for the lineup, I let Swisher walk and pick up Granderson's option and keep him for one more year. At the very least, you may be able to dump him near the deadline if needed or you only have him one more year. I also resign Ichiro and go after Bourn. Look for Martin cheap, because at this point I dont know who we'd get to replace him.

My lineup is as follows:

Bourn - CF/RF
    Jeter - SS
    Cano - 2B
    Teixeira -1B
    Arod - 3B
    Granderson - OF/DH
    Martin - C
    Ichiro - LF
    Gardner - CF/RF

We might lack some power in the OF, but I'd like the slap hits and the speed.

Hate on!
    I love the idea of having some speed in the lineup, guys who can turn a single into a double by stealing 2nd base. I don't know about having three punch and judy hitters in the OF though. I think you need one thumper out there. Also, I would adjust that lineup a little so that Ichiro, Gardner, and Bourne (three similar hitters) did not follow each other.

vCash
    I think we should trade Gardner Jeter and Ichiro for home run hitters.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I love the idea of having some speed in the lineup, guys who can turn a single into a double by stealing 2nd base. I don't know about having three punch and judy hitters in the OF though. I think you need one thumper out there. Also, I would adjust that lineup a little so that Ichiro, Gardner, and Bourne (three similar hitters) did not follow each other.
    YED love the idea. Have been saying Bourne since May when I realized how much I hate Swisher.

I wouldn't even re-sign Ichiro unless he is willing to accept a lesser role.

Jeter
    Bourne
    Tex
    Cano
    Arod
    Granderson
    Martin
    Gardner
    DH (Ibanez, Arod, Chavez, Jeter) and have Nunez or Adams play field.

I would love that lineup. Hopefully Yanks peusue Bourne.

vCash
    I think having an OF of Gardner, Bourne and Ichiro is going from one extreme to the other. Just like having a ton of all or nothing HR hitters isn't the ideal way to build a lineup, having a whole OF of guys with no power at all is just as bad IMO.

People can keep saying we need to move away from the all or nothing approach and I agree. But that doesn't mean we should go all light hitting slap hitters. With Swisher probably gone, Granderson possibly gone the year after and the continued decline of A-Rod and Tex there is gonna be a severe lack of power bats in this lineup very soon.

Personally, I'm not sure how I even feel about signing Ichiro for next year. I know he put up a solid last couple weeks and has been solid in the postseason but its hard not to think of his last 2 years and wonder whether he can hold up for a whole year. I'm sure people will think I'm crazy for even saying that but I don't think signing Ichiro is as cut and dry as people make it out to be.

vCash
    I've adjusted my lineup:

Bourn
    Jeter
    Cano
    Ortiz
    Teixeira
    Arod
    Granderson
    Martin
    Gardner

Use Ichiro's money on Ortiz.

vCash
    sin shoo choo baby contact hitter with power and shown ablity to hit in the clutch has speed and plays solid d
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    What exactly do you guys think is reasonable for Bourn? Just looking at him at a glance he will be 30 this year and had his lowest steal total since 2008. I'm not saying he is not a speedy guy but speed is something that does decrease with age (one of the most noticeable things).

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    What exactly do you guys think is reasonable for Bourn? Just looking at him at a glance he will be 30 this year and had his lowest steal total since 2008. I'm not saying he is not a speedy guy but speed is something that does decrease with age (one of the most noticeable things).
    How was his OBP? Could also depend on who was hitting behind him and how well they were playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    How was his OBP? Could also depend on who was hitting behind him and how well they were playing.
    Fluctuated from .341-.354 between 2009-2012.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Fluctuated from .341-.354 between 2009-2012.
    Wouldn't be too concerned.

My fear with Bourne, my only fear, is he turns into a pull happy hitter.

vCash
    Wait...he had 42 steals this season. More steal than 2008, 2010, 2011

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ournmi01.shtml

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Wait...he had 42 steals this season. More steal than 2008, 2010, 2011

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ournmi01.shtml
    2008: 41
    2009: 61
    2010: 52
    2011: 61
    2012: 42

Like I said, lowest total since 2008. It was also his lowest SB % of his career.

Masahiro Tanaka

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast