Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Maybe the Yanks should look at that blockbuster trade that the Red Sox and Dodgers did and constuct an offseason trade that would package a highly covented player (Cano), a young attractive piece (Nova) and your worse contract (A-Rod)

Package Cano, Nova and A-Rod. The receiving team gets a young, MLB ready pitcher, the top second baseman and a serviceable 3rd baseman with all the money tied to it.

Trade 1 (with Giants) - Bring back Zito, Sandoval and prospects. Although Zito has a 20mil hit on 13, he had a 7mil buyout in 14. Sandoval makes only 8mil and is serviceable at 3rd. Giants always need power and you give them 2 power pieces. It would be the perfect counter to the Dodgers.

Trade 2 (with Cubs) - Bring back Soriano, Castro and prospect. Bringing Soriano means Ich and Swish are gone. Castro is a good serviceable SS that could covert to 2nd. Not the best but something.

I was thinking Angels and get Hower Kendrick but that means you have to take Vernon Wells....no thanks.

Trade 3 (with White Sox) - Bring back Rios or Danks (Albatross contracts) and Gordon Beckham with prospects. Rios fills into the outfield and Beckham is young good 2nd. When they make this deal, the WS will not pick up Youks option (13mil) and we go sign him. Another Red Sox back in pinstripes. That alone would make me smile.

At the end, you will rid yourself of A-Rod contract and Cano (who will ask for $20 mil annually)

Thoughts?
    it will be tough to pull that off. also, you won't get guys like Castro or Pablo Sandoval back. It's a salary dump. The trade is Cano for the other team taking ARod.

vCash
    I think teams are gonna learn that $20 million players are a waste and it will stop happening.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    it will be tough to pull that off. also, you won't get guys like Castro or Pablo Sandoval back. It's a salary dump. The trade is Cano for the other team taking ARod.
    It also doesn't work out very well when the "good" trade piece (Cano) is headed for free agency in a year and the "bad" trade piece (ARod) is around until 2017. I doubt any team takes on ARod's contract just to get one year out of Cano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Maybe the Yanks should look at that blockbuster trade that the Red Sox and Dodgers did and constuct an offseason trade that would package a highly covented player (Cano), a young attractive piece (Nova) and your worse contract (A-Rod)

Package Cano, Nova and A-Rod. The receiving team gets a young, MLB ready pitcher, the top second baseman and a serviceable 3rd baseman with all the money tied to it.

Trade 1 (with Giants) - Bring back Zito, Sandoval and prospects. Although Zito has a 20mil hit on 13, he had a 7mil buyout in 14. Sandoval makes only 8mil and is serviceable at 3rd. Giants always need power and you give them 2 power pieces. It would be the perfect counter to the Dodgers.

Trade 2 (with Cubs) - Bring back Soriano, Castro and prospect. Bringing Soriano means Ich and Swish are gone. Castro is a good serviceable SS that could covert to 2nd. Not the best but something.

I was thinking Angels and get Hower Kendrick but that means you have to take Vernon Wells....no thanks.

Trade 3 (with White Sox) - Bring back Rios or Danks (Albatross contracts) and Gordon Beckham with prospects. Rios fills into the outfield and Beckham is young good 2nd. When they make this deal, the WS will not pick up Youks option (13mil) and we go sign him. Another Red Sox back in pinstripes. That alone would make me smile.

At the end, you will rid yourself of A-Rod contract and Cano (who will ask for $20 mil annually)

Thoughts?
    No. No. No.

vCash
    Dodgers have $188m committed next year to like 10 guys including $8.3m to manny. Hi.

Yikes.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Dodgers have $188m committed next year to like 10 guys including $8.3m to manny. Hi.

Yikes.
    That trade is going to come back and bite them in the *** in a few years.

vCash

Yikes.
    You don't think taking on over 300 million dollars worth of salary obligation is bad idea?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    You don't think taking on over 300 million dollars worth of salary obligation is bad idea?
    It's borderline ********. Bought team for 2.1 billion. Spending like drunken sailors. All on credit. No cash.

Recipe for disaster.

Man, Sox were fkn smart here. Genius move. Just genius.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    It's borderline ********. Bought team for 2.1 billion. Spending like drunken sailors. All on credit. No cash.

Recipe for disaster.

I was at the Sox game last night. There were a ton of Sox fans horrified at the trade. I assumed they were morons.

vCash

Recipe for disaster.

The Sox were definitely the winners of this trade in my eyes. Don't mention that to any Dodgers fans in the MLB forum though, they only look at this situation in the short term.

vCash
    I was at the Sox game last night. There were a ton of Sox fans horrified at the trade. I assumed they were morons.
    They had to be morons if they think getting Beckett's and Crawford's contracts off the books is a bad idea.

vCash
    That trade has completely made me rethink the Yanks.

I definitely don't resign Grandy. Cano will be a game time decision based on the next two playoff runs.

Teams like the angels and dodgers are going to be hamstrung like we are very soon.

Feels like being the Knicks before 2011.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    That trade has completely made me rethink the Yanks.

I definitely don't resign Grandy. Cano will be a game time decision based on the next two playoff runs.

Teams like the angels and dodgers are going to be hamstrung like we are very soon.

Feels like being the Knicks before 2011.
    Those were some dark times. Thanks Isiah!

But yeah I don't think they should consider resigning Grandy. I think there are cheaper alternatives out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    The Sox were definitely the winners of this trade in my eyes. Don't mention that to any Dodgers fans in the MLB forum though, they only look at this situation in the short term.
    My Dad is a Dodgers fan. He's thrilled. He was pissed when he thought they would take on Lee's money.... But Crawfords and Becketts....

vCash
    My Dad is a Dodgers fan. He's thrilled. He was pissed when he thought they would take on Lee's money.... But Crawfords and Becketts....
    That move will more than likely handcuff them financially for quite some time. Even with that move, I still don't think they are better than the Nationals or Braves.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast