Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    This Off-season: Which potential free agent outfielder would you guys rather sign... I love Ellsbury and I think he would be great in Yankee stadium. I guess my order of desire would go as follows... Just curious what you guys think

Josh Hamilton
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Curtis Granderson
    We're gonna re-sign Grandy... there's no way that Texas let's Hamilton walk and same with Boston. Unless Boston is ********...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    We're gonna re-sign Grandy... there's no way that Texas let's Hamilton walk and same with Boston. Unless Boston is ********...
    Boston may not be able top afford Ellsbury...especially after paying Crawford. If it was such a no brainer, wouldn't they have already tried to resign him instead of bidding against every other team this summer? Remember, he has Boras for an agent.

vCash
    Hamilton is no guarantee either and I wouldn't want him either. He's aging and has injury problems.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    It would be interesting if we got Dempster. He's having a killer year on a horrible team. Would it translate to the AL East? Maybe, maybe not.

We could say bye bye to Freddy in the rotation at least!

vCash
    Double post... my bad
    Last edited by Decimotox; 07-31-2012 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    I like this maybe a bat too ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    I like this maybe a bat too ??
    Maybe a bat... who knows? Cash always surprises us. Ironically, it'd surprise me if he did nothing, so maybe he'll do nothing after all...

If he could get Dempster, he'd help save our season just that much more. Is Dempster the ultimate answer for this team? No, not at all. But would he help? I'd say yes.

vCash
    Maybe a bat... who knows? Cash always surprises us. Ironically, it'd surprise me if he did nothing, so maybe he'll do nothing after all...

If he could get Dempster, he'd help save our season just that much more. Is Dempster the ultimate answer for this team? No, not at all. But would he help? I'd say yes.
    No Soriano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    No Soriano
    We're gonna get Soriano? Haha no way :P

He'd become, like, our 8th outfielder. No point haha

vCash
    We're gonna get Soriano? Haha no way :P

He'd become, like, our 8th outfielder. No point haha
    Unless Tex is really hurt and will miss some time and Swish has to fill in at 1B, leaving us with the platoon of Jones/Ibanez in left. That is the only logic i can think of for bringing him back with Dempster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    Not every trade is going to be great. Every GM has good and bad moves. I'm pretty sure the whole "negotiating ninja" thing comes more from him pulling off deals on somewhat short notice. Like how nobody really knew about the Ichiro or Pineda deals until the day of the trade.

But considering how many horrible injuries we've had this year to regulars (Gardner, Pineda, Rivera, Joba, Aardsma, Pettitte, A-Rod) and prospects (Banuelos and Campos), it's damn impressive that we have such a huge lead in arguably the best division in baseball. Cashman definitely deserves a lot of that credit.
    i agree the Ninja Cashman has more to do with his ability to get a deal done quietly than anything else.

I think Cash deserves a small portion of the credit for this team being in 1st place despite all the injuries but the real credit belong with the players, especially our starting rotation and the coaches for holding this team together.

Quote Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post
    we need a 1b/3b to cover arod and now tex's absence.

Its disgusting me how cash is doing nothing cause they care more about keeping all the prospects and acquiring no contracts.

Im absolutely disgusted and disgruntled right now as a yankee fan.

I feel cheated in a way at this point. I dont expect josh johnson, I dont expect kendry morales.

But I do expect a B grade player who we damn well know he can acquire, they are out there.

Reed johnson would have been a better pickup then ichiro, as well as eric thames. And those guys went freakin cheap.

So what if they had to give up 3 good prospects for headley. They guy is 28, under team control, can play 3b/1b/of.

This is a guy that is producing now, not prospects THEY ARENT BRINGING UP ANYWAYS SO WHATS THE POINT OF KEEPING THEM THEN.
    If the owners are saying that can't add a bunch of payroll its really not Cashman's fault that he isn't going and picking up big dollar rental contracts at the deadline.

I thought Ichiro was a very solid pick up, great speed and awesome defense which is exactly what we needed and i'd be willing to bet theirs some more life left in that bat. Plus he did come cheap and wanted to play for us

I agree that if Tex's injury is serious we have to make another move for an Ofer or corner infielder if we have a prayer of holding on. I just don't think Headley is that guy. Plus Headley hasn't been a regular OFer in sometime The Padres are asking for 3-5 top prospects in return for a good but hardly great player. He would be a nice addition but at what cost. If i'm the Yankees and are trying desperately to get under 189m threshold and keep both Cano and Grady they have to hold on to guys like Williams, Sanchez, Banuelos and Tyler. They need to get solid production out of their farm system in the next couple or they run the risk of fielding a non playoff team until they can reload in 2015.

If we could get Headley without having to give up any of our top 3 prospects i'd be all for it but as of right now the Padres would probably ask for all 3. Even if those guys aren't going to contribute this yr, their very important to the future of this team

vCash
    apparently dodgers are going to get victorino.

Now what are they going to have to give up to get him, cause I would have rather had him then ichiro.

so really interested on what they are having to give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Jon Heyman - @JonHeymanCBS:
    theres no evidence of dempster talk with the # yankees. heres what we know. #dodgers #cubs http://cbsprt.co/Oyrqcp
    Awesome. So I guess Cash really is content with our team moving forward... 2nd round exit in the playoffs from what I can tell

And no, I'm not being a cry baby haha. We're just not good enough or young enough to beat the Angels. They are the only team IN HISTORY to have a winning record against the Yankees and I'm sure that will (sadly) continue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Boston may not be able top afford Ellsbury...especially after paying Crawford. If it was such a no brainer, wouldn't they have already tried to resign him instead of bidding against every other team this summer? Remember, he has Boras for an agent.
    Boston has another really good CF prospect in AA that could come up and take Ellsburys place. Also as u said Boras is his agent, unless they get blown out of the water with a contract offer i think he'll test the FA market. Also Ellsbury has been hurt alot and only had that 1 great yr last yr. No one really sure if he's more the player he was last yr with the great power numbers or not.

I wouldn't touch Hamilton long term either, he's on the wrong side of 30, huge injury liability not to mention the substance issues.

For now I think Grandy is our safest bet

It would be interesting if we got Dempster. He's having a killer year on a horrible team. Would it translate to the AL East? Maybe, maybe not.

We could say bye bye to Freddy in the rotation at least!
    I just don't see Dempster as a huge upgrade for the rotation. Personally i would rather see Phelps in the rotation than trade a valuable asset for Dempster and i want nothing to do with Soriano for the end of this season and all of next

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast