Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Pitching and situational hitting is what gets it done in the playoffs.
    Well, at least we'll probably have solid pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I bash them because based on personal experiences they suck.
    You should write to Time Warner and tell them they made a mistake...
    Can't believe we have a QB...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Well, at least we'll probably have solid pitching.
    Good enough!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TROTH View Post
    You should write to Time Warner and tell them they made a mistake...
    They're like most typical news sites. I can't count how many times I've seen "Players the Yankees Should Trade For" or "Players who will be in pinstripes next week", and yet they're all complete speculation. I realize a lot of sites do that, but Bleacher Report never backs anything up from what I've seen, and all of their trade speculations are pretty outlandish trades, ones that certainly can wow the reader, but rarely have any truth or substance.

vCash
    What a news site talking about stuff on just speculation! Good thing ESPN never does such things! Meanwhile here comes the latest Dwight Howard trade update based on one guy's speculation...

Anywho, hopefully the offense is a bit more alive tonight against the Oreos.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Since Cashman is supposedly a negotiating ninja, master class, let's see him pry Josh Johnson away from Loria's flea market for 1 killer B and 2 lower level prospects.

Then I might acknowledge him as a master stealth tactician because deals for Tanyon Sturtze, Scott Proctor, Kevin Brown and the like hardly qualify as epic masterpieces on ones resume.

Just sayin.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    weaver, wilson, greinke, haren

that is the best rotation in baseball. Im not saying they need another starter but the offense cant win on just hr against that kind of pitching
    Shouldn't you have some lopsided Knick trade or something ??

vCash
    Word is Reed Johnson got traded. Maybe here if Swisher is going to man 1b if Tex hurt?

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Word is Reed Johnson got traded. Maybe here if Swisher is going to man 1b if Tex hurt?
    Cashman is a machine if he pulled off a trade for Johnson in less than an hour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Since Cashman is supposedly a negotiating ninja, master class, let's see him pry Josh Johnson away from Loria's flea market for 1 killer B and 2 lower level prospects.

Then I might acknowledge him as a master stealth tactician because deals for Tanyon Sturtze, Scott Proctor, Kevin Brown and the like hardly qualify as epic masterpieces on ones resume.

Just sayin.
    Not every trade is going to be great. Every GM has good and bad moves. I'm pretty sure the whole "negotiating ninja" thing comes more from him pulling off deals on somewhat short notice. Like how nobody really knew about the Ichiro or Pineda deals until the day of the trade.

But considering how many horrible injuries we've had this year to regulars (Gardner, Pineda, Rivera, Joba, Aardsma, Pettitte, A-Rod) and prospects (Banuelos and Campos), it's damn impressive that we have such a huge lead in arguably the best division in baseball. Cashman definitely deserves a lot of that credit.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Geovany Soto too... Is it possible we got one of the only catchers doing worse than Martin too??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    Not every trade is going to be great. Every GM has good and bad moves. I'm pretty sure the whole "negotiating ninja" thing comes more from him pulling off deals on somewhat short notice. Like how nobody really knew about the Ichiro or Pineda deals until the day of the trade.

But considering how many horrible injuries we've had this year to regulars (Gardner, Pineda, Rivera, Joba, Aardsma, Pettitte, A-Rod) and prospects (Banuelos and Campos), it's damn impressive that we have such a huge lead in arguably the best division in baseball. Cashman definitely deserves a lot of that credit.
    So, I agree with the thoughts here. But I have now seen this perpetuated a few times. We didn't get an injury to Aardsma. We got him injured. Knowing it.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    "Ninja" needs to make a move to solidify the offense, IMO.

vCash
    we need a 1b/3b to cover arod and now tex's absence.

Its disgusting me how cash is doing nothing cause they care more about keeping all the prospects and acquiring no contracts.

Im absolutely disgusted and disgruntled right now as a yankee fan.

I feel cheated in a way at this point. I dont expect josh johnson, I dont expect kendry morales.

But I do expect a B grade player who we damn well know he can acquire, they are out there.

Reed johnson would have been a better pickup then ichiro, as well as eric thames. And those guys went freakin cheap.

So what if they had to give up 3 good prospects for headley. They guy is 28, under team control, can play 3b/1b/of.

This is a guy that is producing now, not prospects THEY ARENT BRINGING UP ANYWAYS SO WHATS THE POINT OF KEEPING THEM THEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    This Off-season: Which potential free agent outfielder would you guys rather sign... I love Ellsbury and I think he would be great in Yankee stadium. I guess my order of desire would go as follows... Just curious what you guys think

Josh Hamilton
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Curtis Granderson

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast