Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philjobaian View Post
    I'm calling it here the yankees will trade Granderson this off season to save money

who would want him after his pathetic playoff performance? the newark bears?

vCash
    Off Season predictions. Arod and/or Cano gets traded to the Dodgers, Swisher signs elsewhere, Granderson gets traded to whomever will put up with his k's. So i guess I'm expecting a large overhaul this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Off Season predictions. Arod and/or Cano gets traded to the Dodgers, Swisher signs elsewhere, Granderson gets traded to whomever will put up with his k's. So i guess I'm expecting a large overhaul this offseason.

At A-rod getting traded.

I guess you don't understand a no trade clause? He wouldn't ever accept a trade.

Not only that; but dodgers have what need for him? They have a 3B who is locked up..

And no DH in the NL.

He's here for another 5 years. Deal with it, or don't watch. Simple.

And as far as Granderson, he has a team option, so if the Yankees don't want him, they won't pick up his option. They aren't going to pick up his 13 plus million dollar option and try to trade him, as no one is going to give us any real value for a one year CF rental

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

At A-rod getting traded.

I guess you don't understand a no trade clause? He wouldn't ever accept a trade.

Not only that; but dodgers have what need for him? They have a 3B who is locked up..

And no DH in the NL.

He's here for another 5 years. Deal with it, or don't watch. Simple.
    hanley is moving to short next year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    who would want him after his pathetic playoff performance? the newark bears?
    i can name you a handful of teams that would want granderson, and one of them plays in new york.

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    hanley is moving to short next year
    Yeah, because their regular 3B will be back from his injury.

vCash
    Yeah, because their regular 3B will be back from his injury.
    you mean luis cruz? cuz i'm sure arod is better than cruz at this point.

vCash
    i'm not saying la will trade for arod but in terms of draw arod still draws fans. Please a above average third base. For an ownership who overspent a billion dollars on the team i can see them thinking about it. If they are willing to trade for carl crawford. I would beg LA to take arod, addition by subtraction the aj burnett theory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    i'm not saying la will trade for arod but in terms of draw arod still draws fans. Please a above average third base. For an ownership who overspent a billion dollars on the team i can see them thinking about it. If they are willing to trade for carl crawford. I would beg LA to take arod, addition by subtraction the aj burnett theory.
    They also have some good 3B prospects.

And again, a-rod would never APPROVE a trade to LA dodgers.

vCash
    Never? If he was told he was going to be a bench player? Really?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6cadi6 View Post
    Never? If he was told he was going to be a bench player? Really?
    A bench player making 20 plus million a year at 38? Would you?

You people crack me up.

And he won't be a bench player. He's still solid at 3B. And we also have no 3B prospects ready and don't have the talent too go get a solid young 3B. Nor the money.

vCash
    They also have some good 3B prospects.

And again, a-rod would never APPROVE a trade to LA dodgers.
    Donít be so sure after all that has unfolded these past few weeks. If I were A-Rod Iíd do anything to shut up the fans that were booing me and prove them all wrong. But since thatís not possible Iíd just want to get the hell out. As for replacements go, I know Nunez is brutal in the field, but his defense for his bat and salary reduction is a more than fair trade off until I could find a more permanent solution. I just donít know who would take him. Not sure why L.A. has become the place to dump all the guys you donít want anymore. They only made that trade to get a first baseman they desperately wanted. Theyíd be better off giving A-Rodís money to Vin Scully.

If they do find a way to get rid of him, they'll have to take something else on they don't want. I can't see how they would be able to pull of something like the Red Sox did. The only realistic opportunity to dump A-Rod (and I use the term realistic very loosely here) would be something like a Buehrle and Heath Bell swap. There wonít be much of a difference payroll wise year to year, except that the Yankees wonít be sunk in for 5 more years. Neither team would be terribly thrilled about what it was getting but it would certainly provide them with something they want in some fashion.

vCash
    A bench player making 20 plus million a year at 38? Would you?

You people crack me up.

And he won't be a bench player. He's still solid at 3B. And we also have no 3B prospects ready and don't have the talent too go get a solid young 3B. Nor the money.
    have you read any post game comments, him and swish both are happy to have a change of scenery, sounds like people who want out to me.

vCash
    I just don't see any team taking Arods contract no matter how big of a draw he is, its way to much money for what any team is would expect to get production wise. Unless the Yanks are wiling to eat half the contract he going to be a Yankee until the contract is over. The Dodgers might have spent like crazy but the players the picked up, especially long term are still fairly young and have a chance to rebound significantly

As bad as he's been the last couple months i still think alot of it has to do with hum breaking his power hand and not having the rehab assignment to get his timing back and he's pressing harder than he ever has to get results compounding the problem.

I know i'll get ripped for this but i still think a healthy Arod, while massively overpaid, is an above average 3rd baseman an can still be a productive player for us.

vCash
    I Would Send ARod and Gardner to LA for Crawford
    Yes Crawford is not good; but he is = to Gardner when healthy and it also means No more AROD Cancer

Granderson can be traded to either Texas or whomever loses out on JHAM
    Possibly Granderson, Bentences for Elvis Andrus? (New 3B)

---

With Pineda Back and the Rotation looking solid; I would trade resign irichio in the off season; Bring On Board Crawford; and Look to sign BJ Upton
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast